• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tonight's Lineup Sucks

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The backend - slumping Brownie, Kayberry, slumping Asche, pitcher = four zeroes in a row. Maybe we'll win with the top five. All the while Revere gets rustier on the bench. I hope I'm dead wrong.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rollins, Howard, and Byrd made sure they kept them company. Asche has two hits, though.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been looking like a team that's trying to lose 90 games. Although Revere was sick today, I think the Phillies need him leading off. His OBP should improve if he plays everyday. Last year his BA continued to improve. There's no one to replace Revere in the long run. That's how I see it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just the point jvett. Rhino keeps changing the line-up and numbnuts has painted himself into a corner-again-to the point of having no options available. We are headed in the 90-loss direction for sure.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been looking like a team that's trying to lose 90 games. Although Revere was sick today, I think the Phillies need him leading off. His OBP should improve if he plays everyday. Last year his BA continued to improve. There's no one to replace Revere in the long run. That's how I see it.

I didn't realize Revere was sick. I was wondering why Mayberry was in the lineup against a RH starter.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just the point jvett. Rhino keeps changing the line-up and numbnuts has painted himself into a corner-again-to the point of having no options available. We are headed in the 90-loss direction for sure.

But didn't we want the new breed of minor league wunderkinds up here? If they were performing this year along with the core that's doing well, we'd have some more wins, right?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But didn't we want the new breed of minor league wunderkinds up here? If they were performing this year along with the core that's doing well, we'd have some more wins, right?

No question about that. But guys like Ruf have been jerked around by Amaro. They bring up Hernandez and use him as a pinch hitter. When you bring up a player he should start and play a full game in his 1st appearance. Then he can be used as needed. Our minor league system is weak at best. Franco is the best prospect we have but he will rot in the minors until he is 25 yrs old. Unless he hits around .360 in the minors then he might get a call up. Asche still has a chance to come around since he is learning how to hit in the majors. Dom Brown is a major fail as of now and he should be demoted when Ruf is ready to go.IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprise that Asche has taken such a downturn after an initial splash of brilliance. I think he just needs Rhino to have some confidence in him. Pencil him as the starter at third and leave it that way for awhile. Platooning is not helping Asche.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question about that. But guys like Ruf have been jerked around by Amaro. They bring up Hernandez and use him as a pinch hitter. When you bring up a player he should start and play a full game in his 1st appearance. Then he can be used as needed. Our minor league system is weak at best. Franco is the best prospect we have but he will rot in the minors until he is 25 yrs old. Unless he hits around .360 in the minors then he might get a call up. Asche still has a chance to come around since he is learning how to hit in the majors. Dom Brown is a major fail as of now and he should be demoted when Ruf is ready to go.IMO.

not true. Ruf has had many opportunities to show what he can do since he had that great year when he combined for 51 HR's. amaro sucks, but no reason to blame him for everything. A good young player will just go on the field and just do it! People still blame amaro for "jerking" dom brown around as if he hasn't gotten his chamce.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not true. Ruf has had many opportunities to show what he can do since he had that great year when he combined for 51 HR's. amaro sucks, but no reason to blame him for everything. A good young player will just go on the field and just do it! People still blame amaro for "jerking" dom brown around as if he hasn't gotten his chamce.

I'd say a career .838 OPS warrants a further look in the big leagues. People act like he had a bad year because he hit .247. Who gives a shit about batting average when his OBP was .348? Ruf should start semi-regularly this year.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean who would produce better, Revere or Ruf? Or even Ruf or Dom? I think the answer is obvious. Ruf's power plus patience at the plate make him a huge threat at CPB

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all Amaro destroyed Rufs confidence when he signed Delmon Young to start in right field last year. Young is a poor fielder with a low obp. Ruf should have been given the Job from the beginning. Second of all Ruf had his spring training cut short just when he was starting to hit and after a dramatic walk off homerun. Both must have had a negative impact. Amaro sends him down with no chance of starting the season in Philly. I don't blame Amaro for Dom Brown at all. I think Dom has mental and focus issues. Amaro made a mistake by not getting at least one middle reliever with reliable stats. Amaro has made a few good moves but not enough to avoid the critics. IMO.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all Amaro destroyed Rufs confidence when he signed Delmon Young to start in right field last year. Young is a poor fielder with a low obp. Ruf should have been given the Job from the beginning. Second of all Ruf had his spring training cut short just when he was starting to hit and after a dramatic walk off homerun. Both must have had a negative impact. Amaro sends him down with no chance of starting the season in Philly. I don't blame Amaro for Dom Brown at all. I think Dom has mental and focus issues. Amaro made a mistake by not getting at least one middle reliever with reliable stats. Amaro has made a few good moves but not enough to avoid the critics. IMO.

I agree. I don't know so much about Brown's focus problems. I think his mechanics and mainly his confidence is fucked up. He still has decent approaches at the plate. His swing is just so damn long right now