• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton can be inconsistant, but I really like Cincy's D. They will probably be the difference. I hope I'm wrong.

I watched Ben and the Steelers pick their D apart...it can happen. Mostly I'm confident because Cincy has a way of disappearing come January. It's incredibly consistent.

EDIT: Let's put it this way, if the Steelers had gotten into the postseason, Cincy didn't cause me much worry.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Ben and the Steelers pick their D apart...it can happen. Mostly I'm confident because Cincy has a way of disappearing come January. It's incredibly consistent.

EDIT: Let's put it this way, if the Steelers had gotten into the postseason, Cincy didn't cause me much worry.

That was one of the nastiest games I've seen in a long time. Both teams were trying to simply beat the crap out of each other. It was kind of Old school NFL.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the nastiest games I've seen in a long time. Both teams were trying to simply beat the crap out of each other. It was kind of Old school NFL.

You know it's old school when the punter breaks his jaw, hah.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it's old school when the punter breaks his jaw, hah.

You know the rivalry is real when the Bengals signed Harrison. I wasn't surprised one bit when I found out he had a concussion. I view Tomlin as an old school coach. Not like Buddy Ryan who had bounties on everybody, but he wants his guys to play hard, tough & nasty.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the rivalry is real when the Bengals signed Harrison. I wasn't surprised one bit when I found out he had a concussion. I view Tomlin as an old school coach. Not like Buddy Ryan who had bounties on everybody, but he wants his guys to play hard, tough & nasty.

I laughed when they signed Harrison actually. As a fan, I love him for '09. That pick six...man, it has to be one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history. But the man is done...he was 2 years ago. But I enjoyed watching him either get to the QB or get held every play for years, haha. And you're right about Tomlin...he's a moving cliche like the old school guys too. His players love him, even if he's not the best coach out there. All three of Pittsburgh's coaches are similar like that...they're players love 'em, but man they aren't the best at game decisions.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed when they signed Harrison actually. As a fan, I love him for '09. That pick six...man, it has to be one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history. But the man is done...he was 2 years ago. But I enjoyed watching him either get to the QB or get held every play for years, haha. And you're right about Tomlin...he's a moving cliche like the old school guys too. His players love him, even if he's not the best coach out there. All three of Pittsburgh's coaches are similar like that...they're players love 'em, but man they aren't the best at game decisions.

His record speaks for itself though. Tomlin has done a terrific job. Their drafting needs to get better though.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His record speaks for itself though. Tomlin has done a terrific job. Their drafting needs to get better though.

This. SO MUCH this. I can't be mad at Tomlin when he brought a Super Bowl and plenty of postseasons to the team...but man his track record at the draft isn't good. That's not all on him though. Honestly upper management needs to be looked at a bit. Their work with development, drafting, and restructuring contracts is blah. I know the whole idea is you put the future on hold so you can have current success, but man those deals have hamstrung this team. Need to get draft picks. Lots of them.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. SO MUCH this. I can't be mad at Tomlin when he brought a Super Bowl and plenty of postseasons to the team...but man his track record at the draft isn't good. That's not all on him though. Honestly upper management needs to be looked at a bit. Their work with development, drafting, and restructuring contracts is blah. I know the whole idea is you put the future on hold so you can have current success, but man those deals have hamstrung this team. Need to get draft picks. Lots of them.

This is why I'm amazed the Chargers are in the playoffs. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Telesco had a great 1st draft as GM & Rivers is one of the best December QB's in NFL history. He's the opposite of Tony Romo in the final month of the season. AJ Smith let so many players go that Rivers was left with nobody to throw the ball to last year. I have a lot of confidence in the front office of the Chargers now. The last GM the Chargers had I had faith in was John Butler. May he RIP.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Eli Manning's birthday today (33 years old). I guess he tried to throw himself a birthday party, but it was intercepted.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Eli Manning's birthday today (33 years old). I guess he tried to throw himself a birthday party, but it was intercepted.

I feel bad for him. If I knew his mailing address, I'd send him a few pick six lotto tickets from Jersey.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weather says 30's with a chance of snow. It's a lot better than back in 1981 when some Chargers players got frostbite. I think the Chargers will put up some points, but their D just isn't good enough. When Dwight Freeney got hurt in week 2 that basically ended their pass rush. If they can't get to Dalton they've got no shot. I actually think Cincy has a very good D & if they get past the Chargers could make some noise.

Only thing is you really can't count on Dalton, he's very shaky, look at that last game against the Ravens. That one DB picked him off 3 times alone this year in just 2 games. Think Rivers can remain on par with him or even outperform him. Somebody has to lock down A.J Green though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I'm amazed the Chargers are in the playoffs. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Telesco had a great 1st draft as GM & Rivers is one of the best December QB's in NFL history. He's the opposite of Tony Romo in the final month of the season. AJ Smith let so many players go that Rivers was left with nobody to throw the ball to last year. I have a lot of confidence in the front office of the Chargers now. The last GM the Chargers had I had faith in was John Butler. May he RIP.

Rivers, to me, is right on the very edge of being an elite quarterback. Another season like this one, and I'd say he's there. He was incredible this year.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing is you really can't count on Dalton, he's very shaky, look at that last game against the Ravens. That one DB picked him off 3 times alone this year in just 2 games. Think Rivers can remain on par with him or even outperform him. Somebody has to lock down A.J Green though.

I'm actually not that worried about the offense. I think they'll put up some points. The Chargers defense & lack of a pass rush is their problem.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeeeeez Colts. Probably would've been more merciful to black this one out.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELL GEE MR. REID YOU SURE PICKED A GOOD YEAR TO START BLOWING OUT AFC TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELL GEE MR. REID YOU SURE PICKED A GOOD YEAR TO START BLOWING OUT AFC TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS.

ALEX SMITH IS THE ANSWER! Don't worry, a poorly executed timeout is surely to come...even if it's when they're up 30.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALEX SMITH IS THE ANSWER! Don't worry, a poorly executed timeout is surely to come...even if it's when they're up 30.

Nah, he'd probably challenge the spot of the ball on a first and ten run where the guy gets tackled after a one yard gain. Upon further review, the runner was down by contact five yards behind the line of scrimmage.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, he'd probably challenge the spot of the ball on a first and ten run where the guy gets tackled after a one yard gain. Upon further review, the runner was down by contact five yards behind the line of scrimmage.

ku-xlarge.gif

Real talk: if the Chiefs win the SB...how many Philadelphians die?

Status
Not open for further replies.