• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree, even with Carter's legal trouble. My only concern with Carter is we have the legal trouble now piled on to rumors and scouts saying there was concerns about his passion for football.

That said, if he's there at #5 I guess ya just gotta pull the trigger and hope Carroll can get him focused...

Carter + Van Ness (or Murphy) + Avila + BPA at ILB/EDGE/WR would be a dream. I think a nose tackle or major run stuffer can be had in the 3rd.
Jalen Carter is the best player available in this draft. Character concerns don't concern me whatsoever in his case.

IMO he's the best interior defensive lineman prospect since Quinnen Williams, and I think that Carter could be even better than him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Hawks drafting a WR. Lockett is not going to play forever and they have really nothing behind DK and Lockett.
Although we have bigger needs on defense, there are some good WRs that'll be available at the end of the first round.

If Jaxon Smith-Njigba is available when our second first round selection rolls around, I could see the Seahawks taking him. Played primarily out of the slot, great routing running ability, magnet hands, and when you watch him play he takes blocking very seriously which I know Carroll will like a lot.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Carter is the best player available in this draft. Character concerns don't concern me whatsoever in his case.

IMO he's the best interior defensive lineman prospect since Quinnen Williams, and I think that Carter could be even better than him.
Carter is a phukking monster… I’d be thrilled if Seattle landed him, just from a massive need standpoint…

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like Carter would be the biggest bang for buck at 1.5. He's the consensus #1 player at his position, would likely start week 1, and addresses probably the most glaring weakness on the roster. I don't think you can say that about any other player that would be taken at that spot.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Carter would be the biggest bang for buck at 1.5. He's the consensus #1 player at his position, would likely start week 1, and addresses probably the most glaring weakness on the roster. I don't think you can say that about any other player that would be taken at that spot.

Yeah. He will need to blow people away in the interviews to mollify those character concerns.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If carter and Anderson are somehow both available at 5, I think you take Anderson. Just feels like a much safer pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If carter and Anderson are somehow both available at 5, I think you take Anderson. Just feels like a much safer pick.

I probably agree with this. But I will say that Carter is probably more of a need than Anderson by a large measure.

Honestly Tyree Wilson is probably a better fit than Anderson given the fact that we have Nwosu and Taylor already.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either and im happy....studs

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably agree with this. But I will say that Carter is probably more of a need than Anderson by a large measure.

Honestly Tyree Wilson is probably a better fit than Anderson given the fact that we have Nwosu and Taylor already.

I like wilson too, he just doesnt have the production that anderson does. nobody does really. I dont think we can go wrong between anderson, wilson or carter. carter just brings more apparent risk than the other two, but I think also higher reward.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds prohibitively expensive to move up and the further down in the draft the cost rises. FYI for those who think the Seahawks can wait on drafting a QB until 2024.
two 1st and two 2nds for #1. if we trade down and grab a 1st next year we would already have the two firsts needed. thats assuming we would necessarily have to trade into #1.

this is assuming that there is still a QB available at 5, which if there isnt then its a moot point anyways.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two 1st and two 2nds for #1. if we trade down and grab a 1st next year we would already have the two firsts needed. thats assuming we would necessarily have to trade into #1.

this is assuming that there is still a QB available at 5, which if there isnt then its a moot point anyways.

Realistically, there are going to be at least 2 QBs gone before we draft and maybe 3 or even 4. Everything I'm reading suggests that Stroud is almost certainly gone by the 2nd pick. If Young goes after him at 2. We would need to trade up with the Cardinals to have our choice of either which is going to cost a fair amount. And we are going to be taking an even bigger risk because they are both pretty raw.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, there are going to be at least 2 QBs gone before we draft and maybe 3 or even 4. Everything I'm reading suggests that Stroud is almost certainly gone by the 2nd pick. If Young goes after him at 2. We would need to trade up with the Cardinals to have our choice of either which is going to cost a fair amount. And we are going to be taking an even bigger risk because they are both pretty raw.
Levis and Richardson are not worth trading up, let some other dumbass team waste their capital

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis and Richardson are not worth trading up, let some other dumbass team waste their capital

I agree. Trading up is a very dangerous move in general.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle Seahawks Pre-Draft Visits

March 2
Daiyan Henley - LB, Washington State (source)
Kelee Ringo - CB, Georgia (source)
JL Skinner - S, Boise State (source)
Mike Morris - EDGE, Michigan (source)
Julius Brents - CB, Kansas State (source)
March 3
Michael Wilson - WR, Stanford (source)
March 4
John Michael Schmitz - C, Minnesota (source)
Zach Charbonnet - RB, UCLA (source)
No Date Specified
Anthony Richardson - QB, Florida (source)
Nolan Smith - OLB, Georgia (source)

That Anthony Richardson visit is concerning.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Anthony Richardson visit is concerning.
If he's available it would make the #5 pick enticing for a team like the Raiders to trade up for. If Al Davis was alive he would be the type Al loved.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's available it would make the #5 pick enticing for a team like the Raiders to trade up for.

Sure. I'm fine with that.

I can live with any of the other 3 QBs, if that is how they want to go. I do NOT want Richardson.