• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised he went this early. Did anyone else notice that Kiper had LeMichael James as his #2 RB after Richardson? What the hell is he thinking.

Product of the system. Almost everyone averaged 6-7 yds a carry for Oregon last year

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised he went this early. Did anyone else notice that Kiper had LeMichael James as his #2 RB after Richardson? What the hell is he thinking.

I've come to learn that the espn talking heads don't know anything. Doug Martin was taken as the #2 RB (by TB I believe, don't remember, kinda drunk). Walter Football has been calling for the Gnats to take DW for several weeks now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for DW, but the Giants...ew. Not a fan of theirs. I'll root for DW to put up awesome numbers yet somehow the Giants lose all their games.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree, except i hope they beat Dallas twice, and depending on Philly's record, i hope the G-men beat them too.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that..But DW what the hell are you thinking?? The G-Men?? Kidding, Kidding (even though I did get a little upchuck in my mouth). Coulda been worse, coulda been part of the cowpies organization. Congrats to Wilson. I think he will do well there...

And as far as the talking heads go..Mel is a dumbass, McShay isn't far behind. They should know by now that after the first pick or two, throw it all out the window. It is comical that they sound (especially Mel) like they are better at scouting players than actual NFL scouts are. Oh well..guess they are getting paid to do that. I prefer Mayock myself..

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Congrats to DW!

I know most of us hate the Giants. However, those of us in the NFC East coverage area will get to see DW more throughout the year. I hardly ever get to see the Hokies playing out West.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one things Cowgirl fans and Skins fans can agree on.

Moving to DMV I have seen more of these stickers than actual Redskin stickers.

redskins-facepalm.jpg

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, so after last years draft, i gave up being a Giants fan in favor of the Ravens...go figure that the Giants then win a super bowl and pick up David Wilson....i guess the G-men are still my #2

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized Eddie Royal is playing for the Chargers. I could have sworn I read that he'd been traded to the Redskins. Did I imagine that?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized Eddie Royal is playing for the Chargers. I could have sworn I read that he'd been traded to the Redskins. Did I imagine that?

i remember that, i think the deal fell through for some reason or another

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never could agree on a contract. You do have Josh Morgan though.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Giants fans will be very pleased with David Wilson. Wilson can also return kicks, and has a great set of hands!

Can't wait to see Wilson isolated on an LB while running a wheel route! Manning to Wilson has a nice ring to it. Just hope it's not against the Skins.

I'm also interested in what products he (or his agent) decides to endorse....very marketable guy.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Disney:

What he brings: An explosive back with excellent top-end speed and runs with great determination. However, Wilson needs to improve in terms of vision, patience and ball security. In addition, Wilson is not a natural receiver and lacks versatility, considering his size.

How he fits: This has a little bit of the feel of a reach pick at a position of need, which isn't really the Giants' way of doing things. Without Brandon Jacobs and with question marks around Ahmad Bradshaw's health and ability to carry the load, the need is for a guy with a complete skill set. While Wilson has good all-around skills, he doesn't dazzle you with power as a runner and he doesn't dazzle you in the passing game. He looks more like a complementary back in an offense that would really like to get back to pounding the ball and controlling the clock.

I am still a little confused as to all the bad pub DW gets for not being able to catch. I really don't remember him having many issues in college with drops at all. In fact, I think he made some pretty outstanding catches at times. I would also not discount kick returns as a knock on his 'versatility'

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Even the guys last night were saying he has good hands out of the backfield and will be able to be lined up in a bunch of different places

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am still a little confused as to all the bad pub DW gets for not being able to catch. I really don't remember him having many issues in college with drops at all. In fact, I think he made some pretty outstanding catches at times. I would also not discount kick returns as a knock on his 'versatility'

In regards to the stuff posted by the Disney "experts" I agree with the part about Wilson needing "to improve in terms of vision, patience and ball security". There were many times he flat-out missed the hole and ran smack into the pile when it was clear that he had a hole to run through to the left or right. Fumbling will cost him much more at the next level than it did at Tech...he really needs to work on that.

I'm also puzzled by the comment that "Wilson is not a natural receiver and lacks versatility, considering his size." What the heck does that mean? Did this guy watch any film of Wilson on kick returns and catching the ball downfield? I'm also curious how Wilson "doesn't dazzle you with power as a runner" when he had 990 yards after the first contact, tops in the NCAA in 2011.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the stuff posted by the Disney "experts" I agree with the part about Wilson needing "to improve in terms of vision, patience and ball security". There were many times he flat-out missed the hole and ran smack into the pile when it was clear that he had a hole to run through to the left or right. Fumbling will cost him much more at the next level than it did at Tech...he really needs to work on that.

I'm also puzzled by the comment that "Wilson is not a natural receiver and lacks versatility, considering his size." What the heck does that mean? Did this guy watch any film of Wilson on kick returns and catching the ball downfield? I'm also curious how Wilson "doesn't dazzle you with power as a runner" when he had 990 yards after the first contact, tops in the NCAA in 2011.

Yeah they're right about the vision thing; if it was better, I'd say he is right up there with Trent Richardson. It is hilarious that they are talking about him not being physical, though. He doesn't seem like it because he isn't a fatass or chode, but he is just as powerful as anyone. Ohhhh Disney

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we heard was about Trent Richardson's power and ability to run through defenders but DW had more YAContact (stated in post above) and broken tackles.