• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo the Choke Artist?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice call, but you really cant say a guy choked if he wasn't on the field. Kinda like blaming Bill Clinton for 9/11. :)

Clinton was in office the last time the Skids won the division prior to last year right? :laugh3: At that rate Chelsea will be the Prez next time the Skids win the division again :think:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well hell he gets blamed for others mistakes. (he is always gonna be blamed) At least if he is getting blamed for his own mistakes. he can fix them.

Schmoop.. I for one dont blame him for the rest of the teams mistakes. Only his own. But fact is, at 32 most of us are pretty set in our ways. if it was easy to coach out bad habits, Rex Grossman would still be starting in DC. Jerry Jones would have hired a GM by now, and Lindsey Lohan wouldnt STILL be getting in trouble for drinking and doing other stupid shit. Im not saying Romo is a bum. But he buys into the Brett Favre comparisons, which I think gets him into alot of trouble. I agree he needs more help, both on the offensive line and on the defensive side of the ball. But when the owner pays a guy like a top three QB in the league, he wont be given any slack. If Dallas doesn't win the division, Garrett gets fired, and Romo takes the rest of the blame. thats just the reality of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clinton was in office the last time the Skids won the division prior to last year right? :laugh3: At that rate Chelsea will be the Prez next time the Skids win the division again :think:

Some how, I smell a bet you will lose in there some place. LOL

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is who he is, have to take the good with the bad, it is the Organization responsibility to take some of the pressure off of him by improving the oline, running game, and defense around him. Romo is not too bad for a guy that was undrafted now pressure is when a franchise trade away their future for you, just saying :whistle:

I remember Cowboys fans clamoring over "13 PRO BOWLERS!!!!" in 2007-08. How'd that season end?

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice call, but you really cant say a guy choked if he wasn't on the field. Kinda like blaming Bill Clinton for 9/11. :)

I never said he choked. Just ribbing you.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how Romo does this year. But as I have said before... if Dallas loses games due to his mistakes... he will get raked over the coals by most, and made excuses for by others. It is what it is. Aside from the paycheck, I would not want to be in his shoes this year.

You wouldn't want to be the QB of the Dallas Cowboys?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't want to be the QB of the Dallas Cowboys?

His paycheck sure. The expectations on him right now?? Not on your life.

And for the record, I would rather be a Waterboy on the Skins scout team than a starter in Dallas.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoop.. I for one dont blame him for the rest of the teams mistakes. Only his own. But fact is, at 32 most of us are pretty set in our ways. if it was easy to coach out bad habits, Rex Grossman would still be starting in DC. Jerry Jones would have hired a GM by now, and Lindsey Lohan wouldnt STILL be getting in trouble for drinking and doing other stupid shit. Im not saying Romo is a bum. But he buys into the Brett Favre comparisons, which I think gets him into alot of trouble. I agree he needs more help, both on the offensive line and on the defensive side of the ball. But when the owner pays a guy like a top three QB in the league, he wont be given any slack. If Dallas doesn't win the division, Garrett gets fired, and Romo takes the rest of the blame. thats just the reality of it.
oh I am not disagreeing he will be blamed. The Cowboys can go 15-1, & the one loss give up 55 points & Romo will get blamed. That is the nature of being a Cowboy QB. throw in a huge Contract & that only gets the buzzards flying around even quicker. if he doesn't throw any INTs the 1st couple games, they will talk trash about his incompletions LOL. I have no illusions about him taking the blame.
BTW you cant use Rex as a comparison. he had no good habits to counter the bad. & it wasn't nice of you to throw Jerry in our faces. We have feelings too. :bawling:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And for the record, I would rather be a Waterboy on the Skins scout team than a starter in Dallas.

The way Jerry runs his team most who weren't already cowboy's fans would put them a bit down the list (money makes up for it). There's not a lot of consistency and you know Jerry can't put together a team and won't let someone else help.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit.. I found a banned word. LOL

****o

Yup, there are two that I know of. the corrected version of "pron" and one that I found because a Ranger minor leaguer has a name that starts with the 4 letters and is a HIGHLY racist term that just got paula deen in trouble.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how, I smell a bet you will lose in there some place. LOL

Avy bets are big here on the hoop. Still no way to enforce them, but you will see a lot of them during CFB and NFL season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For some reason I smell BS. I have often said that if I was a draftable player and the Redskins took me I sit out a year. Truth is I'd most likely sign with absolutely no intentions of resigning.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I smell BS. I have often said that if I was a draftable player and the Redskins took me I sit out a year. Truth is I'd most likely sign with absolutely no intentions of resigning.

Yea you are probably right, Id play out my rookie contract if I had been good enough to get drafted by any team.

But I stand by what i said. I would NOT want to be in Romo's shoes this year. Not only does he have to contend with the idea that he is a choke artist.. but with the big extention comes the even bigger expectations. I dont envy him his position. Tony is a nice guy, and talented in his own right. I even met him once and if he wasnt the Cowboys QB, I could even see sharing a beer with him. But I would not want to be in his particular position right now despite the money.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This past year against the skins final game is the first time I thought Romo choked,

I mean I have seen the O-line just fucking suck (Vikes)
Man hasn't had a running game since the 13-3 season ...
and defense in shambles....
Was Marino a choke artist?

It's a team game

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Romo is who he is. He is a QB that can make all the NFL throws and is elusive in the pocket and athletic enough to make the plays. He can be as good as anyone when he gets it going, but that tends to be in situations where there is not much to lose or pressure (i.e., when he is behind and not expected to win) or against the Eagles at Cowboy's Stadium. The NFL knows that when it is a do or die game (check his record in those games either 1-7 or 1-8 I believe) and you pressure him he makes mistakes. In regular season games, you can play a game to just wait and see if he makes a mistake because he pushes the issue. He is the reason Dallas is 8-8 or 9-7. He wins games but loses them as well. We shall see if he ever can pull them out in key situations or play at a high level against the best competition and when all is on the line. I will be cheering for him, but I just don't know. To make matters worse, the GM has given him a bad o-line and some outstanding receivers and a pass happy coach that in Jerrah's words play to his strength or is Romo friendly, but from my point of view enable him. He might just be who he is....one of the highest regular season rated QBs in the history of the NFL who plays great when it looks like he is going to lose and never gives up, but who can't get it together otherwise.:gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo gets a lot of love due to his fantasy football value.

But fantasy football is not real football. Romo makes to many forced throws and is prone to just stupid mistakes. He has done less with more than most QBs could ever think of. With the talent Dallas has had a solid QB would have pushed them past the Giants in the East.

Well alot of his mistakes have to do with having no offensive line help.:omg:

I can make it to the gate in 2.6 seconds can you?

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he gets a 10 yr contract with Dallas.......:suds:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Glassford working out for the Lambs? :what: He couldn't even get the best WR in the NFL double digit touch downs. A Lamb fan with a opinion, too funny...:laugh

Since the post was about Romo I thought I would stay on topic and not try to misdirect the facts.

If I want to post about Stafford I would, and unlike a koolaid drinking homer I would offer up enough true criticism.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well alot of his mistakes have to do with having no offensive line help.:omg:

I can make it to the gate in 2.6 seconds can you?

I disagree. He makes bad decisions, time and time again. Poor line play may make him make those bad decisions more quickly, but I believe he would be talked about in a similar light if his entire line was pro bowlers. He makes bad decisions when there isn't pressure, too.