• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney experts crack me up sometimes. You can tell with some of them the only research they do is looking at a players statistics and size. Probably think he's not physical because he doesn't weigh 225 like Trent Richardson. Probably also think he isn't a receiving threat because his receiving stats are low.

Maybe if they dug a little further they would realize 1) he lead the NCAA in YAC (yards after contact) and 2) his speed and ability in the open field makes him a huge receiving threat....

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that DW has more "upside" (there's that word again) than Trent Richardson does personally. Not taking anything away from Trent Richardson -- at this time, he is definitely a better all-round back than DW but athletically speaking, DW is more gifted. He has as much power as TR, is faster, and is more versatile. If he can improve his vision, fix his ball security issues, and quit doing stupid shit like running backwards, he can be a better back than TR.

That being said, I HAVE TO BELIEVE that David Wilson's character is what sealed the deal and got him into the 1st round. Coughlin isn't a big fan of thugs, regardless of how good they are...reminds me of Parcells

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broslap_medium.gif

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DW definitely has a lot of upside. I don't really get the concerns about pass catching... he seems to have good hands, and they can teach route running, etc. I can see what they mean about ball security, but that can be fixed. I have to believe he'll learn patience under Coughlin. What would concern me if I was an NFL GM is his vision... I don't know how you teach that.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
DW definitely has a lot of upside. I don't really get the concerns about pass catching... he seems to have good hands, and they can teach route running, etc. I can see what they mean about ball security, but that can be fixed. I have to believe he'll learn patience under Coughlin. What would concern me if I was an NFL GM is his vision... I don't know how you teach that.

Honestly, I think one scout saw his lack of catches and assumed he was bad at pass catching. And the rest just copy and paste that same sentiment. I thought him and Ryan Williams were very good at catching the ball while here.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That reaction is all you need to know. The Giants fans can be total assholes but can also be somewhat savvy football fans. More often than not, they hate their first round pick. If they like the pick, you must be a pretty darn good player.

And that's Disney quote is just garbage. Did they even watch any of Wilson's games? I realize their scouts have hundreds of guys to watch and don't know him as well as we do since we watch every game DW has ever played in, but that assessment is barely even accurate. Here's my scouting report on DW. You guys can see who's more accurate: Me or Disney

Pros:
- Ridiculous athlete, good top speed, quick changing directions
- Never goes down after first hit, always keeps the legs moving and falls forward
- Fantastic in space; good catching the pass though wasn't utilized much in his college system as a receiver
- Outstanding character on and off the field

Cons
-Trusts his athleticism a little too much; gets into trouble going East/West
-Some ball security issues; aware of it and can be corrected if coached properly
- Ok blocking, but could use a little improvement

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Richardson is nowhere near worthy of the 3rd pick. That's a spot for a complete player. He's too stiff and is not very elusive. No juke

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson is nowhere near worthy of the 3rd pick. That's a spot for a complete player. He's too stiff and is not very elusive. No juke

Are you for real? That poor ole miss player and LSU's #1 defense beg to differ.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are you for real? That poor ole miss player and LSU's #1 defense beg to differ.

That was 1 play. It's not typical of him because he's mostly a straight ahead runner and I repeat stiff. Can you show me any others? LSU had him bottled up for the most part and anyway I don't remember anything in the LSU game that refutes my statement

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disney didn't know what exum's name was.

that's really all you need to know about disney.

(watch nbcsports, its better. or at least, it will be soon.)

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was 1 play. It's not typical of him because he's mostly a straight ahead runner and I repeat stiff. Can you show me any others? LSU had him bottled up for the most part and anyway I don't remember anything in the LSU game that refutes my statement

Completely disagree. TR is a stud and probably will be a top 5 RB in the NFL in his second year..great pick by Cleveland. Not really sure why they moved up 1 spot..and gave away 2 more picks to do it. I thought I heard the Jets were gonna try to move up. Damn, the Vikings made out like a bandit...So did the Rams

Btw...when is Jayron gonna get picked up? He is slipping hard

Somewhat OT.... Love the way Gruden is ripping Kiper's ass. Mel is an idiot...

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Miller is still on the board?!?!? Wow! Would DW have slipped this far had the Giants taken Miller instead of DW?