• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it's Stroud I'm not interested...

This teams biggest weakness is ILB, Center, and EDGE. Blythe can't run block, Barton has zero ability or reason being on the field... and Taylor is a mediocre pass rusher (thought he would be better woops) and horrible run defender.

QB is not the weak point of this team. If Smith wants some massive $30M+ contract, fine... let him walk. But he's far from the 'need to solve' situation on the team.

Barton is absolute garbage. Literally anyone we march out there next year would be better.... Blythe is also on that same page. OKAY (and I'm saying OKAY - AVERAGE) pass blocker, and one of the worst run blockings Centers in the league. And then Taylor.... somehow the talking heads fooled the fuck out of us on that one, because Taylor is the most useless EGDE players the Hawks have started in the last 50 years.

Jalen Carter, we want this monster if we can get him !

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos pick should still be #3, they have the weaker sos as of right now I believe

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos pick should still be #3, they have the weaker sos as of right now I believe
Need the Bears to win a few games to get to 2. Texans probably won't win another game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need the Bears to win a few games to get to 2. Texans probably won't win another game.
How many more games will the Broncos win? 1 maybe?

1670203622932.png

I don't see the Bears winning another game...
1670203729603.png

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we somehow have a choice between carter and Anderson, ill take carter
He’s very Donald like, be nice to have an absolute stud up front like that.. We need to get stronger at the point of attack on defense… We get pushed around too much up front ..

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s very Donald like, be nice to have an absolute stud up front like that.. We need to get stronger at the point of attack on defense… We get pushed around too much up front ..
People have been comparing Jalen to Cortez Kennedy...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a breakdown of both Anderson and Carter, I think he does a good job of it ( even if he is just a kid)

Any thoughts on the breakdown?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a breakdown of both Anderson and Carter, I think he does a good job of it ( even if he is just a kid)

That's the one knock I've seen on Anderson is his size... I don't think he fits in a 3-4 scheme or what the Hawks are looking to do. He has good football IQ/instincts but it may not translate to the next level.

The more footage I watch of the two, I'd rather have Carter just based on team needs. Seattle's DL is a major issue right now, and Carter is playing in a DE/DT/NT hybrid D.. which is exactly what Carroll/Seattle is trying to run. Harris, <insert nose tackle that we need> and Carter would allow Seattle's D to move to the next level.

That said, with Denver being abysmal and what's looking like their only winnable game being against the Rams (but it's in LA so the Rams officials will try to obviously fix that like they did today), we should have either of these guys available for us to draft... I'd be fine with either. We have needs at EDGE and DL.... but I think we need the DL help (DT/NT) more... and of course Seattle couldn't get Barton off the field today.... Will Anderson would at least help that...

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the '24 QB class looks like, but Penix is now part of it. Coming back to UW for 1 more season. Probably a good move.

I also don't know what the pro prospectus is on the TCU QB Duggan, but that dude is a baller. Ironically, TCU lost on Saturday after running the ball twice from the 1 in OT and getting stuff both times. Duggan's arm and legs got them down there, but they went away from him on the final 2 plays. It was odd because some people think you always score when you run from the 1.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the '24 QB class looks like, but Penix is now part of it. Coming back to UW for 1 more season. Probably a good move.
Cameron Ward may be part of it as well... He was only a sophomore this year so excited to see how he does next season... Should be a good apple cup

Reactions: JMR

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paraphrasing a quote seconds ago from Mike Salk on 710: "If they don't take defensive line with the first pick they're getting from the Broncos, they're doing a disservice to their team."

It's not that Salk is a draft expert or always has the correct opinions, but he nailed it here.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pretty good take, goes into the negatives more so than I really see anywhere else. the music I could do without though.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also don't know what the pro prospectus is on the TCU QB Duggan, but that dude is a baller. Ironically, TCU lost on Saturday after running the ball twice from the 1 in OT and getting stuff both times. Duggan's arm and legs got them down there, but they went away from him on the final 2 plays. It was odd because some people think you always score when you run from the 1.
a lot of hype surrounding the kid from USC, some people are saying he is better than anyone in the 2023 class.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Cougs playing Fresno St in the Jimmy Kimmel (Can't stand that guy... Hate even saying his name) LA Bowl, keep on eye on not only Cameron Ward but the Fresno St QB, Jake Haener... If the Hawks were to take a QB this season, this is the guy I'd prefer over anyone else in the draft (Considering where we would draft him vs other QB's)...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Cougs playing Fresno St in the Jimmy Kimmel (Can't stand that guy... Hate even saying his name) LA Bowl, keep on eye on not only Cameron Ward but the Fresno St QB, Jake Haener... If the Hawks were to take a QB this season, this is the guy I'd prefer over anyone else in the draft (Considering where we would draft him vs other QB's)...

did you bring this guy up just because he is a former Dawg? Be honest now. He is a very accurate passer though. I don't like QB's that are 6 foot 1 or shorter myself.