• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbass. He always did look high

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Glazer‏@JayGlazerReply
NFL teams were informed this week of 2 more players of note who have flunked drug tests: ASU LB Vontaze Burfict and Va Tech CB JayRon Hosley

Jay Glazer‏@JayGlazer
Hosley, a well-regarded CB prospect, wrote a letter to teams apologizing and for Burfict it stands as yet another mark against him

WOW. That is really stupid. Can't you lay off the gonja a little while longer man.

And Burfict?? I have been saying that he would be a great 6-7-UFA pick for the Skins because he is an exceptional talent whose stock has plummeted from a 1st/2nd rounder to possibly undrafted. I figure if he could play behind THE PREMIER ILB in the game..he may get his ass straightened out. I think this seals the deal with him. Would be surprised if he gets drafted at this point.

As far as Jayron goes...that bong hit may cost him a little bit of guaranteed money as well....:crazy:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't understand why these guys don't anticipate these drug tests in advance or just fess up to start with. There will be some backlash, but I don't think most teams would really look down on a player who admitted to smoking some pot. A little less money yes, but better than lying and failing the test. With enough charm and creativity, a rare prospect might actually turn it into some sort of life lesson positive.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon-to-Be NFL I suppose

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't mind if they took him with their 3rd or 4th round pick..that's still a pretty decent value, pothead or not...

Yep. We need secondary help. COME ON DOWN JAYRON!

PS: Weed is such a bullshit drug-test positive. Steroids? yea... Amphetamines? ok... Weed? Really? We still care about people smoking weed? Because they're buying all of the frozen pizzas and you can't get one?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking jayron, come on. with as much money riding on it as these guy have, i will never understand why they can't just put the bong or blunt down for a few months

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fucking jayron, come on. with as much money riding on it as these guy have, i will never understand why they can't just put the bong or blunt down for a few months

It doesn't even have to be that long...THC can be detected in the system up to 13 days. If you can't stay away from the reefer madness for two+ weeks to lock up a LARGE amount of money then you really do need to seek help.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jayron already goofed by not staying with the program for another year, and now he really goofed.

Way to minimize your value.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with 46. It won't hurt him that bad, he may slip to the 4th..VERY worse case scenario IMO, but still it is the principal of the matter. You have to be wondering what kind of people he is hanging around with to lead him into doing that. You absolutely have to know it is coming. Kirkpatrick actually got busted for possession but he will only fall 10 spots...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't even have to be that long...THC can be detected in the system up to 13 days. If you can't stay away from the reefer madness for two+ weeks to lock up a LARGE amount of money then you really do need to seek help.

Actually it is more like 30 days., that's if you have low metabolism, eat 5 whoppers a day, and are completely out of shape and overweight. I would bet that Jayron probably smoked 3-4 days before the whiz quiz...max, and probably a little more than a bong hit or two. He had to be sweating like a whore in church.

Alot of the basis of drug tests depend on the amount of THC that comes up as a positive. I assume it is a urinalysis..if they do blood or hair follical tests..well that changes everything...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Serious question:

I wonder how many guys that play at colorado, usc, ucla, cal, etc have access to quasi-legal marijuana and how that is viewed by coaches, admin, the ncaa, and the NFL.

BTW: I was in a doctors office for hours the other day and read two interesting articles on the subject (both from espn the magazine).

NCF - Oregon Ducks don't deny the drug culture in Eugene - ESPN The Magazine - ESPN

^ this one is about oregon

http://espn.go.com/college-football...one-many-elite-college-programs-espn-magazine

^Higher education

BTW the same edition of that ESPN the magazine had a really good read about RG3 that ill try and post in the OT thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hosley failed a drug test for weed, I doubt many NFL teams care all that much. Half their rosters would fail for weed if they tested them like their suppose to.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hosley failed a drug test for weed, I doubt many NFL teams care all that much. Half their rosters would fail for weed if they tested them like their suppose to.

Pretty stupid of him. Yes, half the NFL does it, but when you know you have to take a drug test just don't smoke weed for 2 months.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Todd McShay has Danny going to the Ravens. Would love to see Tyrod supplant Flacco and toss it to Danny all game long. If that happens, I may have to become a fan of the Ravens. :L