• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gailey reminds me of Vizzini with the way he coaches. He over thinks every decision and ultimately out coaches himself.

INCONCEIVABLE!!!

Holy shit IPW you sound like me! I was telling my son's that the problem with Gailey is he out smarts himself.

And yes dash he did punt from there. It would have been a 51 yard FG and Lindell has hit from there many times. Esp IN A DOME!! There are times I don't know what that man is thinking but he's getting ripped in the paper and on radio talk shows. I thought he was going to be a pretty good coach but sadly I was wrong.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit IPW you sound like me! I was telling my son's that the problem with Gailey is he out smarts himself.

And yes dash he did punt from there. It would have been a 51 yard FG and Lindell has hit from there many times. Esp IN A DOME!! There are times I don't know what that man is thinking but he's getting ripped in the paper and on radio talk shows. I thought he was going to be a pretty good coach but sadly I was wrong.

At the start of last season it certainly looked that way. Then they tanked down the stretch.

Then they made all the moves in the offseason and everyone expected huge improvement. And then they tanked right from day 1.

I thought bringing Gailey onboard was a good move at the time, but he has most certainly proved me wrong.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets fans taking out some frustration...

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, even fireman Ed hanging it up...

New York Jets superfan Fireman Ed, who for decades has fueled home crowds with his famous "J-E-T-S!" cheer, has decided to "R-E-T-I-R-E!"

[+] EnlargeFireman Ed
Debby Wong/US PresswireEd Anzalone, better known as Fireman Ed, has been a Jets fan since 1975.

Ed Anzalone, who created a stir Thanksgiving night when he left MetLife Stadium at halftime of the Jets' 49-19 loss to the New England Patriots and deleted his Twitter account, announced Sunday night that he no longer will attend home games as Fireman Ed.
....... The rest of the story...

New York Jets superfan Fireman Ed hangs up his helmet - ESPN New York

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least Fireman Ed has NHL hockey to fall back on...wait, what?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that is an impressive display of hate for a home team wow. those are ANGRY fans. That one Guy YOU SUCK was so crystal clear and then the faint TEBOW SAVE US....

ahahah that was awesome

Jets fans taking out some frustration...

LOL, They should tell us how they really feel. That's brutal !!

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yvlb6.gif

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a huge upgrade. I think Reid is a phenomenal coach that just needs a change of scenery. He took over an Eagles' franchise that was shit and has gone 129-88-1 with them. He's done a fantastic job. If they fired Shanny tomorrow, I'd love to find out Reid is the replacement.

From a coaching standpoint I agree. It would be a huge upgrade. My concern about Reid is I think he should take some time off. His other son has had drug issues as well. I just think Reid should take 1 year off & make sure everything is right with his family. A vacation would be good for him. I realize coaching is his life though. We'll just have to wait & see.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a coaching standpoint I agree. It would be a huge upgrade. My concern about Reid is I think he should take some time off. His other son has had drug issues as well. I just think Reid should take 1 year off & make sure everything is right with his family. A vacation would be good for him. I realize coaching is his life though. We'll just have to wait & see.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you about that possibly being the best thing for him. But he also doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would take a year off either.

Reid's biggest issue is that he can't seem to find a balance with passes v. runs. He is consistently increasing the gap to favor the pass when every critic out there has repeatedly told him he passes too much and he's had good RBs to carry the load. He had more success when those two elements of the game were in better harmony. But I still think he's the best coach out there without a ring, and I think at some point he gets one.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't disagree with you about that possibly being the best thing for him. But he also doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would take a year off either.

Reid's biggest issue is that he can't seem to find a balance with passes v. runs. He is consistently increasing the gap to favor the pass when every critic out there has repeatedly told him he passes too much and he's had good RBs to carry the load. He had more success when those two elements of the game were in better harmony. But I still think he's the best coach out there without a ring, and I think at some point he gets one.

I agree with this. Shady McCoy seemed like a perfect fit for his style when he joined the Eagles, but he's been underused. Remember how much of a beast Brian Westbrook was in that system? McCoy seems to have the same skill set. Could a new OC help? I think so.

Reid does seem like a great fit in San Diego. There's less pressure and Rivers still has a lot of time left in his career. I wouldn't be surprised to see them with a playoff win in year one.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the 4th & 29 play against the Chargers is being used to raise money for Charity by the Ravens.

Ray Rice came up with the slogan by accident while talking to reporters after the game.

"HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE RAY RICE UP THE MIDDLE!!"

Apparently they can't keep these T-SHIRTS on the shelves in the Baltimore area.

I actually like the fact Norv & the Chargers will NEVER live this play down.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the 4th & 29 play against the Chargers is being used to raise money for Charity by the Ravens.

Ray Rice came up with the slogan by accident while talking to reporters after the game.

"HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE RAY RICE UP THE MIDDLE!!"

Apparently they can't keep these T-SHIRTS on the shelves in the Baltimore area.

I actually like the fact Norv & the Chargers will NEVER live this play down.

I was so mad when Flacco checked down to Rice. He was so lucky, it was a dumb play.
I have doubts whether he made it or not but watching the replay I saw no conclusive reason for them to change the call. Naturally they changed it any how but not enough to take the first away.

Status
Not open for further replies.