• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: tOfficial RRSO thread

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The OU offense only mustered up a TD setup off a kick return. Without that, its highly suspect they even see the endzone the entire game. So yes, the offense was a very REAL problem. Not sure how this is even a debate.

You are correct, the OU offense didn't get off the bus, maybe they did, but it was a short bus.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that both Oklahoma and Texas are almost unranked. OU plays aTm and gets leveled. Texas plays Ole Miss and gets leveled.

Certainly not the good ol' days for Mack or Bob.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Greg Robinson had been the DC during training camp, the Longhorns would be 6-0.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Greg Robinson had been the DC during training camp, the Longhorns would be 6-0.
Can't believe this but I actually agree with Charlie on something. Robinson did a good job stopping the bleeding after Manny Diaz poked holes all over the defense.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont believe that. Defense was brutal vs ISU. Can not really explain this game. Feel like the players finally looked at the man in the mirror. Time will tell. Robinson is running a very high risk defense. It is not a coincidence that this defense has looked terrible when faced with competent Qb play. I do like that he schemes to take the strength away. I am still worried about how they hold up vs multiple offenses

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, this was probably a big "Win one for the Gipper" game that Mack laid out there. Let's see if this is the same in 2 weeks.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe that. Defense was brutal vs ISU. Can not really explain this game. Feel like the players finally looked at the man in the mirror. Time will tell. Robinson is running a very high risk defense. It is not a coincidence that this defense has looked terrible when faced with competent Qb play. I do like that he schemes to take the strength away. I am still worried about how they hold up vs multiple offenses

What I like is I didn't see the big mistakes we've seen the last few years......guys out of position, no gap integrity, falling for double moves on the outside.......

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense will continue to improve as the players trust each other to make the plays. GR only had 10 days to alter the defense after Diaz was fired. He had 20 days for the OU game. It will be 34 days for the TCU game.

AFA the high risk defense I really don't know what you mean. GR's defense played to stop the run and had the DBs play man-to-man. They covered the corners and forced the RBs inside and that enabled gang tackling.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have crow to eat. I posted somewhere that Texas was gonna get destroyed. Sorry Horn fans.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also helped the defense when the offense ran the ball and played uptempo. 60 rushes and 21 passes. Texas won the possession battle 35:15 to 24:45.
OU replacements at NT and LB got pushed around by the oLine and the fast offensive tempo tired the OU defense.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense will continue to improve as the players trust each other to make the plays. GR only had 10 days to alter the defense after Diaz was fired. He had 20 days for the OU game. It will be 34 days for the TCU game.

AFA the high risk defense I really don't know what you mean. GR's defense played to stop the run and had the DBs play man-to-man. They covered the corners and forced the RBs inside and that enabled gang tackling.

Exactly. Man to man on the outside with alot of 0 or 1 coverage. Rarelt will you see a 2 deep safety look. Texasvis daring teams to throw deep on them. I am still nervous to see what happens vs capable QBs. The one thing to support you, is without Diaz I think the staff is not waring with each other

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this game super close to Oklahoma? Ive always found it odd that this is considered a neutral site game when it is IN Texas and DURING TEXAS STATE FAIR.

But that is the political pull of Texas in the Big12.

Do some research. This game has been played at the Cotton Bowl since the 30's, looooooong before the Big 12 was formed, so it has nothing to do with "the political pull of Texas". Also, Norman is closer to Dallas than Austin is. Then throw in the fact that the Sooners love to play this game in Dallas b/c of recruiting purposes and the D/FW area has the largest contingent of OU alumni.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Those last 3 are what scare me.

The last 3 games are the real reason why @TCU next is HUGE! We will beat Kansas and WVU following next week. TCU is what gives us a chance to be 6-0 in the Big 12 going into the last 3 brutal weeks.

Beat TCU and we are likely 7-2 (6-0 Big 12), and possibly even ranked again.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have crow to eat. I posted somewhere that Texas was gonna get destroyed. Sorry Horn fans.

No worries, we thought we were going to get embarrassed, too. The team you saw yesterday is the team we have been looking for. I had a nice serving of crow, but this crow I don't mind eating!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like is I didn't see the big mistakes we've seen the last few years......guys out of position, no gap integrity, falling for double moves on the outside.......

I notice nobody is mentioning the other "thing" about why this defense played great, other than they actually TACKLED!!! Hate to say it, but Adrian Phillips getting hurt helped big time. The guy is one of the worst safeties that has ever played at the 40 Acres. Takes bad angles, can't tackle and can't cover. That Scott kid filled in just fine, IMO.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way this team would be 6-0 with Phillips at safety and Edmunds at LB. Edmunds is just terrible.