• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Geno will repeat this season's performance then? What happens when he turns back into a pumpkin again? How do the Seahawks correct the QB situation? Even if they resign Geno for cheap ( unlikely) they need to search for their next franchise QB pronto and this draft is by far their best chance to land one.
The reason you and others want the Seahawks to pass taking a QB with the early first is you like playing armchair GM and you want this player and that player and so on and can't be done if the Seahawks use that first on a QB. Seahawks HAVE TO take a QB with that early first, HAVE TO!
Adjust your wish list accordingly and start the list after the Seahawks take a QB with their early first.
if we end up with #5 and the top two QBs are gone and a STUD DL is sitting there for the taking, it would be stupid to pass and overdraft a QB just for the sake of drafting a QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we end up with #5 and the top two QBs are gone and a STUD DL is sitting there for the taking, it would be stupid to pass and overdraft a QB just for the sake of drafting a QB.
If it's a QB with talent then it would be the height of stupidity to pass on him. The top 1-3 or maybe 1-5 QBs are a coin flip. Herbert had QBs drafted ahead of him. Josh Allen had QBs drafted of him, and Mahomes had QBs drafted ahead of him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'll calm down. I do feel strongly that QB is the #1 need going into the draft and unless the Seahawks feel there isn't a decent prospect at QB when their turns come,( which I find unlikely) then a QB has to be taken first.

Oh you're fine, Harold lol. No offense taken nor given.

Seattle has a number of needs. DL/EDGE, OL (interior), ILB, S, and of course QB. Rumors say John wanted Mahomes/Allen. If that's true, the guy knows what he's doing.... I'm by no means anywhere close to an NFL scout, so if Schneider thinks 'that guy' is there, is it worth trading up for? Yes... while I love the idea of fortifying the whole team, QB is the most important position in sports. If you think your guy is there, take him. Can't argue with that.

I've said numerous times on this forum, any team offering Geno (who is a 1/2 year wonder with a fairly stacked offense in terms of weapons) $30M+ is batshit insane and would get an auto F grade from me. If it's $20M per (VERY cheap allowing us to pursue a top pass rushing free agent) then fine. Should we still use that leverage to draft a QB? Eh... let's see how the next couple weeks go :)

I just don't think Stroud will be there and not interested in any of the other QBs with a top 15 pick.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a QB with talent then it would be the height of stupidity to pass on him. The top 1-3 or maybe 1-5 QBs are a coin flip. Herbert had QBs drafted ahead of him. Josh Allen had QBs drafted of him, and Mahomes had QBs drafted ahead of him.
the good news is, we have another 1st.
I just don't think Stroud will be there and not interested in any of the other QBs with a top 15 pick.
he was dominated by michigan and looked like dogshit when the game was on the line. threw a terrible INT at the end.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the good news is, we have another 1st.

he was dominated by michigan and looked like dogshit when the game was on the line. threw a terrible INT at the end.

Eh every player has bad games... Stroud still has good accuracy, gets the ball out quick, plays pretty well under pressure, and uses the middle of the field. There's some things that can be improved but the kid will be barely 21.5 by the time of the draft, I think Waldron could shape him up pretty quick... he's got WCO written all over him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh every player has bad games... Stroud still has good accuracy, gets the ball out quick, plays pretty well under pressure, and uses the middle of the field. There's some things that can be improved but the kid will be barely 21.5 by the time of the draft, I think Waldron could shape him up pretty quick... he's got WCO written all over him.

And Michagan always had his digits.

But he hasn't done much this year to prove himself worthy of top 5

Only 3 qbs have been impressive this year:

Phenix Jr

Duggar TCU

Hooker of Tennessee

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Michagan always had his digits.

But he hasn't done much this year to prove himself worthy of top 5

Only 3 qbs have been impressive this year:

Phenix Jr

Duggar TCU

Hooker of Tennessee

Eh I still like Stroud... I think he can be legit especially in a system like Waldron's.... if we can't get him then I'd prefer we snag Murphy and maybe shoot for a QB in the 2nd frame.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos about to lose again, 3-8 …. Maybe Seattle can get Jalen Carter ?

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncos pick inched up to #4 after yesterday. its going to be tough to crack top 2 with the bears and texans looking like they wont win another game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at our run D today, we need two of him

It's pretty simple... Cody Barton should NOT be getting that many snaps... I was very nervous about him being the #2 STARTER (with a 3-4 or 2-4-5) coming into this season, and sure enough here we are.

Seattle's D looked pretty good when he was getting about 1/3 or 1/2 the game snaps. Yesterday and against the Bucs they elevated that to 3/4 of the snaps.... And sure enough the walk off TD yesterday was Barton's fault. Good blocking by the Raiders, Brooks absorbed an OL (fine) and what does Barton do? Completely misread the play, run into Harris/Woods from behind (potentially injuring them) completely missing the gap assignment, and then just standing there with a "Oh well" while Jacobs slit our throats.

I'm not saying cut Barton... but get him the fuck off the field outside of very limited situations or God forbid an injury (if Brooks goes down even the Rams might set an NFL record against us). Again, it absolutely blew my mind when the Seahawks were going in with Brooks as the #1 ILB and Barton (who has zero athletic ability) at #2 and both were supposed to be on the field? Guaranteed if Seattle was running a 4-3 this season they'd be 8-3.

Reactions: MrS

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncos pick inched up to #4 after yesterday. its going to be tough to crack top 2 with the bears and texans looking like they wont win another game.
We're definitely in position to pick Jalen Carter or Will Anderson with our 1st rounder...

Broncos Schedule looks brutal... They may only win 1 or 2 the rest of the way...
1669656168480.png

Bears schedule looks brutal as well but they have been more competitive with the way Fields has been playing over his last 4 or 5 games...
1669656397738.png

Raiders have a pretty tough schedule as well but they can real off 3 more wins I think... They should finish ahead of Denver in the win column
1669656538182.png

Panthers have a very good defense and offensive line... They could win a few more, including one against the Seahawks imo... I think they can win 2 or 3 more the rest of the way...
1669656616949.png

Attachments

• 1669656367993.png
    1669656367993.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 0

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will be interesting to see what the lions do, taking a QB is a real possibility if they end up with #2. but I could also see them building a dominant DL with carter or anderson too.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will be interesting to see what the lions do, taking a QB is a real possibility if they end up with #2. but I could also see them building a dominant DL with carter or anderson too.
Yep could you imagine teaming one of those two up with Aidan Hutchinson

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on QB… DL? Yes
This is me. Absolutely no on QB with the top pick. Clearly we have a need for a game wrecker on the DL, and the top 5 is where to find that. I would rather "reach" for a guy like Penix in the middle rounds than blow a top 5 pick on a position with a huge bust rate. I would also rather re-sign Geno (and we know it isn't going to be for dirt cheap, and I am ok with that) than use a top pick on a QB. He still hasn't taken over a game in the clutch and turned a loss into a win, but he's playing plenty good enough to earn confidence he'll continue to do so as we build the supporting cast around him. If we have a chance to draft the next Aaron Donald, we shouldn't blow it by drafting the next shiny object QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top 5 pick has to be a QB or DL
Absolutely on QB. Take a pass rusher with the second 1st and run-stuffing DT in the second. Likely the only chance at a top-rated QB for the next decade, and no position is as important as QB. If the Seahawks don't address the QB situation in this next draft, how do they address it? Their draft position is going to be later and later for the Seahawks. Folks talk about the bust rate for top-rated QBs, but that's true for every position and the bust rate only gets worse the later you draft a QB. We can see with our own eyes that Geno is coming back to earth, he was terrible in the first half yesterday, he was stinking it up. The Seahawks are in the fortunate position to draft a top-rated QB they got to take advantage of it. We got a slew of armchair GMs here who are recommending that the Seahawks pass on a QB with their first pick and all I can say is I'm thankful they are not the Seahawks GM, because that's about the most foolish recommendation I've ever heard.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 potential and top 25 in the first and 2nd?

Who is on your wish list?

Postions?

For me. A fat boy like Bryan Breeze ( Clemson) would be good. But would be overjoyed if it's Will Anderson (Alabama Edge)
Well as a Pats fan I feel our needs are as follows

OT
OC/OG
WR
S

I feel we will be drafting around 15 to 17 based on this.

If he is there at 15 to 17 I like
Paris Johnson Jr OT Ohio State

In round 2 I like Brandon Joseph S Notre Dame. McCourty is long in the tooth

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely on QB. Take a pass rusher with the second 1st and run-stuffing DT in the second. Likely the only chance at a top-rated QB for the next decade, and no position is as important as QB. If the Seahawks don't address the QB situation in this next draft, how do they address it? Their draft position is going to be later and later for the Seahawks. Folks talk about the bust rate for top-rated QBs, but that's true for every position and the bust rate only gets worse the later you draft a QB. We can see with our own eyes that Geno is coming back to earth, he was terrible in the first half yesterday, he was stinking it up. The Seahawks are in the fortunate position to draft a top-rated QB they got to take advantage of it. We got a slew of armchair GMs here who are recommending that the Seahawks pass on a QB with their first pick and all I can say is I'm thankful they are not the Seahawks GM, because that's about the most foolish recommendation I've ever heard.
im not convinced any of the top rated QBs are going to be good.
stroud looks a lot like geno, has the skills but cant follow through and lead his team to victory, even when surrounded by top tier talent.
young is a skinny midget, hard pass.
levis sounds like he has the skills but has not performed well in college.

meanwhile a guy like will anderson has the potential to be the next von miller.

if we take DL and hold off on reaching for a QB, one will probably be there when we pick again

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not convinced any of the top rated QBs are going to be good.
stroud looks a lot like geno, has the skills but cant follow through and lead his team to victory, even when surrounded by top tier talent.
young is a skinny midget, hard pass.
levis sounds like he has the skills but has not performed well in college.

meanwhile a guy like will anderson has the potential to be the next von miller.

if we take DL and hold off on reaching for a QB, one will probably be there when we pick again
My question then is which top QBs did you correctly judge as top-notch talent while they were playing in college? Did you watch Mahomes in college and say that guy is great. Did you watch Jared Allen and think he's going to be really good? Herbert? We fans need to understand our limitations in judging talent coming out of college. I think it's reasonable to say that QB by far is the most crucial position to fill. Think it's likely that this may be the last top 5 pick the Seahawks have for the foreseeable future. Think it's fair to say that it's hard to land a franchise QB and the later you draft him the less likely you hit on one, the percentage goes down drastically with each round.
Listening to those who get paid to watch and judge college players entering the draft, this is supposed to be a good draft for QBs.

How would you feel if the Seahawks passed on a QB then found themselves searching for a quality QB for the next decade and turns out that a quality QB was there for the taking with that first pick?

Speaking for myself, taking a QB with the first pick is a no-brainer. It's not only the most important position but the hardest to fill and it gets harder if you wait and draft him later in the draft.