• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tonight was another example(regarding Cuse)

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting and I respect your perspective...need a little expansion on how "that zone sometimes affords teams like NC ST and opportunity to play a tight contest"{.As I stated above; had Syracuse lost to Pitt and NC St., I suspect those losses this late in the year, would have put them in the 8-10 range. They didn't lose, so if they lose to Duke and Virginia, IMO they still are out of the top 5. I'm wondering what we will be saying a week from now. I agree that one loss still keeps them in a NR1 seed...not so sure about two losses.

At Pitt they played the shot clock down to 987...321 all night, it slows them down, limits shot selection, makes them find the loophole. Basically gives Cuse a chance even with a shitty offensive performance while the opponent takes time to figure the zone out, and when they finally do the zone shuts off that hole and the team need to go somewhere else. JBs zone is crazy with how it adapts to any given extended offensive situation by the opposing team.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting and I respect your perspective...need a little expansion on how "that zone sometimes affords teams like NC ST and opportunity to play a tight contest"{.As I stated above; had Syracuse lost to Pitt and NC St., I suspect those losses this late in the year, would have put them in the 8-10 range. They didn't lose, so if they lose to Duke and Virginia, IMO they still are out of the top 5. I'm wondering what we will be saying a week from now. I agree that one loss still keeps them in a NR1 seed...not so sure about two losses.

Runeman,

The zone affords average teams to stay in games with tempo slowed, opportune rebounding, and having shots fall. Syracuse plays a different zone than the standard 2-3. It works like a sumbitch. But a team that is pretty good like NC State can play a little better than usual at times. Like when a 5-star is shooting bad or giving up turnovers, they let a 3-star player rise to a 5-star level. That's what I'm trying to explain. Although I'm not as proficient with my word skills tonight after a few drinks.:gaah: The Cuse has gone this far without a loss with a pretty hard schedule. That's why I don't see them falling out of the Top 4 even with two losses at this point. Sorry I'm having a brain fart trying to explain it.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last para; if you split...I call that a win. That said, I'm surprised that you indicated the players are simply too tired to perform. IMO, lots of teams do just fine with 6 players and when your defense is zone, that's a good thing. At any rate, Keita will be back and we will then see if the team responds.

The way they shot the ball screamed of some sort of fatigue, either physical or mental. It just didn't appear Fair had his legs under him. They came out like they just got off the plane a few hours before the game (NC state).

Probably was just all mental as I think about it, otherwise your right they shouldn't be physically out of tune for the most part.

I'd love a split with those upcoming games, hopefully at Duke! Either way it'll should what we are made of.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doogie; Cool...good stuff guys...still have to think about that zone some as to how it allows good, not excellent teams, to hang in. I will be watching closer next week to see what you are describing. Next week is a big week for both Duke and the Cuse...probably bigger for Duke as that Schedule is a killer. Thanks for the info....

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse offense is just plain pathetic. Go inside and press some to speed the game up. Some ugly looking shots versus B.C. Play like this versus Duke and it will get ugly.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse offense is just plain pathetic. Go inside and press some to speed the game up. Some ugly looking shots versus B.C. Play like this versus Duke and it will get ugly.

Doesn't matter. Just like my Bearcats, they make teams play down to their offensive level. So, if a team normally averages 75 a game, they'll now be lucky to score 60.

When you have that great of a D it's ok if your offense stinks.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. Just like my Bearcats, they make teams play down to their offensive level. So, if a team normally averages 75 a game, they'll now be lucky to score 60.

No it isnt. Tournament time that cant happen. 220th ranked in offense wont get it done. Has to be better.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ahhh now i understand why you think the bearcats have a chance at the NC. Makes sense now

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh now i understand why you think the bearcats have a chance at the NC. Makes sense now

UC scored 77 tonight and held a 75 point average team to 49. I'm pretty sure we're fine.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UC scored 77 tonight and held a 75 point average team to 49. I'm pretty sure we're fine.

that's like me saying I am impressed with a win against USC. Just kidding, UCF is 40 spots below USC in the RPI.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincy's defense is really good no doubt.

Just don't use UCF as a talking point. They suck.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could use almost any game they've played as a talking point.

which is why we won't take you seriously. You have 3 "impressive" wins. Pitt isn't very good, you should know that by now if you've been watching them. SMU? yikes. @memphis, good win. @ louisville, very good win. Uconn, good win.

nothing else is impressive, unless we should be impressed by cupcake wins all season long

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they give this ball to 'Cuse, it will be laughable. Clearly the dude didn't touch it

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bunch of fucking bullshit.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought you can't foul a guy before the ball is inbounded or else the other team gets the ball? that just means you can grab the worst FT shooter on the floor every time. that's garbage

WHAT A CLUTCH TRIP TO THE LINE, THOUGH!!!

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then there was one...