• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before last weeks games the ESPN experts said that Jerry Jones would fire the head coach if they missed the playoffs. :noidea:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan has been fired...

/I wish I was in the wrong thread :)

AP4Ew.gif

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, They blew it dash...SAN DIEGO -- The NFL says referees erred in not penalizing the San Diego Chargers for an illegal formation on a missed 41-yard field goal attempt by Ryan Succop of the Kansas City Chiefs with four seconds left in regulation on Sunday.

succop-fg-penalty-chargers.jpg

I am given to understand that this is in direct response to that Steelers coach chopping that Ravens guy up with a chainsaw on the sidelines.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am given to understand that this is in direct response to that Steelers coach chopping that Ravens guy up with a chainsaw on the sidelines.
Cool, retribution paid. Now don't mess with our draft pick.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC should have won that game twice....the penalty on the FG and the missed fumble call on the fake punt...but that's what happens when you leave your fate up to another team...Pittsburgh played Miami at home...in a friggen blizzard..and lost...they don't deserve to be in the play-offs...that being said...I hope Cincy crushes SD and that arrogant bastard Rivers next week...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC should have won that game twice....the penalty on the FG and the missed fumble call on the fake punt...but that's what happens when you leave your fate up to another team...Pittsburgh played Miami at home...in a friggen blizzard..and lost...they don't deserve to be in the play-offs...that being said...I hope Cincy crushes SD and that arrogant bastard Rivers next week...

Arrogant Bastard? I'll admit Rivers talks plenty of smack. However, he never swears in doing so. I don't think this is really a fair fight. I mean Rivers is a clean cut guy who was married before he was even drafted & has 6 kids. Big Ben on the other hand, lets just say there are more than a few questions about his off the field escapades.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrogant Bastard? I'll admit Rivers talks plenty of smack. However, he never swears in doing so. I don't think this is really a fair fight. I mean Rivers is a clean cut guy who was married before he was even drafted & has 6 kids. Big Ben on the other hand, lets just say there are more than a few questions about his off the field escapades.

He's smug. I think it's more the fact that it appears (doesn't mean it happens) that he blames anyone but himself on the ice. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, which is something fans want, but when it happens, they spend the whole time hating them.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's smug. I think it's more the fact that it appears (doesn't mean it happens) that he blames anyone but himself on the ice. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, which is something fans want, but when it happens, they spend the whole time hating them.

I can completely understand why Rivers would have some haters, but compared to Big Ben, Rivers is a saint.

What's the latest on Ben? Is he going to be traded? Will the Steelers pay him?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can completely understand why Rivers would have some haters, but compared to Big Ben, Rivers is a saint.

What's the latest on Ben? Is he going to be traded? Will the Steelers pay him?

I think they're just going to go into this next season with him on his current deal. He's not FA for 2 years still, and honestly this was probably one of his best years as a QB ever. Played every game (and every snap) for the first time in his career, healthy, pretty solid stat line, especially in the second half of the year. After the team snapped out of it's funk, they were honestly pretty dangerous. I think that Cinci was a bit thankful that SD got in, because the Steelers offense was clicking. The Steelers biggest issue is getting younger on D, especially in the secondary. I really don't think they'll trade Ben unless things get REALLY bad. I just want a good draft, haven't had one of those in Tomlin's time here.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're just going to go into this next season with him on his current deal. He's not FA for 2 years still, and honestly this was probably one of his best years as a QB ever. Played every game (and every snap) for the first time in his career, healthy, pretty solid stat line, especially in the second half of the year. After the team snapped out of it's funk, they were honestly pretty dangerous. I think that Cinci was a bit thankful that SD got in, because the Steelers offense was clicking. The Steelers biggest issue is getting younger on D, especially in the secondary. I really don't think they'll trade Ben unless things get REALLY bad. I just want a good draft, haven't had one of those in Tomlin's time here.

Ben is making 12M. He wants to be paid. He led the Steelers to two Super Bowls, which is more than Peyton Manning and he makes 25M. Heck Rivers makes 15M. In all honesty I wouldn't blame Ben if he held out for a bigger deal. He's definitely underpaid for what he's accomplished on the field.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is making 12M. He wants to be paid. He led the Steelers to two Super Bowls, which is more than Peyton Manning and he makes 25M. Heck Rivers makes 15M. In all honesty I wouldn't blame Ben if he held out for a bigger deal. He's definitely underpaid for what he's accomplished on the field.

They've restructured his deal multiple times...so isn't he making more than that right now? I guess I'm not sure here...he should sit out because he wants more than a deal he already signed? I understand the market value thing, but he signed this awhile back...'08 I think? I'm pretty sure that he said he'd honor his contract...but that may have been Troy. I can't remember. Regardless, it'd kill the team if he wanted more.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've restructured his deal multiple times...so isn't he making more than that right now? I guess I'm not sure here...he should sit out because he wants more than a deal he already signed? I understand the market value thing, but he signed this awhile back...'08 I think? I'm pretty sure that he said he'd honor his contract...but that may have been Troy. I can't remember. Regardless, it'd kill the team if he wanted more.

It could be an interesting offseason in Pittsburgh.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw you Bears. Between that abomination and Flacco's deal...just...SCREW YOU.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
54 mill buys alot of cancer sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.