• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He going to earn the HELL out of that contract, you'll see.
I'll put money* on it.
BOOK IT!!

*disclaimer - claim only valid for the first 50 minutes of games 1-13, does not include playoffs, and void if Dallas has a lead in the 4th and can hand the ball off.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bills decide to let Fitzpicktrick walk and go with the pu pu platter of Tavaris Jackson and Kevin Kolb? Not sure any of these guys should be a starting QB in the NFL(probably not the CFL either).

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bills decide to let Fitzpicktrick walk and go with the pu pu platter of Tavaris Jackson and Kevin Kolb? Not sure any of these guys should be a starting QB in the NFL(probably not the CFL either).

lol - I can think of at least 4 CFL QB's better than either Jackson or Kolb.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I know what the Bills are trying to do, I just don't know if I agree with it or not right now.

They had to get rid of Fitz, but I do think Kolb is a slight improvement over him, provided he stays healthy.

I think they are going to take a G (Chance Warmack) or WR ( Cordarrelle Patterson) with the 8th overall pick, and then see if Nassib is still there in the 2nd Round?

If all else fails, I hear that next year is supposed to have a better class of QB's to draft, so maybe the Bills finally get their franchise QB then?

Then again, these are the Bills we are talking about. :L

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I know what the Bills are trying to do, I just don't know if I agree with it or not right now.

They had to get rid of Fitz, but I do think Kolb is a slight improvement over him, provided he stays healthy.

I think they are going to take a G (Chance Warmack) or WR ( Cordarrelle Patterson) with the 8th overall pick, and then see if Nassib is still there in the 2nd Round?

If all else fails, I hear that next year is supposed to have better class of QB's to draft, so maybe the Bills finally get their franchise QB then?

If you expect it to be a bad year, then I can see this working out. If it's a decent year and they can't get a good pick for a QB in the next draft then it could really backfire.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you expect it to be a bad year, then I can see this working out.

Having Kolb, Jackson, and possibly a rookie as the QB's, a new HC, DC, going back to the 3-4, and the fact that it's the Bills, all suggest it's going to be a bad year.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If all else fails, I hear that next year is supposed to have a better class of QB's to draft, so maybe the Bills finally get their franchise QB then?

I'm really hoping it's this. If they waste the 8th pick on Nassib (or any of the other QBs in this draft), I'm going to be pissed.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Boss, what do you think about the Bills facing the Pats on the 1st game of the Season?

What a challenge for Marrone right off the bat. Sink or swim.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the top 3 OT's go in the top 5 & Milner is available for the Browns. I don't want Telesco trading away the Chargers 2nd round pick to move up. The Chargers need 10 All Pros added to the roster. 5 on each side of the ball. Can you say REBUILD.

Hey Mel Kiper Jr. would you please shut the hell up about the Chargers trading up.:mad:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Boss, what do you think about the Bills facing the Pats on the 1st game of the Season?

What a challenge for Marrone right off the bat. Sink or swim.

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll give my opinion anyhow.

They're toast. I like having the Pats in week 17 though. Since they'll have wrapped up the AFC East (and probably home field advantage) by then, maybe they'll rest some starters and the Bills will actually stand a chance.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DownGoesBrown: Awkward moment at the NFL draft when it was time for the first overall pick and Steve Tambellini ran up to the mic out of force of habit.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I like Jones. Hoping that Lacy is still available at 16 tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious the Bills are aiming for the Super Bowl by selecting EJ Manuel with their 1st pick.

I don't think you're going to like that pick. I think for the most part he thinks the position pretty decently, but his hand is always under the ball when he throws, and it leads to a lot of soft passes and passes that sail on him. In the NFL, that means interceptions.

With a good quarterback coach who could fix his mechanics, I think he could be a decent NFL quarterback. Like I said, he thinks the position alright, and he's not going to crumble on you and is a quality leader, but his mechanics need to improve a lot.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're going to like that pick. I think for the most part he thinks the position pretty decently, but his hand is always under the ball when he throws, and it leads to a lot of soft passes and passes that sail on him. In the NFL, that means interceptions.

With a good quarterback coach who could fix his mechanics, I think he could be a decent NFL quarterback. Like I said, he thinks the position alright, and he's not going to crumble on you and is a quality leader, but his mechanics need to improve a lot.

A couple of years ago, no, but Buddy Nix seems to be doing pretty good when it comes to the draft the past couple of years. I remember when everyone bashed him for taking Spiller with the 1st pick at #8, and look how that turned out.

They spent a looooong time looking at all the QB's, and they must have seen something that made them want to go with him over Smith, Barkley, and even Nassib. At least with Nassib, he would have the same coach and OC from Syracuse, so there has to be something about Manuel that impressed them.

I'm not going to hold my breath or anything, but crazier things have happened before in the NFL, why not this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.