• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomlin's draft classes

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 24 David DeCastro Apparently stinks
2 56 Mike Adams T LOL
3 86 Sean Spence LB WHO?
4 109 Alameda Ta'amu Booted off the team
5 159 Chris Rainey RB LOL.....
7 231 Toney Clemons WHO?
7 240 David Paulson TE Okayyyy whatever
7 246 Terrence Frederick WHO?
7 248 Kelvin Beachum WHO?
1 31 Cameron Heyward Not good
2 63 Marcus Gilbert Not good
3 95 Curtis Brown WHO?
4 128 Cortez Allen Around
5 162 Chris Carter WHO?
6 196 Keith Williams WHO?
7 232 Baron Batch LOL
1 18 Maurkice Pouncey Hurt constantly
2 52 Jason Worilds Maybe his time?
3 82 Emmanuel Sanders Interesting he was taken higher that Brown
4 116 Thaddeus Gibson WHO?
5 151 Chris Scott WHO?
5 164 Crezdon Butler WHO?
5 166 Stevenson Sylvester Haven't heard much from him
6 188 Jonathan Dwyer Got all we could get I gues
6 195 Antonio Brown WR A steal in rd 6
7 242 Doug Worthington WHO?
1 32 Ziggy Hood Starter but not as good as advertised
3 79 Kraig Urbik WHO? Wasted 3rd rounder
3 84 Mike Wallace Developed and shipped off. Bad attitude from day 1.
3 96 Keenan Lewis Still around
5 168 Joe Burnett WHO?
5 169 Frank Summers Frank the tank! Literally..
6 205 Ra'Shon Harris WHO?
7 226 A.Q. Shipley What happened here?
7 241 David Johnson Contributor
1 23 Rashard Mendenhall Good, but not good enough
2 53 Limas Sweed No need to comment on this
3 88 Bruce Davis WHO? 3rd round?!
4 130 Tony Hills T Crap
5 156 Dennis Dixon Never utilized
6 188 Mike Humpal WHO?
6 194 Ryan Mundy Played wayyy too long
1 15 Lawrence Timmons Perrennial starter
2 46 LaMarr Woodley Franchise Player
3 77 Matt Spaeth 3rd round... Really?
4 112 Daniel Sepulveda Why did we let him go?
4 132 Ryan McBean WHO?
5 156 Cameron Stephenson WHO?
5 170 William Gay Good Value
7 227 Dallas Baker WHO?

~ This as an absolute failure. Just a handful of players can even be considered Pro Bowlers and 1 of them is in Miami now. If you want to know why we suck so bad this year, just look at our last two years of draft picks. How are you going to get better when bringing in this crap.:omg:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either drafting or development, I'm not sure which. Those classes all had decent ratings at the time they were completed. So I'm leaning development, or lack there of.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 24 David DeCastro Apparently stinks
2 56 Mike Adams T LOL
3 86 Sean Spence LB WHO?
4 109 Alameda Ta'amu Booted off the team
5 159 Chris Rainey RB LOL.....
7 231 Toney Clemons WHO?
7 240 David Paulson TE Okayyyy whatever
7 246 Terrence Frederick WHO?
7 248 Kelvin Beachum WHO?
1 31 Cameron Heyward Not good
2 63 Marcus Gilbert Not good
3 95 Curtis Brown WHO?
4 128 Cortez Allen Around
5 162 Chris Carter WHO?
6 196 Keith Williams WHO?
7 232 Baron Batch LOL
1 18 Maurkice Pouncey Hurt constantly
2 52 Jason Worilds Maybe his time?
3 82 Emmanuel Sanders Interesting he was taken higher that Brown
4 116 Thaddeus Gibson WHO?
5 151 Chris Scott WHO?
5 164 Crezdon Butler WHO?
5 166 Stevenson Sylvester Haven't heard much from him
6 188 Jonathan Dwyer Got all we could get I gues
6 195 Antonio Brown WR A steal in rd 6
7 242 Doug Worthington WHO?
1 32 Ziggy Hood Starter but not as good as advertised
3 79 Kraig Urbik WHO? Wasted 3rd rounder
3 84 Mike Wallace Developed and shipped off. Bad attitude from day 1.
3 96 Keenan Lewis Still around
5 168 Joe Burnett WHO?
5 169 Frank Summers Frank the tank! Literally..
6 205 Ra'Shon Harris WHO?
7 226 A.Q. Shipley What happened here?
7 241 David Johnson Contributor
1 23 Rashard Mendenhall Good, but not good enough
2 53 Limas Sweed No need to comment on this
3 88 Bruce Davis WHO? 3rd round?!
4 130 Tony Hills T Crap
5 156 Dennis Dixon Never utilized
6 188 Mike Humpal WHO?
6 194 Ryan Mundy Played wayyy too long
1 15 Lawrence Timmons Perrennial starter
2 46 LaMarr Woodley Franchise Player
3 77 Matt Spaeth 3rd round... Really?
4 112 Daniel Sepulveda Why did we let him go?
4 132 Ryan McBean WHO?
5 156 Cameron Stephenson WHO?
5 170 William Gay Good Value
7 227 Dallas Baker WHO?

~ This as an absolute failure. Just a handful of players can even be considered Pro Bowlers and 1 of them is in Miami now. If you want to know why we suck so bad this year, just look at our last two years of draft picks. How are you going to get better when bringing in this crap.:omg:

You do realize that these draft failures are more on Colbert than Tomlin right??? I feel some people misunderstand/confuse the roles of the head coach and the GM. Tomlin may have a say in some aspects of the draft, but the choice ultimately comes down to Colbert, the scouting department, and the Rooneys. It certainly is easy for anyone to point the finger at the head coach when a franchise isn't doing so well, but that shouldn't be the case. I also think you are rushing to judgment on a lot of these younger players. Everyone can agree that the drafting has been severly lacking through a couple years (especially 08 & 09). Just my opinion, but take it for what its worth since clearly the team isn't performing well right now.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that these draft failures are more on Colbert than Tomlin right??? I feel some people misunderstand/confuse the roles of the head coach and the GM. Tomlin may have a say in some aspects of the draft, but the choice ultimately comes down to Colbert, the scouting department, and the Rooneys. It certainly is easy for anyone to point the finger at the head coach when a franchise isn't doing so well, but that shouldn't be the case. I also think you are rushing to judgment on a lot of these younger players. Everyone can agree that the drafting has been severly lacking through a couple years (especially 08 & 09). Just my opinion, but take it for what its worth since clearly the team isn't performing well right now.

To be honest, are we sure about that?

Technically you're right, but there are always power struggles between GM and coach, especially in football.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who calls the shots when it comes to the draft but what I think we can all agree on, is that between Colbert & Tomlin, there is a huge disconnect. Whether it being Colbert not giving Tomlin the talent to develop, Tomlin being given talent and undeveloping it or no talent and no development has occured..... Its a problem and it has finally caught up to us.

No sense in just firing people to fire people now, they really have to look at why they are what they are. Their offseason moves last year were so fuckin bad that we all came on here and said WTF? Others said don't worry, we always restock in the draft. Well.... We haven't, didn't, and have continually gotten worse.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, are we sure about that?

Technically you're right, but there are always power struggles between GM and coach, especially in football.

0-4 is still on Tomlin, but I'm pretty sure about it...one big reason Cowher left was he wanted more power over player personnel.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who calls the shots when it comes to the draft but what I think we can all agree on, is that between Colbert & Tomlin, there is a huge disconnect. Whether it being Colbert not giving Tomlin the talent to develop, Tomlin being given talent and undeveloping it or no talent and no development has occured..... Its a problem and it has finally caught up to us.

No sense in just firing people to fire people now, they really have to look at why they are what they are. Their offseason moves last year were so fuckin bad that we all came on here and said WTF? Others said don't worry, we always restock in the draft. Well.... We haven't, didn't, and have continually gotten worse.

Agreed...Tomlin doesn't get a clean pass on personnel, but Colbert's job is bigger than just the draft...one reason the talent level is down is the cap has been badly managed. Two mid to low picks (Wallace & Keenan Lewis) were drafted and developed into pro bowl players. Colbert extended a lot of guys like Hinds Ward, Aaron Smith, J. Harrison, etc. in their latter prime years therefore had no money to wrap these young guys up before they hit UFA status.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-4 is still on Tomlin, but I'm pretty sure about it...one big reason Cowher left was he wanted more power over player personnel.

Fair enough, I'm fine saying that it's either Colbert not drafting the right players, or Tomlin and his staff not developing them, or most likely a combo of the two.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of Tomlin but still not sure who to point the finger at. What bothers me most about the Steelers current situation is I am not sure what there is to build off of with so many aging defensive players, awful oline and Ben isn't getting any younger. This team will look completely different soon and we Steelers fans aren't used to that much change at one time. The unknown is my biggest fear.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of you. And yes, Tomlin does deserve more of the blame for being 0-4 at this time. But I still think there needs to be a line drawn in the sand because Tomlin is doing the "best" that he can with the talent provided. The thing that really sucks here is there are so many "what-ifs" with this offense right now. The most glaring one is, what if the O-line was actually performing well??? I have no doubt in my mind that we COULD be sitting at 4-0 right now if that were the case. This team has yet to be blown out of the water so nobody can say that the coaching is terrible.

Whatever the case, like SFNL said, there seems to be a very large disconnect somewhere along the lines because there has been far too many mispicks over the last couple years.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of you. And yes, Tomlin does deserve more of the blame for being 0-4 at this time. But I still think there needs to be a line drawn in the sand because Tomlin is doing the "best" that he can with the talent provided. The thing that really sucks here is there are so many "what-ifs" with this offense right now. The most glaring one is, what if the O-line was actually performing well??? I have no doubt in my mind that we COULD be sitting at 4-0 right now if that were the case. This team has yet to be blown out of the water so nobody can say that the coaching is terrible.

Whatever the case, like SFNL said, there seems to be a very large disconnect somewhere along the lines because there has been far too many mispicks over the last couple years.

Hmmm.....maybe. Or maybe his coaching staff is doing a bad job of developing said talent.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team is 0-4 because the highest paid player on the team, and the person handling the ball on every OFC play is turning the ball over far too often...4 games, 4 games with a turnover from the QB position.

OL...we knew it was a young OL that was going to take some time to gel...Are they really that bad? they looked bad blocking for Redman & Dwyer...F. Jones, LSH and Bell running behind the same OL all looked much better. Can we honestly say that P. Manning (playing with a brand new LT himself) would have 15 sacks behind our OL? I don't think so.

Draft...yea, there have been some holes created by bad drafts and mis-managed cap money.

At the end of the day...with the talent on the field, the turnovers are the reason for this bad of a start.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is 0-4 because the highest paid player on the team, and the person handling the ball on every OFC play is turning the ball over far too often...4 games, 4 games with a turnover from the QB position.

OL...we knew it was a young OL that was going to take some time to gel...Are they really that bad? they looked bad blocking for Redman & Dwyer...F. Jones, LSH and Bell running behind the same OL all looked much better. Can we honestly say that P. Manning (playing with a brand new LT himself) would have 15 sacks behind our OL? I don't think so.

Draft...yea, there have been some holes created by bad drafts and mis-managed cap money.

At the end of the day...with the talent on the field, the turnovers are the reason for this bad of a start.

Turnovers can be attributed to poor O-line play. Not in every case, but a few of Ben's TO's wouldn't have happened if his line would have held up better.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers can be attributed to poor O-line play. Not in every case, but a few of Ben's TO's wouldn't have happened if his line would have held up better.

You would think a franchise like pittsburgh could put together a quality offensive line.