• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tons of crying and bitching on here

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and other phils related forums in general. can't say i'm surprised. knew it was still coming despite the phils doing the right thing and nearly everything fans want.

- eflin was a steal for rollins and lively was a nice swap for byrd.

- franco is starting at 3rd and asche moved so he can also play.

- herrera has received a decent amount of AB.

- hernandez is in the process of taking over 2nd.

- galvis is/was given a chance to play every day.

- the pen is filled with a lot of younger arms.

- the phils stopped spending (wasting) money.

- they are patiently holding hamels for the best deal.

- crawford and nola were huge scores in the last 2 drafts. both have moved along properly.

and the list can keep going. all i see though is WAHHHHHHHHHH!

fans wanted the young players to play, but now complain when they suck.

fans wanted the rebuild to start, but now complain about the losses.

fans want ruf to be some kind of superstar, when in reality he's a 29 year old bench player. the same guy they would be crying about in a few years that he's too old.

a young arm in gonzalez comes up to start and gets hit a bit, WAAHHHHHHH! so they sign a crap vet in correia, WAAAHHHHHH! as david carroll would say.. "what do you want *****? what is it you want?"

reminds me of when the dom brown for jose bautista rumor popped up at the end of 2013, and the majority of phils fans were like "no way!" some people never know what they want, because they never know what they are actually talking about.

franco, nola and crawford were the phils big 3 coming into the year. franco has been awesome at the MLB level. nola is the best we've seen since hamels. crawford plays well beyond his age. you couldn't ask for anything more out of that.

a new, experienced, well respected man is set to take over for the future. amaro will be gone (at least from anything of importance.) everything will be more on the new school, cutting edge side of things.

the team is aggressively trying to get bats, which is the correct way to go as they are becoming more valuable by the day. they are going to hit a great pick for next year's draft.

if one can't follow any of these things or can't understand what is going on, how can one continually criticize what is going on behind closed doors between professionals? that's classic sports for you.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3-year slide has been brutal as we've watched aging players decline and the FO put saps on the field to fill in. So fans have gotten used to whining and complaining because we're human and want to win. You know how it goes - "Get that asshole outta there." Most of what you say is valid but impatience is difficult to stifle even though we all realize the rebuild won't get done over night.

But there are only two choices here. Either stop watching Phillies games completely or watch the pitiful play and complain about the results, fully understanding, of course, that there is light at the end of the tunnel in CBP. All of the sudden, one of these years, it will all come together, Phils will start winning and contending, fans will complain less, and normal attendance will be restored. P.S. God damn it, I hate tonight's lineup, why doesn't Pete bench freakin Howard and play Ruf, and get that frenchy outta there and brown sucks! There, I got it out of my system.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recent draft success is not due to Amaro. He gets no credit for that. I will give him credit for Byrd. No matter how you cut it Montgomery and Amaro ran this organization into the ground. All the Phillies owners became complacent and did not speak out, leaving the fans in the dark. We have the worst starting pitching staff in the majors. Trading Rollins was a good thing. Giving Brown and Howard tons of playing time is a negative. The Philles
tried to trade Brown and there was not one team interested. Sometimes it is what you do with what you got! This Amaro run regime makes things worse than they have to be. Remember we had a payroll of 186 million dollars and still put a losing team on the field the last 3 years. The refusal to use metrics in analyzing players has been old school and foolhardy. This is sicko Amaros fault entirely. Despite of the positives that you point out "PhiLLies,
the negatives outweigh them!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have all recognized what you've stated _phillies_. Apparently you have not been on here on a consistent enough basis to see the posts that recognize the progress you've listed. However as jvett and Northeast have often chronicled, the bad is so pervasive to smother much of the positive that is occurring because of nearly one prevailing influence that has done everything in his power to slow the progress way down when it doesn't have to be. WE all recognize that the rebuild could further ahead if not for the actions of this one braindead dolt. If it is so positive as you state, why did Sandberg quit?

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh just stop! You could be a Padres fan like me. We spend major $$$$ in the off-season and we still suck.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a huge thing i forgot to mention in my initial post. yes, amaro is an idiot. but to think he "destroyed" the franchise and/or he's the only one making decisions is just.. wow. i mean come on, people can't be this foolish.

he helped do a respectable job acquiring some pieces. it's not his, or anyone's fault that the best pitcher in the world was forced to retire. or that lee suddenly had problems. or that utley developed a condition. or that howard had a freak injury. we once had a rotation of halladay/lee/oswalt/hamels. that's amaro's fault we lost? right.

now, the bad contracts/extensions and the delay of the rebuild are things that i'm sure he greatly influenced. but all these decisions, the direction of the club.. there are many people behind the scenes who have to approve and sign off on these things. to think amaro can just give out a 30, 60, 100 million dollar contract by himself without approval and reasoning from multiple sources is absurd. same thing with all trades and signings.

and just like if you want any trade value out of guys like howard or brown, you have to play them. but then again, lets go back to the bullshit. crying that the phils initially wouldn't play brown. then crying that he's a bust. then jocking the shit out of him because he was bombing homers. then right back to calling him a bust. and, finally, crying again because he's getting playing time. how many fucking cycles of emotional fandom are going to continue with this guy? if he caught fire right now like he did in 2013, everyone would be riding his sack again.

it's like.. just get over it. we're getting a great draft pick and starting over. deal with the down time like every fan of every sport has to. sixers fans are enjoying the build. phils fans act like we're fucking royalty or something. from crying "we're philly, we'll never win" to "a losing season is unacceptable!" in less than a decade. unreal.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again _phillies_ we have discussed most of this and the regulars all agree that this mess STARTS at the feet of the owner.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh just stop! You could be a Padres fan like me. We spend major $$$$ in the off-season and we still suck.
Your team does it better than anyone else. Be proud.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a huge thing i forgot to mention in my initial post. yes, amaro is an idiot. but to think he "destroyed" the franchise and/or he's the only one making decisions is just.. wow. i mean come on, people can't be this foolish.

he helped do a respectable job acquiring some pieces. it's not his, or anyone's fault that the best pitcher in the world was forced to retire. or that lee suddenly had problems. or that utley developed a condition. or that howard had a freak injury. we once had a rotation of halladay/lee/oswalt/hamels. that's amaro's fault we lost? right.

now, the bad contracts/extensions and the delay of the rebuild are things that i'm sure he greatly influenced. but all these decisions, the direction of the club.. there are many people behind the scenes who have to approve and sign off on these things. to think amaro can just give out a 30, 60, 100 million dollar contract by himself without approval and reasoning from multiple sources is absurd. same thing with all trades and signings.

and just like if you want any trade value out of guys like howard or brown, you have to play them. but then again, lets go back to the bullshit. crying that the phils initially wouldn't play brown. then crying that he's a bust. then jocking the shit out of him because he was bombing homers. then right back to calling him a bust. and, finally, crying again because he's getting playing time. how many fucking cycles of emotional fandom are going to continue with this guy? if he caught fire right now like he did in 2013, everyone would be riding his sack again.

it's like.. just get over it. we're getting a great draft pick and starting over. deal with the down time like every fan of every sport has to. sixers fans are enjoying the build. phils fans act like we're fucking royalty or something. from crying "we're philly, we'll never win" to "a losing season is unacceptable!" in less than a decade. unreal.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just how well have the pitching problems been addressed "PhiLLies? How can you ignore the facts?
I will continue to cry until Amaro is gone. I am not looking for perfection, just improvement in the way decisions are made!

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, all that to play .463. Someone in the FO might be brain dead.:D
We knew ahead of time that we were buying offensive fire power at the expense of defense. Only problem, Kemp is batting in the .250s (Dodger fans are laughing their arses off at us). Upton is doing pretty good, but he's on a one-year contract and the Pads might trade him to get something of value this year instead of him walking at year's end and basically getting squat. Padres' ownership for years has done a horrible job of developing our farm system, and in fact, we traded a couple of prize prospects this year to get our off season vets. Hope springs eternal for Pads fans.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's like.. just get over it. we're getting a great draft pick and starting over. deal with the down time like every fan of every sport has to.

What, fans shouldn't complain and do second guessing and Monday morning QBing? Imagine the crying and whining you'll hear in the Fall if Chip's "brilliant" moves turn the Eagles to garbage. Fans must let it be known when they see leadership make stupid moves that better, competing organizations would be embarrassed to make. Like, the Pence affair, failing to platoon seriously declining older players (regardless of $), signing absolute slugs who become available when youth riding buses on the farm could be given an opportunity. OK. We'll all be quiet if that makes you feel better. Actually, I think you're taking a lot of comments and criticisms too seriously. It's all fandom BS and we like the back and forth.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of 2012, it was clearly evident that the Phillies window was nearly shut and it was time to 'reload'. Many of the Post 08 fans would have been upset but it would of been in the best interest of the franchise.