• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial thread of a fat HH.........

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have time fer a full time job, nor could i get a decent one.. but at least i dont live with me parents :dance:

And HH, nothin wrong with it, just wouldnt be a snack fer me

and fellers, i still eat 3 meals a day, dadburnit.. just eat more at night

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have time fer a full time job, nor could i get a decent one.. but at least i dont live with me parents :dance:

And HH, nothin wrong with it, just wouldnt be a snack fer me

and fellers, i still eat 3 meals a day, dadburnit.. just eat more at night

chuck is in high school still.........why are you picking on him?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I eat really cheap.

Breakfast: I make a batch of approx 4" diameter pancakes and 3 (2 egg, 2 sliced link sausage, salsa, and cheese) breakfast burritos. I freeze the pancakes in stacks of three (ziplock sandwich baggie) and reheat approx 45 secs in the microwave. I wrap the burritos in saran wrap and they reheat in about a minute and a half. I alternate pancakes one day, burrito the next.

Lunch: Brown bag cold cut sandwich, chips or cheese-its, a couple cookies or a little debbie, and a can of pop. I'll change up with a couple hot dogs on occasion, or some leftovers.

Dinner: I make soups, casseroles, roasts, spaggeties, and freeze what I don't eat in tupperware to reheat. I've litterally got 10 different meals in my freezer right now. I buy chicken, ground beef, chops, steaks by the family pack and divide up to freeze when I get home. Last week I bought a 10 lb bag of frozen pollock fillets at Bag and Save for $8. There were 20 nice fillets in the bag.

I rarely eat out. If I do it's with the kids.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is taking an evening or weekend day to make your meals for the week. Then you don't have to eat fast food.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will usually have peanut butter toast and milk or juice for breakfast, leftovers from the previous night for lunch and whatever isis makes for dinner.

Fast food maybe once every couple of weeks but irule is right. the easiest way to cut down on your spending is don't buy lunch.

$6-$7 a day times 5 is $30 -$35 a week is $1500 - $1750 a year.

I could save more not buying bourbon but I did say the easiest way to save money :D

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as I have a full-time job like I do and after paying rent, electricity, water, internet, cable.......I still have a good amount left over..........I'm jest plain gonna eat however I feel to be honest fellas......

Eating is one of the most enjoyable things that thee good Lerd created in my opinion.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as I have a full-time job like I do and after paying rent, electricity, water, internet, cable.......I still have a good amount left over..........I'm jest plain gonna eat however I feel to be honest fellas......

Eating is one of the most enjoyable things that thee good Lerd created in my opinion.

I agree with that. That is basically how I feel about spending my money on anything. When it comes to spending it on going out to eat though I would rather it be taking the family out for steak and potatoes rather than 1/4 pounder and fries for me every day.

And them leftovers for lunch is some pretty good eatin' too.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously really look forward to the weekends because I know it = time to relax and enjoy a nice meal that I don't have to cook.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I eat really cheap.

Breakfast: I make a batch of approx 4" diameter pancakes and 3 (2 egg, 2 sliced link sausage, salsa, and cheese) breakfast burritos. I freeze the pancakes in stacks of three (ziplock sandwich baggie) and reheat approx 45 secs in the microwave. I wrap the burritos in saran wrap and they reheat in about a minute and a half. I alternate pancakes one day, burrito the next.

Lunch: Brown bag cold cut sandwich, chips or cheese-its, a couple cookies or a little debbie, and a can of pop. I'll change up with a couple hot dogs on occasion, or some leftovers.

Dinner: I make soups, casseroles, roasts, spaggeties, and freeze what I don't eat in tupperware to reheat. I've litterally got 10 different meals in my freezer right now. I buy chicken, ground beef, chops, steaks by the family pack and divide up to freeze when I get home. Last week I bought a 10 lb bag of frozen pollock fillets at Bag and Save for $8. There were 20 nice fillets in the bag.

I rarely eat out. If I do it's with the kids.

The key is taking an evening or weekend day to make your meals for the week. Then you don't have to eat fast food.

I have a similar system I call the "food cycle." I shop once a month and eat for less than $100.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do ye not starve?!

It's easy.
Breakfast:
Cereal and milk until its gone (5 days), bean and egg breakfast tacos until gone (5 days), migas (5 days), 2 days of fried eggs (2) and grits (eggs all gone now), 2 days of pancakes, 5 days of grits and canned salmon (1 can = 5 days), 4 days of oats and tuna, 2 days of hash browns with beans. 30 days done, cheap.

Lunch:
Ham sandwiches for 6 days (2 sandwiches per day until final day, one then -- loaf of bread and meat now gone), cracker lunch for 6 days (16 crackers per day, with assortment of cheese, tomato, olives, peanut butter, sauerkraut), 3 days chili (one can mixed with one can beans = 3 bowls) with crackers and salad, 3 days soup (can of soup + can of beans = 3 bowls), 4 days black bean burritos (2 per day). Then I start doubling up with my dinner dishes, eating it twice per day, one at lunch, one at dinner.

Dinner (always make big batch to eat for 4 days (or 2 days once the double up starts):
Stir fry vegs with sausage over rice
Hopping john (blackeyed peas, onions, tomatoes, browned ground beef over rice. With greens (collards, turnips or mustards)
Stir fry again over pasta.
2-3 Consecutive Hopping john variations (different beans, meat and add peas sometimes), always with greens.
Spaghetti with beef sauce, spinach.
Close with "bachelor slop," which is a pack of fettucini alfredo mixed with 2 cans tuna and some frozen peas, side of frozen mixed vegs.

Snack on lots of carrots, celery (pb), crackers, and a few cheap frozen dinners each month. Extras left from fixing other dishes (cheese, tortillas...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do ye not starve?!

You stock up on non-parishables when they're on sale. Use coupons in conjunction with adds. Pay attention to seasonal sales.

Butter goes on sale for holidays (it's to get you into the store). I'll buy 10/ 1lb boxes and throw them in the freezer (that's 4 months worth). Do the same w/ sugar/flour.

As an example, I've got a years worth of name brand pastas bought at under 50 cents a package or less.

Spaghetti
Angel Hair
Fettuccini
Elbow

I buy the 5lb logs of Ground Beef when on sale and divide it up into 1lb portions and put in freezer bags. Same with chicken, chops, roasts, steaks. Buy the family packs, divide them up and freeze them.

I bought 5 2.5lb Corned Beefs for $3 ea on St Paddy's (when they are on sale)

About the only thing I have on my grocery list routinely is milk and fresh produce.

Pop goes on sale for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day. I buy cases of cans and at least 10 2 liter bottles to get me in between the holidays.
Eggs go on sale Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter. Eggs keep well so I'll buy 4 18 packs and make breakfast burritos (to freeze) for 2 months.

I buy popcorn in the 1lb bag for under $1.50 and pop it in my air popper. 1 bag lasts me months @ 1/2 cup per popping. That microwave stuff (3 bags per box, $4 per box) is no better and is a waste of money for convenience.

Another key to keeping the grocery bill down is not to impulse buy. If it's not on my list I generally don't buy it unless I know it's a good buy.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy.
Breakfast:
Cereal and milk until its gone (5 days), bean and egg breakfast tacos until gone (5 days), migas (5 days), 2 days of fried eggs (2) and grits (eggs all gone now), 2 days of pancakes, 5 days of grits and canned salmon (1 can = 5 days), 4 days of oats and tuna, 2 days of hash browns with beans. 30 days done, cheap.

Lunch:
Ham sandwiches for 6 days (2 sandwiches per day until final day, one then -- loaf of bread and meat now gone), cracker lunch for 6 days (16 crackers per day, with assortment of cheese, tomato, olives, peanut butter, sauerkraut), 3 days chili (one can mixed with one can beans = 3 bowls) with crackers and salad, 3 days soup (can of soup + can of beans = 3 bowls), 4 days black bean burritos (2 per day). Then I start doubling up with my dinner dishes, eating it twice per day, one at lunch, one at dinner.

Dinner (always make big batch to eat for 4 days (or 2 days once the double up starts):
Stir fry vegs with sausage over rice
Hopping john (blackeyed peas, onions, tomatoes, browned ground beef over rice. With greens (collards, turnips or mustards)
Stir fry again over pasta.
2-3 Consecutive Hopping john variations (different beans, meat and add peas sometimes), always with greens.
Spaghetti with beef sauce, spinach.
Close with "bachelor slop," which is a pack of fettucini alfredo mixed with 2 cans tuna and some frozen peas, side of frozen mixed vegs.

Snack on lots of carrots, celery (pb), crackers, and a few cheap frozen dinners each month. Extras left from fixing other dishes (cheese, tortillas...)

LOL rep..

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go on and on about how to keep the grocery bill down.

The reason the milk is all the way in the back is because they know you need it once a week and you'll have to walk past a bunch of stuff. BUY ME BUY ME YUMMY YUMMY I"M STARVING.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do ye not starve?!

You stock up on non-parishables when they're on sale. Use coupons in conjunction with adds. Pay attention to seasonal sales.

Butter goes on sale for holidays (it's to get you into the store). I'll buy 10/ 1lb boxes and throw them in the freezer (that's 4 months worth). Do the same w/ sugar/flour.

As an example, I've got a years worth of name brand pastas bought at under 50 cents a package or less.

Spaghetti
Angel Hair
Fettuccini
Elbow

I buy the 5lb logs of Ground Beef when on sale and divide it up into 1lb portions and put in freezer bags. Same with chicken, chops, roasts, steaks. Buy the family packs, divide them up and freeze them.

I bought 5 2.5lb Corned Beefs for $3 ea on St Paddy's (when they are on sale)

About the only thing I have on my grocery list routinely is milk and fresh produce.

Pop goes on sale for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day. I buy cases of cans and at least 10 2 liter bottles to get me in between the holidays.
Eggs go on sale Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter. Eggs keep well so I'll buy 4 18 packs and make breakfast burritos (to freeze) for 2 months.

I buy popcorn in the 1lb bag for under $1.50 and pop it in my air popper. 1 bag lasts me months @ 1/2 cup per popping. That microwave stuff (3 bags per box, $4 per box) is no better and is a waste of money for convenience.

Another key to keeping the grocery bill down is not to impulse buy. If it's not on my list I generally don't buy it unless I know it's a good buy.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but..............RA you're the richest guy here............why don't you just buy whatever you want?!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the fuck did I make two identical posts?

:noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but..............RA you're the richest guy here............why don't you just buy whatever you want?!

pshh

That's just it. I do get whatever I want. I just do it cheaply.