• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Night Shift Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty Kuntz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured squash would work...and don't citrus fruits have dietary fiber? I had a potato for dinner too because starches are heavy.
What else did you eat with the squash? I'd probably add some leafy greens to the mix (if you haven't already).

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, I have bad ankles and a bad knee, and I'm still out there. You can do it!

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, I have bad ankles and a bad knee, and I'm still out there. You can do it!

Have you had a traumatic knee injury and a surgery that merely cleaned up the loose bits in your knee instead of repairing the damage?

If you have a bad knee, do an elliptical

Walking to the gym takes me half an hour. Then an hour's workout, then a half-hour walk back comes to a total of two hours. I don't have blocks of time like that to spare.

Rusty Kuntz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 6:30, I generally have fruit around 9-10 as "dessert".
Try adding a little more fiber to your diet and see if that helps with cravings, especially later at night. When I was competing, I would eat 3000+ calories no problem and still be hungry at night like I'd had eaten anything. We had a team nutritionist that looked at my "food journal" and she told me that I wasn't getting nearly as much fiber as I should have.

Disney Plorster

Taco Salad is not a salad
Hoopla Cash
$ 10.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try adding a little more fiber to your diet and see if that helps with cravings, especially later at night. When I was competing, I would eat 3000+ calories no problem and still be hungry at night like I'd had eaten anything. We had a team nutritionist that looked at my "food journal" and she told me that I wasn't getting nearly as much fiber as I should have.

Fiber makes you poop though.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I've been eating oranges and bananas, as well as peas, potatoes, broccoli, and raw carrots, which are all things the Mayo Clinic recommends...

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you had a traumatic knee injury and a surgery that merely cleaned up the loose bits in your knee instead of repairing the damage?

Walking to the gym takes me half an hour. Then an hour's workout, then a half-hour walk back comes to a total of two hours. I don't have blocks of time like that to spare.

Point taken, but you still have to exercise, especially cardio. You can still swim and perhaps spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.