• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that is kind of a learning curve type of thing, isn't it? It takes a little time to get on the same page. Hopefully Nance isn't an ass about it and tries to help. They seemed to be enjoying it last night. It will take Jim Nance time to adjust to Romo too. He's been alongside Simms for a very long time.

Exactly, that was Boomers' take, and Boomer has worked many booths and still does, he expects that to improve over time

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry you can always go back to Emmitt broadcasting gold if you need a good laugh. :pound:

True...and I don't watch pregame shows so I can't soak up Irvin's knowledge as well

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his insights. His call of the bootleg on the 4th and inches was pretty impressive particularly after he pointed to Cobb diving into the middle as proof that it would be a bootleg.

He's still pretty raw as a general color guy though. He sounds like a fan a little too much. That will get tiring week after week. But my guess is he'll get better.

If he improves that, I can see him being nabbed by MNF or SNF if Collinsworth leaves.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his insights. His call of the bootleg on the 4th and inches was pretty impressive particularly after he pointed to Cobb diving into the middle as proof that it would be a bootleg.

He's still pretty raw as a general color guy though. He sounds like a fan a little too much. That will get tiring week after week. But my guess is he'll get better.

If he improves that, I can see him being nabbed by MNF or SNF if Collinsworth leaves.
Yeah, I loved that call and he pointed out that a veteran middle linebacker would have caught that alignment and would have let the DE know to stay outside on it.
I would think Gruden is locked in to MNF for the long term, isn't he? I don't know about Collinsworth. I don't really follow what these guys do or think. I think Tony would be good alongside Al Michaels. Al has always loved the guy.
As for the fan thing. A lot of guys do that. Collinsworth actually does it quite often and it hasn't hurt him any.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I loved that call and he pointed out that a veteran middle linebacker would have caught that alignment and would have let the DE know to stay outside on it.
I would think Gruden is locked in to MNF for the long term, isn't he? I don't know about Collinsworth. I don't really follow what these guys do or think. I think Tony would be good alongside Al Michaels. Al has always loved the guy.
As for the fan thing. A lot of guys do that. Collinsworth actually does it quite often and it hasn't hurt him any.

It's ok to be a fan to some degree. It just can't be all the time. Sounds a little unprofessional and makes viewers think the announcer has a bias.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok to be a fan to some degree. It just can't be all the time. Sounds a little unprofessional and makes viewers think the announcer has a bias.

Collinsworth is decidedly anti-Dallas, so I dislike him. Troy tries not to be biased so he's harder on Dallas than most others, so that's annoying. Irvin is a homer and that too is annoying.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Romo can call out the tempo of the offense almost play for play. Even tells us exactly what the defense is going to do based off of players in the backend motioning to each other. Pretty damn cool, but I must admit his commentary can get a little tiring. But I think he's still getting used to the gig and will get better. Right now he sounds like a kid at a toy store on his birthday.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And John Gruden.
aaron%2Brodgers.%2Bjohn%2Bgruden.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The horse's ass has spoken!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Romo can call out the tempo of the offense almost play for play. Even tells us exactly what the defense is going to do based off of players in the backend motioning to each other. Pretty damn cool, but I must admit his commentary can get a little tiring. But I think he's still getting used to the gig and will get better. Right now he sounds like a kid at a toy store on his birthday.

Yup he will get the role figured out. I think the same thing could happen for A-Aron when he retires. These crafty old QB's who can see what is going on in real time and break it down. Brady could do the same but he won't go to the booth. He will retire to spend time as an Uggs model and part time carnival dance instructor.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a bit over the top with the talking, but I think that will improve with time. One things for sure, he knows the game. I could see him as a coach in the future.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup he will get the role figured out. I think the same thing could happen for A-Aron when he retires. These crafty old QB's who can see what is going on in real time and break it down. Brady could do the same but he won't go to the booth. He will retire to spend time as an Uggs model and part time carnival dance instructor.
LMAO... Spot on for Brady. Rodgers could do it, but I don't know if he'd have the passion for it like Romo.