• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toney Douglas and Jermaine O'Neal

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard this on the Radio. Haven't seen any articles yet. But I like the move.

mayo63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine is a little long in the tooth, but I'll take it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JO is servicable enough at this point. I figure he'll have at least enough in the tank to give us some minutes until Ezeli is ready to go. He'll be a nice guy to have as a "just in-case" player.

Toney Douglas is a pretty scrappy player and capable of hitting the 3. I'm not sure he's exactly the playmaking PG, I would have preferred, but he's very good on defense.

The best part is that both are low risk because they are just 1 year deals. Gives us flexibility again next off-season.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JO is servicable enough at this point. I figure he'll have at least enough in the tank to give us some minutes until Ezeli is ready to go. He'll be a nice guy to have as a "just in-case" player.

Toney Douglas is a pretty scrappy player and capable of hitting the 3. I'm not sure he's exactly the playmaking PG, I would have preferred, but he's very good on defense.

The best part is that both are low risk because they are just 1 year deals. Gives us flexibility again next off-season.

My fear was the Warriors would grab a backup pg with little defensive ability. Given Curry's limitations on defense, I'm thrilled to read this.

Could we see a Douglas, Klay, Iggy, Green, Bogut line-up to hold a late lead?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fear was the Warriors would grab a backup pg with little defensive ability. Given Curry's limitations on defense, I'm thrilled to read this.

Could we see a Douglas, Klay, Iggy, Green, Bogut line-up to hold a late lead?

It might be Barnes over Douglas depending on the matchups. Iggy can guard most PG's in the league.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this roster. It's balanced, reasonably-priced (other than Lee, of course, and Bogut, kind of). It has enough youth and experience. Obviously, it isn't a championship team, but it's the only type of team that can compete with a "Big 3 and Always in the Luxury Tax" scenario. I enjoy watching good, fiscally responsible franchises. To me, the finances have become part of the game, itself. October cannot get here soon enough.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Lindsay Hunter might come in as head coach, I mean in Mike Malone's role if that happens I think we will be really set for a possible deep playoff run with this roster.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Lindsay Hunter might come in as head coach, I mean in Mike Malone's role if that happens I think we will be really set for a possible deep playoff run with this roster.

I think he was replaced by scalbrine who worked with Tom T from the bulls ? Also who is Lindsey hunter? Lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this roster. It's balanced, reasonably-priced (other than Lee, of course, and Bogut, kind of). It has enough youth and experience. Obviously, it isn't a championship team, but it's the only type of team that can compete with a "Big 3 and Always in the Luxury Tax" scenario. I enjoy watching good, fiscally responsible franchises. To me, the finances have become part of the game, itself. October cannot get here soon enough.

It's damn close to championship! If dwight was smart he would
Of chosen us then we would be favorite out west

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was replaced by scalbrine who worked with Tom T from the bulls ? Also who is Lindsey hunter? Lol

He's been a player coach, then an assistant coach and then he was head coach for most of the season with the Suns last year. I think he's a lot more experienced than Scalbrine who will be fun to look at on the bench though.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been a player coach, then an assistant coach and then he was head coach for most of the season with the Suns last year. I think he's a lot more experienced than Scalbrine who will be fun to look at on the bench though.

Why not get both? It won't be too many chefs in the kitchen. Scalabrine played with KG and Paul Pierce. He knows when to keep his mouth shut.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not get both? It won't be too many chefs in the kitchen. Scalabrine played with KG and Paul Pierce. He knows when to keep his mouth shut.

I didn't mean to make it sound like we needed one or the other, I was saying that we are rumored to be bringing in Hunter for the Malone role and that would help a lot because Jackson has not shown himself to be an X's and O's coach.

I don't think Scalabrine will have as demanding a role with the club at least to start, I don't care if they have a dozen coaches on the bench as long as they win and can compete I'm good.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to make it sound like we needed one or the other, I was saying that we are rumored to be bringing in Hunter for the Malone role and that would help a lot because Jackson has not shown himself to be an X's and O's coach.

I don't think Scalabrine will have as demanding a role with the club at least to start, I don't care if they have a dozen coaches on the bench as long as they win and can compete I'm good.

Agreed. I meant it as an open-ended question. I didn't think you were upset about the moves (though, of course, every Warrior fan was bummed about Malone moving on). Plus, Scalabrine was great with rebound positioning and could help Festus with another (or any?) offensive move or two (at least the footwork). I'm really happy with the Hunter hire (if it happens).

Last edited by a moderator:

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good pickups! Not going to get much help with the draft in the next few years, but will have some cap room with expiring deals. Go Warriors!!

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errr.. Isn't Tony Douglas a boxer?

I suppose this means the end of the Charles Jenkins return?

JO for 1 year? Myers has done it again. I love it.

If we can Limit to 22-28 minutes a night, things are looking great.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love these moves, both the players and the coaches.

O'Neal and Douglas are the perfect role players for this team. Douglas can come in for 10-15 minutes/game, lock his opponent down, hit a shot or two, and keep the pace up. We don't need a Jarrett Jack replacement who will play 25-30 minutes a game, we need a role player on a good deal like Douglas.

Similar for O'Neal. Every time Bogut went out, you knew either Ezeli was coming in (and you were going to get no offense), or Landry was coming in, and we were going miniature up-front. Now we retain offense and defense, with a highly skilled player.

The front office has done a great job doing exactly what great teams do - getting some stars and surrounding them with some key role players. Look at San Antonio - outside of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, everybody else on that team is a role player.

One other thing - every guy we're getting has adequate size for their position. We will not be "out-sized" by anybody this year, unless it's a concerted effort to go small, which could be a devastating line-up for us. But if we have less size on the court than the other team, it's by choice rather than necessity as a result of not having enough good big players.

To the coaches - while everybody knows we lost Malone, we lost a second assistant coach (can't remember his name) to Charlotte. So if we get both Hunter and Scalabrine, that's just getting us to where we were at the end of last year. And as noted, Scalabrine can probably bring a lot to the table in helping Ezeli and our other big men. He's very knowledgable and able to relate to the players.