• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomlin going off on the Pats headset issue

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last post on this topic from me.

Nowhere did Tomlin and Roethlisberger suggest that the Patriots cheated or bent the rules. Tomlin was upset because protocols were not followed regarding the head sets. Ben was upset because of the referees' interpretation of the particular NFL rule. But keep on suggesting, like any other Pats fan, that they had an agenda against the Patriots.

For the fan base who is quick to attack anyone for accusing the Patriots without evidence or direct sources, you guys sure seem hypocritical for doing the same.
Of course we're hypocrites - we are all football fans!!!!!
(except for some of the trolls)

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pats have suffered irreparable reputation damages which has hurt their brand damn rights they can sue but they are choosing not to. Why? Think about it they know what they've done...

Fin, I've tried once again to communicate with you. You don't read what I type. You simply repeat yourself.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe that the pats are completely honest 100% of the time? Comical....

I doubt any team is completely honest 100% of the time. The point is the the percentage of players and coaches who think the Patriots is way disproportionate to the amount they may have done. Mostly importantly it's attributing any and all things to the Patriots that have no really proof or reasonable possibility of happening other "I have a gut feel and anything is possible" type of thinking.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB will expose any little loophole he can find hence the ineligible receiver formations he used last year, spygate, etc...so magically he's incapable of doing any of the tactics written about in the article? Are you guys that naive? Because you don't want to believe it....it can't possibly be true right?

They weren't illegal and Belichick checked with the league first because he's knows he's being watched and the formations were oked. :scratch: The fact that Haurbaugh whined about it to be enough to be a squeaky wheel to get it changed just proves Harbaugh was looking for a scapegoat and he suspected, successfully he could the competition committee to do something about it. Good coaching or just good politician on Haurbauh's part?

Belichick tried again in the Indy and while it wasn't completely successful, Nate Solder did score a TD with everyone still all atwitter about those formations.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last post on this topic from me.

Nowhere did Tomlin and Roethlisberger suggest that the Patriots cheated or bent the rules. Tomlin was upset because protocols were not followed regarding the head sets. Ben was upset because of the referees' interpretation of the particular NFL rule. But keep on suggesting, like any other Pats fan, that they had an agenda against the Patriots.

For the fan base who is quick to attack anyone for accusing the Patriots without evidence or direct sources, you guys sure seem hypocritical for doing the same.

We'll just have to disagree about both. I think they took shots at those tricky Patriots while blaming the refs.

I don't think either had an agenda. I just think it was easier to blame Belichick (and the refs!) ;) to explain their own teams lapses. Honestly I think Ben was just pissed and was reacting like many QBs do in situations like that involving refs. Whatever you can get. Rothlesberger was great with the unwritten rule stuff. Classic. Visions of Double Secret Probation bounced around in my head with that one... :)

You know Tomlin better than I do, maybe he's just a grump in general..

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot to see here but you choose not to look...and brush it under the carpet. This may not be 100% true but where there's smoke....
Just like Tomlin's accusation. Lol BB is in everyone's head. I wonder what mind f%^k he'll put on Rex this week?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pats have suffered irreparable reputation damages which has hurt their brand damn rights they can sue but they are choosing not to. Why? Think about it they know what they've done...

Yeah, their brand is really suffering! They are the 2nd most valuable franchise in American sports. You're a fucking genius.

TEAM EST. VALUE
Dallas Cowboys $4 billion
Real Madrid $3.26 billion
New England Patriots $3.2 billion
New York Yankees $3.2 billion
FC Barcelona $3.16 billion
Source: Forbes magazine's annual valuations

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one brought up excuses it's all about using every trick in the book legal or illegal to win games...if the accusations are false then why not sue?

One reason, of which there are many, is winning that type suit under our current legal system is nearly impossible, not because of merit, but because of the extreme high standard in place.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can sue for libel if what they wrote is flat out lies....I know i would if someone wrote something that was false about my business. BB just whined about the harsh truth and moved onto buffalo as you say....

Not how it works. I would consult with the lawyer you use for your business.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what Libel is? Do you understand that in order to win a suit, you must suffer damages?

Here's some Libel. FlyerFinFan sells drugs to children. Now, sue me.

I overheard a converstion at a coffee shop that FFF is an excellent source for anything you need on the black market.:thumb:

Feel free to try and win that perceived libel case.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a break as soon a anyone discusses this shit you guys go all defensive and your only recourse are insults. Prove me wrong that the article is false and I'll shut up....

You also seem to not understand the difference between an insult and a descriptive.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB will expose any little loophole he can find hence the ineligible receiver formations he used last year, spygate, etc...so magically he's incapable of doing any of the tactics written about in the article? Are you guys that naive? Because you don't want to believe it....it can't possibly be true right?

Legal

Was legal until memo

Nothing in the article is substantiated.

Are you legally retarded?

Because you see a boogie man at every turn you think it's true.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ESPN did a fine job nothing more needs to be done...balls in your court.

Of course you think ESPN did a fine job. They gave you the excuse you've been looking for, the one that explains why New England has been spanking Miami all over the field since Marino retired.