• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did adjust the spot based on the replay challenge, but they still lose the challenge because the NFL's replay rule (stupidly) says that you only win the challenge on the spot if it results in a first down or touchdown if it was not ruled a first down or touchdown originally (or the opposite if the D challenges).

I must have missed that - So on review, they adjusted the spot but to my eyes it looked like the adjustment was only a couple of inches or so and still well short of a first down (and in my opinion, not even close to where the spot should have been).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is too funny

BfhVYR3CYAAAJ_W.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You went full American. :D

I was just in a conference call with guys from Calgary/Toronto/Montreal and said to them what i said above ... they asked me if i burned anything in the celebrations :ohwell:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just in a conference call with guys from Calgary/Toronto/Montreal and said to them what i said above ... they asked me if i burned anything in the celebrations :ohwell:

:L

What a bunch of idiots.

Don't they know that in BC you only riot when you LOSE??? :whistle: :bolt:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed that - So on review, they adjusted the spot but to my eyes it looked like the adjustment was only a couple of inches or so and still well short of a first down (and in my opinion, not even close to where the spot should have been).

Yeah, I think they said what happened somewhere in between a Bud Light commercial, a promo for the TV show coming up after the game, and a reminder about the half-time show. It was easy to miss.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you keep it classy or take the cheap shots?

Toronto is just too easy these days. And Montreal...they have a great reputation for civil obedience following sporting events.

Basically what I'm saying is you had plenty of material to work with.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think they said what happened somewhere in between a Bud Light commercial, a promo for the TV show coming up after the game, and a reminder about the half-time show. It was easy to miss.

lol - I can't wait to watch 'Shovin' Buddies' Thursday night on Fox.

s-FAMILY-GUY-large.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept it classy and admitted I was more of a tuxedo pant looter than a burning cop cars kinda guy

yeah you never want to burn the cop cars on your first riot. always save it for your 2nd. you will enjoy it more

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and we need an update on this classic:

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
after sleeping on it a bit...... holy crap that was a dominating performance.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty good! Doug Baldwin on ESPN's Chris Carter

"If those guys would do their jobs they would figure it out..not gonna say any names I don't think they're any FOX affiliates...If they would also do their jobs further, they would see that we are the most efficiently receiving core in the NFL...My man said that we were appetizers, he told me to Google him...I saw that he was a Hall of Famer...I didn't see any Super Bowl appearances...I would love to show him the Super Bowl ring and if he doesn't want to come & see it personally tell him to Google it."

Read more: Doug Baldwin Destroyed Chris Carter After Winning The Super Bowl - Business Insider

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I hear about Cris Carter, the less I'm surprised that his son came to Canada to continue his football career.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know why I don't watch ESPN

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know why I don't watch ESPN

dont read bleacherreport for NFL draft analysis either (or for anything really)

2012 NFL Draft Grades: Ranking Teams That Failed on Draft Day | Bleacher Report

With the 2012 NFL draft over and done, it’s time to look back on the teams that failed on draft day and give them a grade.

Certain teams had amazing afternoons, but others teams (I’m looking at you Seattle) completely missed on the concept of trying to improve.

All of the following squads screwed up, but it’s very clear that certain teams have major internal issues. I’m sorry to the fans of all the following teams for the poor drafting.

No. 1: Seattle Seahawks

After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.

Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.

As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.

Grade: F

oh ... upon further review ... bleacherreport re-visited the seahawks "failed" 2012 draft last month

How the Seattle Seahawks Won the 2012 NFL Draft | Bleacher Report

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont read bleacherreport for NFL draft analysis either (or for anything really)

2012 NFL Draft Grades: Ranking Teams That Failed on Draft Day | Bleacher Report

With the 2012 NFL draft over and done, it’s time to look back on the teams that failed on draft day and give them a grade.

Certain teams had amazing afternoons, but others teams (I’m looking at you Seattle) completely missed on the concept of trying to improve.

All of the following squads screwed up, but it’s very clear that certain teams have major internal issues. I’m sorry to the fans of all the following teams for the poor drafting.

No. 1: Seattle Seahawks

After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.

Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.

As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.

Grade: F

oh ... upon further review ... bleacherreport re-visited the seahawks "failed" 2012 draft last month

How the Seattle Seahawks Won the 2012 NFL Draft | Bleacher Report

lol unbelievable

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hatred for Bleacher Report is immense. What crock. Doesn't help that I sort of don't like their "Injury Expert" guy. He's a journalist. He's not a medical professional. The dude googles for a living. Pisses me off. He IS an advocate for ATs, so I appreciate that, but not the fact that he gallivants about pretending to be something he most certainly isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.