• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make this a more serious topic... but...

Jury finds for two Virginia Tech victims' families in lawsuit - CNN.com

Not sure I agree. Not sure any university could prepare for what happened.

I guess they could have sent out some more warnings. But honestly, what good does suing the school do? "Vindication has come". How exactly does money make the murderer feel more guilty? I might seem a bit callous about this, but I am so tired of pointless lawsuits.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they could have sent out some more warnings. But honestly, what good does suing the school do? "Vindication has come". How exactly does money make the murderer feel more guilty? I might seem a bit callous about this, but I am so tired of pointless lawsuits.[/QUOTE]

I agree.... I just had to sign and notorize a death/injury liability waiver to buy a circuit board to fix my plasma TV. I guess some dumbass didn't unplug the TV to work on it one day and electricuted himself, so his family decided to sue Panasonic like it was their fault.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess some dumbass didn't unplug the TV to work on it one day and electricuted himself, so his family decided to sue Panasonic like it was their fault.

Social Darwinism Cam.

Ms.VTFF's father is a DC attorney and knows the firm that sued VT. He says a lot of people, and a few of the lawyers, quit because they wanted nothing to do with this case. They saw it as morally unjust and did not want to be associated with it. I say bravo to them.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is going on with Eddie Royal?

Per ESPN Insider:

The dance between free agent WR Eddie Royal and the Washington Redskins on Tuesday afternoon did not yield a contract between the two parties, and thus the former Denver Bronco's job hunting tour continues. According to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, things are looking good that he will sign with the San Diego Chargers.

Going on the idea that he does sign with the Bolts, we imagine that he'll have some role in the return game, but how does he fit in on offense? ESPN AFC West blogger Bill Williamson offers his take:

- Tim Kavanagh

Bill Williamson

I can see why San Diego is interested

"It needs another receiver and the pickings are getting slim. Royal, who was reportedly close to signing with Washington to reunite with former Denver coach Mike Shanahan earlier in free agency, can help as a slot player and as a returner. Royal excelled under Shanahan as a rookie and I think Norv Turner would find a way to make him useful. A rotation of Malcom Floyd, Robert Meachem, Vincent Brown and Royal would be a pretty nice group for Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers to work with."

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't pro day today? No reports yet?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Bitter just tweeted he'd have stuff up soon.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hold on,,, so we're not gonna eddie royal??? WTF! hes from northern virginia and would be a stud right away. dont get it

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...if he goes to the chargers..he's a number 4 reciever at best....skins..he's with his old coach shanny..and at worst the number 3 reciever......seems like common sense to me..

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Hokie, but add former 'Cane Brandon Meriweather to the Skins.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe all the NoVA Hokies + Skins fans need to send Eddie some motivational packages to convince him to sign with Washington.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...chargers...REALLY eddie...REALLY??????

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I'll wish him well wherever he goes.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping his old high school teammate Royster and all the Hokies would convince him to come home, but guess not. Will always cheer for Eddie wherever he is. Easily my favorite non-Redskin in the NFL.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will also cheer for him..as well as all the other hokies (unless they're playing the skins) id have to say my fav non skin hokie would be chancellor...he's a beast

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of questions about James Gayle by the scouts yesterday.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are wondering why Eddie didn't go to Washington? The bigger question is why would he want to go there? Live in DC or San Diego. Just the thought of being a Redskin probably slapped some sense into him.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys are wondering why Eddie didn't go to Washington? The bigger question is why would he want to go there? Live in DC or San Diego. Just the thought of being a Redskin probably slapped some sense into him.

I've lived in the burbs of both cities...I'd much rather live in the San Diego area.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Born and raised in Northern Virginia. Figured that would be a pretty big pull to D.C. It's a big reason why many Hokies end up on the Redskins later in their career.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Daniel Snyder has proved that he is not capable of producing results on the field. Snyder is a great business man, as the Redskins are the highest grossing team in the NFL. Skins have went through 7 head coaches in 13 years of Snyder ownership. Maybe one of these days Snyder will come to the realization that it's not the coaches that are the problem and that he is the one not capable of the job and let someone who is capable take over.