• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tommy out saturday

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope Barney comes in and rocks it, TA needs a bid ow serving of humble pie, he nose damn well he's the starter by a mile and I wouldn't hurt to have someone behind him give a ligit kick in the ass

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The afternoon show has actually been really entertaining this week. Josh Peterson has really taken the gloves off and doesn't just let some of the bullshit stuff people say go. It used to be that they'd just kind of let the callers go and say whatever they wanted. Now they're actually calling people on their crap, and it's fantastic.

You should have heard Steve Taylor a couple weeks ago after the Wisconsin game.

He unleashed on 1110 on the people calling in and it was awesome. People were calling in with their usual "this is what we're doing wrong" talk and he made them look like complete morons.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope Barney comes in and rocks it, TA needs a bid ow serving of humble pie, he nose damn well he's the starter by a mile and I wouldn't hurt to have someone behind him give a ligit kick in the ass
I really don't think Tommy's been 100% for a while now. I know his right foot is what is supposedly keeping him out, but his left foot has looked dinged up for a few weeks. If you watch him at the end of plays that he gets hit on over the last few weeks, he gets up pretty gingerly on his left. That would explain reverting back to his old habit of throwing off the back foot and his inaccuracy, as his left foot is his plant foot. It would also make him more prone to an injury on his right foot if he is overcompensating.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some players never recover from turf-toe.

It's a really really shitty thing to get.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rare but one of the mouths on the tcu game made an interesting comment on how coaches should be teaching qb's how to throw outside of the pocket with pressure not using their normal mechanics vs in practice mode with no pressure and a clean pocket, the guys used the term shortstop baseball thrower, talking about boinkins, vs a pitcher type QB

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think Tommy's been 100% for a while now. I know his right foot is what is supposedly keeping him out, but his left foot has looked dinged up for a few weeks. If you watch him at the end of plays that he gets hit on over the last few weeks, he gets up pretty gingerly on his left. That would explain reverting back to his old habit of throwing off the back foot and his inaccuracy, as his left foot is his plant foot. It would also make him more prone to an injury on his right foot if he is overcompensating.
I've noticed the lack of play action in recent games, dude is really doing all he can to win

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rare but one of the mouths on the tcu game made an interesting comment on how coaches should be teaching qb's how to throw outside of the pocket with pressure not using their normal mechanics vs in practice mode with no pressure and a clean pocket, the guys used the term shortstop baseball thrower, talking about boinkins, vs a pitcher type QB
I think there's a balance to be found there. Obviously you want the guy to be able to keep his eyes up and make a throw in a scramble situation where the pocket completely breaks down, but a good QB can also make good throws from a dirty pocket where he steps up into it and gets the ball out. In college, it's a lot more like you described...either a pitcher type QB or a scrambler. Being able to do both like Boykin has shown makes for a dangerous combination.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's one thing where you either have it or you don't.

Manziel's best plays were never made with a clean pocket. I guarantee they didn't give him a dirty pocket in practice to have to work with much.

Fyfe will be fine vs Purdue. He might even open some eyes to what this offense will eventually look like.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question really is.... If Fyfe plays out of his mind, do you start him vs MSU instead of a 60% Tommy?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
5 of 7 for 33 yards. 1 touchdown, 1 interception, long 14 yards.

Yep he's our savior. The problem is everyone expected Tommy to be a Peyton Manning because he had two good games in his career and when he didn't stand up to the pressure everyone want s to toss him in the trash and bring in the next. Well Tommy is a great competitor but he didn't sign up for this, don't put the blame on him and then again for Ryker when he doesn't measure up.
We have a coach who runs a different system. Don't expect championships from the last guys players.

It's as simple as that. It doesn't have to be a fault and it should of been expected but we have to enter every season, myself included thinking this one is the one. That is our fault, not theirs.

At times TA is a good player, but like I have said before, he needs to be sat down on the bench occasionally for a series or so if he's in the middle of his stink it up mode, just to get another perspective on things.

I would like to add that I do realize that this season hasn't been a failure so far because of any single player. I believe a lot of the problems were because of coaching and some weird decisions from them at times more than anything.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
5 of 7 for 33 yards. 1 touchdown, 1 interception, long 14 yards.

Yep he's our savior. The problem is everyone expected Tommy to be a Peyton Manning because he had two good games in his career and when he didn't stand up to the pressure everyone want s to toss him in the trash and bring in the next. Well Tommy is a great competitor but he didn't sign up for this, don't put the blame on him and then again for Ryker when he doesn't measure up.
We have a coach who runs a different system. Don't expect championships from the last guys players.

It's as simple as that. It doesn't have to be a fault and it should of been expected but we have to enter every season, myself included thinking this one is the one. That is our fault, not theirs.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble here, but no one better expect any championships when Riley has all of his players here either, if he's here that long.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Question really is.... If Fyfe plays out of his mind, do you start him vs MSU instead of a 60% Tommy?

If TA is at 60%, that would be really stupid to not start Fyfe if he looks good at all against Purdue.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's what i hope to see from a 2nd string QB. a smart guy, a guy that knows how to throw the ball away and live for the next play. he's had a ton of time to study and watch the 1st string guy and should know what he's doing wrong.

Fyfe has been getting way more reps in practice than he's ever gotten, so hopefully the coaches know what he does well and hopefully he knows what he does well. as someone else said, he has to be the 2nd string for a reason over scholarship QBs. i'm hoping he fits MR's mold a little more and can hit the quick short throws better because that's what this offense has been missing, TA just wasn't terrific at them.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TA is at 60%, that would be really stupid to not start Fyfe if he looks good at all against Purdue.
But you don't lose your starting role to injury. It just doesn't happen.

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is Fyfe doesn't try to throw for 30 or 40 yards every other pass like Tommy tries to do. I understand that is works more time than not in practice, our DB's can't defend it. If Fyfe can hit the short slants and curl routes, he should be fine.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. Absolutely.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Tommy again until at least the Iowa game regardless. Turf-toe is a really shitty thing.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Absolutely.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Tommy again until at least the Iowa game regardless. Turf-toe is a really shitty thing.

If things really go to shit we might see my favorite "gamer" QB. Darlington.

My theory is Manziel would never start under Riley and might even be a 3rd stringer.

What if there's Manziel 2.0 sitting right under our nose.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can aaaaaall ananalize this to the end of a sewer line
bottom line is this ----------------

The Huskers will bought the Boilermakers on a grass field ---in a down pore rain --at 11 O clock am
with Barny Fife as a Husker QB

last time that dude took a snap was in Grand Island --about the time he took a last snap

this game (to Me ) will be theeeeee most interesting

I thall watch this game and eat a fine lunch ta booot

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pops, the bottom line is this ----------------------

Yer pretty drunk