• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomlin going off on the Pats headset issue

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try to brush it under the carpet this is ESPN not some two bit publisher that you guys bring up from somewhere in Mass. If false why aren't the pats suing? Wouldn't you if you were falsely accused of all of this?
You can't sue an un-named source. Even trying to go after ESPN is futile. They just claim they don't need to privide the source. Nothing to see, move along

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can sue for libel if what they wrote is flat out lies....I know i would if someone wrote something that was false about my business. BB just whined about the harsh truth and moved onto buffalo as you say....

Much of the article was on the suspicion of other teams towards the Patriots whether true or untrue. So that's not something that is easily sueable but Belichick's comments are right on the mark. He's perfectly correct in criticizing people looking for the easy route of blaming others for your own shortcomings.

Headphones and unwritten rules is typical. Laughable and people should be embarrassed for using those excuses Spygate or not.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what Libel is? Do you understand that in order to win a suit, you must suffer damages?

Here's some Libel. FlyerFinFan sells drugs to children. Now, sue me.
The pats have suffered irreparable reputation damages which has hurt their brand damn rights they can sue but they are choosing not to. Why? Think about it they know what they've done...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't know what libel is any more than he knows what logical means.

The poor kid has so much angst when it comes to the Patriots that he is losing his mind.
Give it a break as soon a anyone discusses this shit you guys go all defensive and your only recourse are insults. Prove me wrong that the article is false and I'll shut up....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much of the article was on the suspicion of other teams towards the Patriots whether true or untrue. So that's not something that is easily sueable but Belichick's comments are right on the mark. He's perfectly correct in criticizing people looking for the easy route of blaming others for your own shortcomings.

Headphones and unwritten rules is typical. Laughable and people should be embarrassed for using those excuses Spygate or not.
So you believe that the pats are completely honest 100% of the time? Comical....

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a break as soon a anyone discusses this shit you guys go all defensive and your only recourse are insults. Prove me wrong that the article is false and I'll shut up....

How about you prove the article true or shut up? No unnamed sources, no innuendo and rehashing shit that was dis-proven 8 years ago.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't sue an un-named source. Even trying to go after ESPN is futile. They just claim they don't need to privide the source. Nothing to see, move along
There is a lot to see here but you choose not to look...and brush it under the carpet. This may not be 100% true but where there's smoke....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you prove the article true or shut up? No unnamed sources, no innuendo and rehashing shit that was dis-proven 8 years ago.
I think ESPN did a fine job nothing more needs to be done...balls in your court.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot to see here but you choose not to look...and brush it under the carpet. This may not be 100% true but where there's smoke....

There's smoke. Half the article is about the paranoia throughout the league against the Patriots about primarily unfounded rumors. That's why I like the article myself. You can say it's Belichick's fault for Spygate. I say there's no good excuse for being stupid.

This week is a great example of that. What happened to two solid footballers like Mike Tomlin and Ben Rothesberger and when did they become stupid? Tell me either looked anything but after this week.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned above I'm on a road trip but wanted to discuss this if you feel that it's old news ignore me....but I'm simply questioning how can you brush this under the carpet? This is damaging and I haven't seen the pats take this to court...why not?
Someone reports that "they think" is not legal basis for a court case. Everything said in report is old, unsubstantiated, and unreliable. It is not necessary to "brush this under the carpet" because any discerning fan would recognize that it was total bullshit and the timing of releasing it is very suspect. More direct collusion of Goodell and cronies with ESPN.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's smoke. Half the article is about the paranoia throughout the league against the Patriots about primarily unfounded rumors. That's why I like the article myself. You can say it's Belichick's fault for Spygate. I say there's no good excuse for being stupid.

This week is a great example of that. What happened to two solid footballers like Mike Tomlin and Ben Rothesberger and when did they become stupid? Tell me either looked anything but after this week.
Good point and another advantage gained from this by the pats. Maybe that's why the pats don't mind this coming out it puts another weapon in their arsenal....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try to brush it under the carpet this is ESPN not some two bit publisher that you guys bring up from somewhere in Mass. If false why aren't the pats suing? Wouldn't you if you were falsely accused of all of this?
Buddy, you are showing your ignorance. ESPN of the "deflate-gate incorrect leaks?" Nobody is buying this crap precisely because it is ESPN!!!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone reports that "they think" is not legal basis for a court case. Everything said in report is old, unsubstantiated, and unreliable. It is not necessary to "brush this under the carpet" because any discerning fan would recognize that it was total bullshit and the timing of releasing it is very suspect. More direct collusion of Goodell and cronies with ESPN.
You seriously believe that everything in there is false...wow. Being a fan you should know more than anyone of what BB is capable of. He doesn't go half ass into anything he does you know that right?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still defending...lol

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB will expose any little loophole he can find hence the ineligible receiver formations he used last year, spygate, etc...so magically he's incapable of doing any of the tactics written about in the article? Are you guys that naive? Because you don't want to believe it....it can't possibly be true right?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seriously believe that everything in there is false...wow. Being a fan you should know more than anyone of what BB is capable of. He doesn't go half ass into anything he does you know that right?
I most certainly do not think that everything in the report was false. There was just enough truth in it to get a gullible reader to buy the whole thing. Obviously they got a few buyers......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB will expose any little loophole he can find hence the ineligible receiver formations he used last year, spygate, etc...so magically he's incapable of doing any of the tactics written about in the article? Are you guys that naive? Because you don't want to believe it....it can't possibly be true right?
The "loopholes" were legal. Are you dishonest when you take a legal deduction on your taxes?

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last post on this topic from me.

Nowhere did Tomlin and Roethlisberger suggest that the Patriots cheated or bent the rules. Tomlin was upset because protocols were not followed regarding the head sets. Ben was upset because of the referees' interpretation of the particular NFL rule. But keep on suggesting, like any other Pats fan, that they had an agenda against the Patriots.

For the fan base who is quick to attack anyone for accusing the Patriots without evidence or direct sources, you guys sure seem hypocritical for doing the same.