• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyonce to helm Super Bowl XLVII halftime show

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be better than last years at least. Sorry I thought it was the National Anthem that's why I initially typed I hope she remembers the words.

I dont even remember last years. they are all so boring

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Seabags with three very important dropped balls already.
this game shouldn't be this close right now.
might come back to haunt them.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seabags with three very important dropped balls already.
this game shouldn't be this close right now.
might come back to haunt them.

Would have been interesting to see how the game would have gone if they could have held on to some of those drops. Would have made the game more exciting at the end. But I can't say I'm too disappointed. SF has such a good defense and Wilson still isn't ready to consistently win on the road yet. He's improving but he's still a rookie and it shows. The game went pretty much how I expected it to. The Seahawks now have 10 games to prepare for the Lions, a road game they can most definitely win.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Would have been interesting to see how the game would have gone if they could have held on to some of those drops. Would have made the game more exciting at the end. But I can't say I'm too disappointed. SF has such a good defense and Wilson still isn't ready to consistently win on the road yet. He's improving but he's still a rookie and it shows. The game went pretty much how I expected it to. The Seahawks now have 10 games to prepare for the Lions, a road game they can most definitely win.

seems Wilson was going for the long bomb a bit too often. nothing wrong with a nice 14 yard pass.
hell, we got picked apart in the 3rd quarter by 7 yard passes.

dropped passed were at least 7 more points, and that's the game - 4 for the sure TD that ended up being a FG, and 3 for one of the 3rd down conversions that would have put us into FG range.

however, what pisses me off even more is the declined safety at the end - I took SF in my pool, and those extra 2 points would have covered the spread. fuuuuuuuu......

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing I dont understand about last night. it was a safety to end the game. why did San Fran WANT to measure? did it matter? it was their ball plus 2 points? was that a risk that may have backfired on them that it was a first down for Seattle? I just dont understand that

also

Tim Tebow playing in the running back position this weekend

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what I was thinking. I just didnt get an explanation from the TV announcers. they seemed more confsued than I did

Yeah, it's essentially like the article says. Unlikely Seattle could have recovered two on-sides and scored twice in 46 secons.

But why even give them that chance, no matter how slim the odds. Take the sure thing and end it.

/Though my fantasy would have been OK with the safety since I have the 49ers D.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing I dont understand about last night. it was a safety to end the game. why did San Fran WANT to measure? did it matter? it was their ball plus 2 points? was that a risk that may have backfired on them that it was a first down for Seattle? I just dont understand that

also

Tim Tebow playing in the running back position this weekend

With the lack of weapons on offense I think they need to start going with gadget plays, or at least make the D believe they are.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's essentially like the article says. Unlikely Seattle could have recovered two on-sides and scored twice in 46 secons.

But why even give them that chance, no matter how slim the odds. Take the sure thing and end it.

/Though my fantasy would have been OK with the safety since I have the 49ers D.

Apparently in the betting world that decision changed $1B to the other dude

Don't bet on Seahawks games

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow would be a great FB. And if he has the hands, a TE. It's time for someone to tell him that. God, you have a pretty good relationship there...you should probably break the news.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
concert.jpg

Niagara-Falls-Billieve-Event-157--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my favorite FF team. You pick defensive players in addition to the offensive team (DE, LB, 2 DB, 3 DP). I'm also kicking major ass!!! :whoo:

Next year I'm starting a money league with this format. I might change the 2 RB/WR to a single flex position otherwise it'll be the same.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills fall victim to the stat jinx once again.

The Titans got the ball first to start the game, and they showed a stat that they haven't scored an opening drive TD in 13 games.

Right then and there, I knew they would get a TD, and they did. :L

Now the Bills get the ball, and they already have 2 personal foul penalties on their 1st drive. :L

Status
Not open for further replies.