• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo the Choke Artist?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any Qb in the league that wouldn't get happy feet if they were hit as much as Romo was. MAYBE Aaron Rogers wouldn't... but let him get hit as much as he was last year for a few years and he will.
Even the great Tom Brady makes mistakes when you put pressure in his face.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any Qb in the league that wouldn't get happy feet if they were hit as much as Romo was. MAYBE Aaron Rogers wouldn't... but let him get hit as much as he was last year for a few years and he will.
Even the great Tom Brady makes mistakes when you put pressure in his face.

See the 2 Super Bowl losses.

Also, say what you will about Romo, he is tough son of a bitch. He gets his ass kicked every single game and rarely misses time unless it's a serious injury.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the 2 Super Bowl losses.

Also, say what you will about Romo, he is tough son of a bitch. He gets his ass kicked every single game and rarely misses time unless it's a serious injury.

That's the damn truth .... I broke my sternum in a car wreck when I was 25..... I had to eat pain pills for a year to breath..... Can't imagine playing football much less taking the hits Romo did with that injury. Not to mention come back in a game with no protection and pull off a comeback vs SanFrans defense.

Some might question his decision making.... but anyone that questions his heart or toughness is a frigging idiot.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He makes bad decisions, time and time again. Poor line play may make him make those bad decisions more quickly, but I believe he would be talked about in a similar light if his entire line was pro bowlers. He makes bad decisions when there isn't pressure, too.
You disagree, but you are wrong. Most of Romo's mistakes come when he HAS to get rid of the ball NOW or when he just made an amazing escape from a DE. Oddly though is many of his greatest plays also come after an amazing escape from a DE.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You disagree, but you are wrong. Most of Romo's mistakes come when he HAS to get rid of the ball NOW or when he just made an amazing escape from a DE. Oddly though is many of his greatest plays also come after an amazing escape from a DE.

I also think a lot of it comes down to how people view it. Some people see, oh Romo threw an INT, what a fuckup. What they don't see is Dez ran the wrong route. Oh, Romo fumbled on the goal line, what a fuckup. Why is Romo running it on the goal line when we have a fresh runningback ready to go? Wow Romo got sacked 6 times in that game, what a fuckup. Romo should've been sacked 26 times in that game but made plays out of nothing.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think a lot of it comes down to how people view it. Some people see, oh Romo threw an INT, what a fuckup. What they don't see is Dez ran the wrong route. Oh, Romo fumbled on the goal line, what a fuckup. Why is Romo running it on the goal line when we have a fresh runningback ready to go? Wow Romo got sacked 6 times in that game, what a fuckup. Romo should've been sacked 26 times in that game but made plays out of nothing.
you will never convince those that want Romo to be bad that he isn't bad. they have tunnelvision N_M

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo was cursed the second he fumbled the snap during the playoff game against Seattle. There was the Red Sox curse, the Cubs curse and now the Romo curse.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo was cursed the second he fumbled the snap during the playoff game against Seattle. There was the Red Sox curse, the Cubs curse and now the Romo curse.

I'll say it again though, he had absolutely no business holding there. I get it, he started the year as the backup QB and held for kicks, the second he became starter that should've ended. Get a punter, random castoff receiver, whoever.