• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady and Patriots know the Seahawks can drop the Boom again in the Super Bowl

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady and Patriots know the Seahawks can drop the Boom again in the Super Bowl

The Patriots are determined not to let the physical play of the Seahawks defense run them out of the building on Sunday in Super Bowl XLIX in Arizona.

CHANDLER, Ariz. — Tom Brady has watched the tape over and over of the Seahawks humiliating his pal Peyton Manning and the Broncos in the Super Bowl last year.

As it turned out, the game was over on the first play when the ball was snapped too early and sailed over Manning’s shoulder and into the end zone, where the Seahawks recovered for a safety. The next time the Broncos had the ball, safety Kam Chancellor led with his shoulder after a two-yard catch by Demaryius Thomas and the crunching hit sent Thomas flying back seven yards.

The Legion of Boom is a fitting calling card for this bunch. “It’s a nice nickname,” Patriots receiver Brandon LaFell said. “They earned it.”

The Seahawks immediately set the tone for the Super Bowl and held the highest scoring offense in NFL history to one touchdown in a 43-8 rout. It was 36-0 before Denver finally scored in the third quarter. They had Manning rattled.

LUPICA: WILSON COULD BE SUPER MAN

“They do a great job getting after the quarterback,” Brady said. “This isn’t the type of team you want to play from behind. They were behind on the first snap. It’s hard because you are always fighting uphill the rest of the day. That pressure can really take its toll if they start teeing off on you."

The rest of this is long with some videos,it is pretty good,in the comment section there is banter talk as well.

Myers: Brady, Patriots know what Legion of Boom can do - NY Daily News

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you expect him to say? That they're garbage? I'm sure Carroll gave praises to BB and co. as well. If not, then they're underestimating them.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you expect him to say? That they're garbage? I'm sure Carroll gave praises to BB and co. as well. If not, then they're underestimating them.

I was just hoping you guys would read it all so i could sit there smugly after this line.

"Brady watches tape at night until he gets so tired he can’t keep his eyes open. Then he gets up and watches more tape. If the Legion of Boom lowers the boom on his receivers, then what happens in Super Bowl XLIX is just going to look like a sequel."

Schwing! :suds::lol:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If being prepared doesn't matter then Seattle will repeat.

On the other hand if the Patriots can exploit the Seahawks weaknesses then who knows.

I do know the Patriots will show up.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just hoping you guys would read it all so i could sit there smugly after this line.

"Brady watches tape at night until he gets so tired he can’t keep his eyes open. Then he gets up and watches more tape. If the Legion of Boom lowers the boom on his receivers, then what happens in Super Bowl XLIX is just going to look like a sequel."

Brady doesn't watch tape for enjoyment. He's looking for things that the defense does that he can recognize and try to take advantage of. He's looking for formations that either linebackers or defensive linemen will step back and curl in or where they will cross over or under. He's looking how the linebackers drop into coverage and where they go.

I coached for 40 years and when I look at film, I'm not watching the game, I'm watching and re-watching tendencies and moves. I DVR'd the Green Bay/Seattle Championship game. The Seahawks are not a perfect team. The Packers as a team did not lose that game, their coach lost that game by trying "not to lose" rather than win.

I don't know if you have enough game experience to sit and watch a game like a coach or a position player, but if you have a Seahawks game that you can watch and replay, do it and find the individual weaknesses of every player on your team, not the other team. If you do it correctly, it should take you somewhere between 12-16 hours. I guarantee the only thing you'll want to do is get about 10 hours of
sleep.

By the way, Brady watches no less than 80 hours of film a week.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think other teams havent done just that with our game film? there are very few ways to beat this defense, and 9 times it has faced SB winning QBs and 9 times it has won. if the patriots are going to win, they better plan on causing a bunch of turnovers and playing very safe offensively.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady doesn't watch tape for enjoyment. He's looking for things that the defense does that he can recognize and try to take advantage of. He's looking for formations that either linebackers or defensive linemen will step back and curl in or where they will cross over or under. He's looking how the linebackers drop into coverage and where they go.

I coached for 40 years and when I look at film, I'm not watching the game, I'm watching and re-watching tendencies and moves. I DVR'd the Green Bay/Seattle Championship game. The Seahawks are not a perfect team. The Packers as a team did not lose that game, their coach lost that game by trying "not to lose" rather than win.

I don't know if you have enough game experience to sit and watch a game like a coach or a position player, but if you have a Seahawks game that you can watch and replay, do it and find the individual weaknesses of every player on your team, not the other team. If you do it correctly, it should take you somewhere between 12-16 hours. I guarantee the only thing you'll want to do is get about 10 hours of
sleep.

By the way, Brady watches no less than 80 hours of film a week.

Oh then you will remember this one well then.

...and then Russell Wilson bombed it to....

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think other teams havent done just that with our game film? there are very few ways to beat this defense, and 9 times it has faced SB winning QBs and 9 times it has won. if the patriots are going to win, they better plan on causing a bunch of turnovers and playing very safe offensively.

I guess they shouldn't show up.

What am I going to do with all this food.

Here's a question. What if the Seahawks lower the boom and the Patriot "punch" back?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they shouldn't show up.

What am I going to do with all this food.

Here's a question. What if the Seahawks lower the boom and the Patriot "punch" back?

I think everyone is anticipating a good game,does the Pats have the stamina though? well see.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling Seattle fans are going to be happy going late into the 4th quarter with 7 points?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are tough Brady almost put up 400 yards last time they played and Wilson had another great comeback to win game by 1

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawk defense matches up extremely well with the Patriots offense. No question. When Brady says it's going to be a fight and a grind I'm sure he means it. I hoping they will not be as intimidated as some Seahawks fans would like to believe. I think some may underestimate the Patriots toughness.

And what 2 years ago means pretty much nothing. As does what happened in the Superbowl last year.

The Patriots manhandled Denver this year too but no one is playing Denver.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Bunchen better have practiced the silent count this week. Heard that the Seahawks to Patriots fan attendance will be a 70+/30- split. Gonna be close to what visitors deal with at the Clink.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Bunchen better have practiced the silent count this week. Heard that the Seahawks to Patriots fan attendance will be a 70+/30- split. Gonna be close to what visitors deal with at the Clink.

No, not really. It will be all wine and cheese crowd at $8,000 and up per ticket.....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doom is a bunch of bullshit, really dumb word if you think about it, doomed to what? Boom doom whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doublejive is a 50 year old jheri curl wearing dolt. How immature are you? I can see a 17 year old kid talking crap on the internet but really? A 50 year old man? And you have nothing better to do with your life than sit on a computer chair on an internet message board and create all these stupid threads talking crap?? You've got to be kidding me. I bet you think you are bad shit too huh?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doublejive is a 50 year old jheri curl wearing dolt. How immature are you? I can see a 17 year old kid talking crap on the internet but really? A 50 year old man? And you have nothing better to do with your life than sit on a computer chair on an internet message board and create all these stupid threads talking crap?? You've got to be kidding me. I bet you think you are bad shit too huh?

GIF-Amused-Charlton-Heston-haha-laugh-LOL-GIF.gif

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly each team pays respect to the other team to try to avoid the bulliten board material. In private they know the Boom is overrated. Talking about only allowing 8 points a game the last 6 games or whatever it was when they were playing weak offenses with 2cnd and 3rd team QBs,
As soon as they play a team with an average offense and better QB they dont hold them to 8 points anymore.