• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Week 1 Other Games thread

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure wish we had Maryland and BC this year. Good god. In related news, this may be Dukes year to go bowling.

Duke has a pretty good team this year, considering it's Duke... but their schedule is too hard for them to have a realistic shot at a bowl.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clemson's run blocking looked really good. If they run like that on us we have no chance

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson's run blocking looked really good. If they run like that on us we have no chance

keep in mind, our D should be much better than Auburn's this year. Especially with them in week one with a new coordinator.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF happened to Pitt today?....thought they were going to challenge for the Big East crown this year? Looks like their defense sucks! Not worried about winning that one anymore.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Derrick Green was paying attention, Auburn, loss, Michigan, loss

Those looked to be his top two.

Tenn and Ga looked good, but I never thought he was serious about either.

MIss looked like shit.

Which leaves VT. Derrick flew to the game, and should have no problem getting to tech on Monday.

If we win impressively, and he has a good time. we really need to get him some face to face with Frank and Shane both. We could win this recuritment.

edit, OH yea, forgot Oregon

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF happened to Pitt today?....thought they were going to challenge for the Big East crown this year? Looks like their defense sucks! Not worried about winning that one anymore.

I'm sure people said that about us when we lost to JMU in Week two of the 2010-11 season. I'm not counting anyone out.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard anything out of the WVU/Marshall game? Supposedly, WVU fans were chanting "We want a plane crash" during the game, but friends/family in WV said that none of the local news had anything about it. Many times they have said that the local stations in WV "cover up" some of that type of crap because of the already terrible reputation. Just like last year's LSU game where WVU fans dragged LSU fans out of their car and beat them as they were leaving. Family didn't believe it happened until we sent them numerous links to the incident.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure people said that about us when we lost to JMU in Week two of the 2010-11 season. I'm not counting anyone out.

Youngstown State with 381 yds of offense (204 yds rushing). We'll be OK. I also have a feeling there will be as many Hokie fans there as Pitt fans. Hopefully, Dorian Johnson is in attendance.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Louisville beating Kentucky 22-7 in the 3rd with Bridgewater 15/16 for 210 so far. I'm glad Miami didn't get him otherwise they might have had a chance against us this year

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard anything out of the WVU/Marshall game? Supposedly, WVU fans were chanting "We want a plane crash" during the game, but friends/family in WV said that none of the local news had anything about it. Many times they have said that the local stations in WV "cover up" some of that type of crap because of the already terrible reputation. Just like last year's LSU game where WVU fans dragged LSU fans out of their car and beat them as they were leaving. Family didn't believe it happened until we sent them numerous links to the incident.

Hadn't heard anything about it but it doesn't surprise me. That says all you need to know about WVU fans

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be so ridiculous if it were true. I could be completely hammered and there's no way I'd even think of saying something like that. On top of all that, it doesn't even make sense. I know they're dumb over there, but still.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, one of my classmates said Sims was playing in the UVA game. Can someone remind me how they got out of the transfer year?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, one of my classmates said Sims was playing in the UVA game. Can someone remind me how they got out of the transfer year?

Father is/was very sick (not sure of how he is now if anybody has an update), so he came to UVA to be closer to him. NCAA granted waiver based on that.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nobody here thought they had a chance in this game, right? Michigan was WAY over-ranked in the preseason polls.

judging by the espn commentary, that wasn't the case. alabama is just the second coming of the new york giants .. geez -- do they realize that everyone is laughing at their hype machine?? michigan at #8 preseason = laughable.

Last edited by a moderator: