• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I want to happen, I feel bad for him

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch... I'll be surprised if he plays next week... If I was Denver, I'd shut him down for the remainder of the season... It's a good excuse to do so now...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive never seen than in the nfl, Holy hell

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooping back on the carolina game I would tell people don't shy away from maybe drafting a QB. Today in my opinion the offense looked a little vulnerable without the running game. I like Geno I think his story is great but I think in order for him to succeed in the league he will need to have all the pieces in place such as a run game, pro bowl receivers and an offensive line. Down the line we aren't going to be able to pay everyone we will need a QB that if need be we can trust to throw the ball heavily. If we expect that from Geno I think we will end up losing ball games.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This video makes it look like the draft is stacked with DT talent

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I'm off work and bored, here are some players for you guys to look for in bowl games that would be good fits with the Seahawks. The ranking next to the player is based on Dane Bugler of The Athletic's mid season top-50 draft prospects. I think he is probably the most insightful draft analyst in the industry right now.

I'm going to exclude QBs because I think the Seahawks end up extending Geno.

(1): Will Anderson Jr., Edge: Dude is a beast and is the best edge rushing talent to hit the draft in a few years. If the Broncos keep losing, there's a good chance we could land him if teams go QB heavy ahead of us. He is the best talent in a pretty loaded draft.
(2): Jalen Carter, DT: Another great fit. Plays in a 3-4 and gets off blocks with ease.
(4): Myles Murphy, Edge: Comparable talent to Travon Walker who went #1 last year.
(9): Bryan Breese, DT: He was a force at Clemson early on in his career and is another great talent.
(12): Tyree Wilson, Edge: I haven't seen him play much, but he's 6'6 270lbs and ranks second in college football with 41 QB pressures as of when the article I'm referencing as posted.
(14): Trenton Simpson, LB: He's the best off the ball linebacker in this draft and with the way Barton has played, we have a glaring need here.
(15): Joey Porter Jr., CB: I don't really see the Seahawks going for a DB in the first round, but I listed Porter here because I think you can argue he's almost as good as Kelee Ringo who is the consensus top CB in the draft. He's 6'2 200lbs and plays with the aggressive nature that Carroll likes from his CBs.
(24): Nolan Smith, Edge: I was kind of surprised to see him ranked this low, but he's got elite talent.
(25): Lukas Van Ness, Edge: Another good edge rusher. Haven't seen him play too much but I don't think that drafting Mofe last year in the second round should have us holding back from being aggressive with pass rushers.
(27): O'Cryus Torrence, OG: Highest rated interior offensive lineman in this draft. I list him here because I could see the Seahawks moving on from Gabe Jackson.
(30): Zach Harrison, Edge: Another edge rusher. The fact that there have been this many listed so highly shows how deep it is in this draft.
(31): BJ Ojulari, Edge: See above.
(34): Jared Verse, Edge: See above.
(38): Andre Carter II, Edge: Plays at Army so a bit of a wild card but once again this shows the depth of pass rushers in this draft.
(40): Siaki Ika, DT: 6'4 350lbs and impossible to move. Could be our NT of the future.

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I'm off work and bored, here are some players for you guys to look for in bowl games that would be good fits with the Seahawks. The ranking next to the player is based on Dane Bugler of The Athletic's mid season top-50 draft prospects. I think he is probably the most insightful draft analyst in the industry right now.

(9): Bryan Breese, DT: He was a force at Clemson early on in his career and is another great talent.
(12): Tyree Wilson, Edge: I haven't seen him play much, but he's 6'6 270lbs and ranks second in college football with 41 QB pressures as of when the article I'm referencing as posted.
These two guys would be decent consolations if we do decide to draft a QB or trade down from the top 5.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like kyler murray may be done for the year, can colt mccoy beat the wilsonless broncos?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be rooting for the Rams to win tonight! We can't have Detroit finish at #3 because they'll probably take Carter with Chicago taking Anderson... If the Lions did finish with the #3 pick, I could see them trading down with a team that wants to move up and grab a QB... I could see us doing the same thing if we land at #3 or #4 overall..
The Lions have a better record than like 10 other teams right now. I think their chances of finishing with a top 3 pick or even top 5 are pretty remote. Detroit has now won 5 of 6. Last 4 games are all winnable, and they have a shot at wildcard.

With Russell's head injury, I wouldn't be surprised if they shut him down with just 4 games left. #3 overall looks pretty good.

Our own pick is looking better these days as well. It probably won't be all that far out of the top 10 or 12.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cardinals-broncos game is a huge tossup at this point, but even if the broncos win that one we should still be solidly in the #3 spot.

_end_rule.png
i

1. Houston Texans (1-11-1)​

Average draft position: 1.2
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 84.9%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 99.7%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: Greater than 99.9%

i

2. Chicago Bears (3-10)​

Average draft position: 3.4
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 8.5%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 86.7%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 99.4%

i

3. Seattle Seahawks (via 3-10 DEN)​

Average draft position: 3.5
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 5.2%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 84.3%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 99.2%

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch... I'll be surprised if he plays next week... If I was Denver, I'd shut him down for the remainder of the season... It's a good excuse to do so now...

JESUS CHRIST, DUDE! Hopefully he's okay, good God!

giphy.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(1): Will Anderson Jr., Edge: Dude is a beast and is the best edge rushing talent to hit the draft in a few years. If the Broncos keep losing, there's a good chance we could land him if teams go QB heavy ahead of us. He is the best talent in a pretty loaded draft.
(2): Jalen Carter, DT: Another great fit. Plays in a 3-4 and gets off blocks with ease.
(4): Myles Murphy, Edge: Comparable talent to Travon Walker who went #1 last year.
(14): Trenton Simpson, LB: He's the best off the ball linebacker in this draft and with the way Barton has played, we have a glaring need here.
(15): Joey Porter Jr., CB: I don't really see the Seahawks going for a DB in the first round, but I listed Porter here because I think you can argue he's almost as good as Kelee Ringo who is the consensus top CB in the draft. He's 6'2 200lbs and plays with the aggressive nature that Carroll likes from his CBs.
(24): Nolan Smith, Edge: I was kind of surprised to see him ranked this low, but he's got elite talent.
(25): Lukas Van Ness, Edge: Another good edge rusher. Haven't seen him play too much but I don't think that drafting Mofe last year in the second round should have us holding back from being aggressive with pass rushers.
(27): O'Cryus Torrence, OG: Highest rated interior offensive lineman in this draft. I list him here because I could see the Seahawks moving on from Gabe Jackson.
(30): Zach Harrison, Edge: Another edge rusher. The fact that there have been this many listed so highly shows how deep it is in this draft.
(31): BJ Ojulari, Edge: See above.
(34): Jared Verse, Edge: See above.
(38): Andre Carter II, Edge: Plays at Army so a bit of a wild card but once again this shows the depth of pass rushers in this draft.
(40): Siaki Ika, DT: 6'4 350lbs and impossible to move. Could be our NT of the future.

Nice writeup 234...

I can pipe dream on drafting Carter, Murphy, and Ika with our first 3 picks, can't I? :D I know we're not getting Murphy with our 1st rounder, but at least Ika and Carter are a possibility.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have a better record than like 10 other teams right now. I think their chances of finishing with a top 3 pick or even top 5 are pretty remote. Detroit has now won 5 of 6. Last 4 games are all winnable, and they have a shot at wildcard.

With Russell's head injury, I wouldn't be surprised if they shut him down with just 4 games left. #3 overall looks pretty good.

Our own pick is looking better these days as well. It probably won't be all that far out of the top 10 or 12.
My comment was regarding the pick the Lions received from the Rams in the Stafford trade... The Rams are 4-9 so the Lions have a top 5 pick right. now... Because of the Rams win, Detroit now drafts after us...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was regarding the pick the Lions received from the Rams in the Stafford trade... The Rams are 4-9 so the Lions have a top 5 pick right. now... Because of the Rams win, Detroit now drafts after us...
Ah ok, yeah....I totally forgot about that trade. Will be interesting to see how our week 18 matchup vs Rams might affect the order. I hate rooting for my own team to lose.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the McShay-Kiper mock draft has us taking Carter at 2 and S Brian Branch at 18.

Dont know much about branch but he sounds like a jamaal adams clone with better coverage skills.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the McShay-Kiper mock draft has us taking Carter at 2 and S Brian Branch at 18.

Dont know much about branch but he sounds like a jamaal adams clone with better coverage skills.

When are these dorks gonna learn? Seattle does not take secondary with 1st rounders.... they just don't. And I don't want another fuckin' safety with our first... we already spend 2 on Jamal "can't stay healthy" Adams, and Ryan Neal has been playing great all year.

We need DL, EDGE, DL/ILB, Center. If you want to sub one of those for a QB, fine. I've seen a number of mock drafts giving us a safety, and it's annoying to no end. Because Geno is an unknown there are 3 major needs on this team. Interior OL, the ENTIRE front 7, and QB... those are all FAR more important than a fuckin' safety (and I value safeties in the NFL high).

I swear if we draft a fuckin' safety with our other 1st rounder, or CB, or RB, or WR... I'm going to lose it. We already fucked up by drafting Eskridge over Humphrey (who I wanted), please don't make that mistake again...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are these dorks gonna learn? Seattle does not take secondary with 1st rounders.... they just don't. And I don't want another fuckin' safety with our first... we already spend 2 on Jamal "can't stay healthy" Adams, and Ryan Neal has been playing great all year.

We need DL, EDGE, DL/ILB, Center. If you want to sub one of those for a QB, fine. I've seen a number of mock drafts giving us a safety, and it's annoying to no end. Because Geno is an unknown there are 3 major needs on this team. Interior OL, the ENTIRE front 7, and QB... those are all FAR more important than a fuckin' safety (and I value safeties in the NFL high).

I swear if we draft a fuckin' safety with our other 1st rounder, or CB, or RB, or WR... I'm going to lose it. We already fucked up by drafting Eskridge over Humphrey (who I wanted), please don't make that mistake again...
Glad you mentioned Eskridge. Wow, what a disappointment. Most weeks I forget he's even on the team (I am assuming he still is). I was convinced when drafted that he was going to be that guy who could run those crossers and sweeps that the Rams killed us with so often over the last handful of years. Right now, it looks like I was more wrong about that than maybe any other football take I can remember. It's either that or the Russell trade.