• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off CowboyB
Too funny.

That poor chode had like 20k posts in a matter of a year or so. All that hard trolling just vanished like a fart in the wind. You've made the hoop a better place.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO... Spot on for Brady. Rodgers could do it, but I don't know if he'd have the passion for it like Romo.

Agree. The injury Romo suffered and Dak surprising all could be the best thing for Tony. He was forced out of the game before the batch of current great QB's was, so he got first shot at the prime jobs. Figure over the next 3-5 years we will see Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rogers, and Eli retire and look for that post NFL job. Commentator or studio guy is the most logical immediate step.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny.

That poor chode had like 20k posts in a matter of a year or so. All that hard trolling just vanished like a fart in the wind. You've made the hoop a better place.

Wish I could take credit, but I can't. That was the lead dog himself that tossed CowboyB out, I had learned to just avoid reading his posts.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The injury Romo suffered and Dak surprising all could be the best thing for Tony. He was forced out of the game before the batch of current great QB's was, so he got first shot at the prime jobs. Figure over the next 3-5 years we will see Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rogers, and Eli retire and look for that post NFL job. Commentator or studio guy is the most logical immediate step.
I'd swap out Rodgers with Roethlisberger. Rodgers is 33 years old & will outlast all those guys. Brady 40, Brees 38, Manning 36, Rivers 35, Roethlisberger 35. I think the '04 class is on the way out, for different reasons. Ben simply wants to retire healthy, Rivers is a tad bit disgruntled, and Manning simply rarely plays at a high level. No clue why the Giants seem married to the guy when he continuously shits the bed. They can blame the O-line all they want, but Eli has been this way for years. Brady & Brees still playing at a high level makes you wonder how much longer they'll keep going. Neither needs the money.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find I barely notice him since I skip between plays while he's flapping his gums. (recorded)

But I've noticed he seems a bit long winded, if informative.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done just fine so far. I'm sure he'll find his niche and all will be well.

Sweets

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as Eli "bobblehead" Manning stays home and keeps quiet...the NFL will be alright.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his insights. His call of the bootleg on the 4th and inches was pretty impressive particularly after he pointed to Cobb diving into the middle as proof that it would be a bootleg.

He's still pretty raw as a general color guy though. He sounds like a fan a little too much. That will get tiring week after week. But my guess is he'll get better.

If he improves that, I can see him being nabbed by MNF or SNF if Collinsworth leaves.
Well said, I was trying to come up with words to describe him. This is spot on. He gets a little excited. Toward the end of the game or half I don't really recall which I was dozing in and out.He was getting all excited "call a time out, now call a time out, call a time out".
He seems to diagnose Ds better from the booth than he did on the field:dhd:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could take credit, but I can't. That was the lead dog himself that tossed CowboyB out, I had learned to just avoid reading his posts.

I mostly skipped anything that he typed. He never got under my skin but every time I read something of his it was pure troll.

I missed the last step before falling off the edge. What and where did it happen? Or was it just an accumulation of nothing more than troll?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd swap out Rodgers with Roethlisberger. Rodgers is 33 years old & will outlast all those guys. Brady 40, Brees 38, Manning 36, Rivers 35, Roethlisberger 35. I think the '04 class is on the way out, for different reasons. Ben simply wants to retire healthy, Rivers is a tad bit disgruntled, and Manning simply rarely plays at a high level. No clue why the Giants seem married to the guy when he continuously shits the bed. They can blame the O-line all they want, but Eli has been this way for years. Brady & Brees still playing at a high level makes you wonder how much longer they'll keep going. Neither needs the money.

They are my two FF QBs. Brady got me 45 points last week. Shit the bed the first week though.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL's gonna be hurtin' when those guys retire, gonna lose a lot of star power. Personally, I think losing a high-profile guy like Manning may have had something to do with the ratings decline last year. I wonder if any of them would go into coaching, maybe at the college level.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL's gonna be hurtin' when those guys retire, gonna lose a lot of star power. Personally, I think losing a high-profile guy like Manning may have had something to do with the ratings decline last year. I wonder if any of them would go into coaching, maybe at the college level.
That's a good point about the star power. I have my doubts on the coaching angle, though. It's pretty rare for big name starting QB's, especially ones with rings, to step into coaching. Most QB's that become coaches were the guys holding the clipboard as players. Broadcasting is more likely for most. I could see Brees and Rivers in that capacity for sure. Maybe Big Ben. Not sure if Manning would be. Brady can just walk off into the HOF and live a great life although I could envision him as an owner some day.

Sexual Chocolate

That Boy Good
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much easier listening to Romo compare to watching him play.

Im glad you said that. I was thinking the same but didn't want to say it. ( as a bears fan not much I can say)

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an asshat so your opinion doesn't really matter.

BOOM

fat stacks bitch
It's kind if nice hanging out in your head. There's a ton of open space to hang out and relax. I think I'll stay a while.