• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Week 1 Other Games thread

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Gurley has three touches and 2 TDs right now for UGA including a 100 yard KO return. :shocked:

Also, Gio Bernard is really good. UNC will be a tough out this year. Luckily it will be a home game ;). That stadium is empty.

Travis Hughes looks really good....but it is Elon.

I don't think it will be as much of a home game as you think. Carolina is trying to hype that game, and it is one of only a few big time games we have at home, and might be like our bowl game.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can hear Sidney Poitier singing right now.

Bowling Green

Bowling Green leading Florida at Florida, 7-0, and its no fluke. They are outplaying the Gators.

Sewing Machine.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Becton, Via, Mangus, and Justin Taylor were all high 3* (5.7 on rivals where 5.8 is the start of the 4*) out of NC. McKinnon and Asante are also NC guys that will be contributing in the years ahead. Carlis Parker is from NC and will most likely end up being a 4*. Moss was a pretty good pick up as well. There is a lot of competition for NC's best players because there are so many FBS football programs in NC, and the in-state loyalty is strong. Could we do better? Sure. But it's not quite as bleak as you paint it.

Most of the guys you mentioned are of the sleeper variety. Parker has to be the only 4 star guy out of the state that we've gotten. And yes I'm going to go ahead and call him a 4 star because it's only a matter of time. But my point is that whenever there's a lot of competition for a NC player VT doesn't seem to come out on top

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the guys you mentioned are of the sleeper variety. Parker has to be the only 4 star guy out of the state that we've gotten. And yes I'm going to go ahead and call him a 4 star because it's only a matter of time. But my point is that whenever there's a lot of competition for a NC player VT doesn't seem to come out on top

since when is a rivals 5.7 rating the rating of a sleeper? Please. The only sleeper that I mentioned was Asante.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm talking about offer lists not ratings. If the offer list isn't huge then I consider them a sleeper because college coaches are sleeping on them

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Duke Johnson for Miami 3 rushes for 65 yards. He's probably the real deal but Shane Morris the QB 11/15 for only 71 yards as I type this. Have to be easy dink and dunk throws and he's already thrown a pick. He stinks

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Stefon Diggs 2 catches for 14 yards and it's in the 3rd Quarter against William & Mary. Can't look good when your QB and team are godawful. Good choice idiot I hope he's enjoying those freebies they threw at him to get him to go there

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but Duke Johnson already looks like he's gonna be really good

Duke Johnson will be a beast at Miami. Check out his highschool highlights if you get a chance. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Williams.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clemson v auburn on now, hope clemson wins, rep the acc. want them as highly ranked as possible when we beat then this season

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please. Becton, Via, Mangus, and Taylor all had good offer lists, including teams like Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, South Carolina, Notre Dame, etc.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So either Florida really sucks or Bowling Green might not be as easy a game as we expected. UF struggled quite awhile with them

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clemson's lines look pretty good. That's going to be a tough game

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ray Graham is already back for Pitt and doing ok but they're losing to Youngstown St anyway. Herbstreit's pick for them to win the Big East looks a little off

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So either Florida really sucks or Bowling Green might not be as easy a game as we expected. UF struggled quite awhile with them

BGSU looked pretty good I thought but not sure UF is all that great either. They may end up being our best OOC opponent. In the meantime, Peay is getting destroyed 28-0 by West. Kentucky (not even the half) and Pitt is losing to Youngstown St. 21-10 (almost the 4th). Sheesh!

dngrcnnn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure wish we had Maryland and BC this year. Good god. In related news, this may be Dukes year to go bowling.