• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Nebraska Basketball Bullshit Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wisconsin loses and then we go undefeated and beat them to end the year, we finish 4th....no?

It gets too confusing trying to go that far. Everything would have to happen just perfect regarding losses involving Iowa, Ohio St, and Wisconsin. There would need to be upsets by teams we expect them to beat.

There is a very outside chance NU could finish as high as 4th, but I think it would be a tie at best and is an unrealistic expectation.

Of course that is with the understanding Nebraska wins 5 of 5.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa's shit just got real tough after having to reschedule their game @ Indiana for next Thursday.

In the next 6 days they've got

Wisconsin.... (Tomorrow)
@ Minnesota (Tuesday)
@ Indiana... (Thursday)

That's like playing a Tournament.

To top that off they play 3 games in 6 days if you start from Tuesday as well.

@ Minnesota (Tuesday)
@ Indiana... (Thursday)
Purdue....... (Sunday)

I figure they'll beat Wisconsin and lose one of those road games. (Probably Indiana)

They're @ Michigan State the following Thursday March 6th.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm just saying....if both Nebraska and Wisconsin are tied in the end for 4th place then Nebraska holds the tie-breaker.

If we win out and Wisconsin loses to Iowa this weekend we should be 4th.

We also hold the tie-breaker over Ohio State beings we beat them in the most recent matchup.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm just saying....if both Nebraska and Wisconsin are tied in the end for 4th place then Nebraska holds the tie-breaker.

If we win out and Wisconsin loses to Iowa this weekend we should be 4th.

We also hold the tie-breaker over Ohio State beings we beat them in the most recent matchup.

NU also holds the tie-breaker against Minnesota, but that doesn't matter as long as the Huskers keep winning. Besides Minnesota's remaining schedule is tough.

I would like to see Minnesota upset Ohio St tomorrow though, that would make things a bit more interesting.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well beings that the selection committee's best friends are saying we can't lose a single game, I guess we're gonna have to win out and finish 12-6 in order to even have a fucking chance in hell of making it........and even then somehow wins over Michigan State on the road, Ohio State, Minnesota, Illinois at home and on the road, and Wisconsin will probabaly not be good enough because we are just little old Nebraska with a weirdo coach who tweets at halftime.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile Minnesota sucks balls and they're right in there

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference tourney hasn't even happened. So what disney wants some Petino schlong. They'll get over it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those selection folks pretty much live and die off of what Joe Lunari says.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those selection folks pretty much live and die off of what Joe Lunari says.

Well if the Huskers are as good a team as I believe they are, what he says ain't gonna mean much. Now, depth hurts and a lot depends on Walter being ready to go so I guess we'll see. Sunday is gonna be fun.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nebraska is top 25 team.

That's right.....I said it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was just looking things over and I decided that I am for Wisconsin tomorrow over Iowa. Here's why.....

Wisconsin is currently ranked #5 in RPI. I want them to stroll into Lincoln ranked as high as they can possibly be to give us a chance to really put an exclamation point on our season.

Right now we literally control our own destiny to getting to 4th in the Conference and a first round bye. Wisconsin is only 1 game ahead of us.....so if we win out then we hold the tie-breaker over them.

If Iowa loses tomorrow it hurts nothing and maybe even gives us about a 1% chance of reaching #3 in the Conference.......if they would lose a couple more of course.....which isn't likely.

Anyways, I see more good in a Wisconsin win tomrrow than an Iowa win. This is strictly off of numbers and odds en all the sech.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would love to beat a #3 or so Wisconsin team to finish the year.

That would surely boost us into a position that could not be ignored by the experts.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I understand where RA is coming from.......if Iowa beats Wisconsin tomorrow and Minny beats Ohio State followed by a Nebraska win over Purdue on Sunday.......then suddenly we are in a tie for 4th right now.

I like the idea of that too.......but I think I like the idea of overtaking a top ranked Wisconsin team to end the season instead.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from USA TODAY:

Q: So, how do you like living in Lincoln and coaching here? What are some of the challenges of taking over a basketball program at a football school like this?

A: Football is our hallmark sport, but to say we're a football school, I would challenge that. How many other Division I schools play the Citadel on December 21st and have 14,000 people show up? Well, Nebraska does. How many people sell out an 8,000-person volleyball arena? Who leads the league in baseball attendance? …

Our fans across the board support you. They're amazing. Certainly, Tom Osborne, Bob Devaney and Bo Pelini are guys that have done a remarkable job building our football brand. We are worldwide. You can go to Europe and bike ride and find an Iron N. There's nothing like it, and football is certainly the impetus for that. But you don't have to peel back the onion very far to find that they support all of us.

I grew up in South Dakota. Most of my brothers, sisters, parents – my parents are three hours away. It's great for them to come down and be able to participate in our home games on a regular basis. My brother says, 'I get to yell at the refs in person instead of yelling at them through the TV.' It's neat. My wife's family is close. It's nice to be close.

Our fans are really great. In Colorado, you walk around in anonymity. You don't do that here in Lincoln.

Coach's Corner: Nebraska's Tim Miles

I believe Coach Miles is here to stay.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from USA TODAY:

Q: So, how do you like living in Lincoln and coaching here? What are some of the challenges of taking over a basketball program at a football school like this?

A: Football is our hallmark sport, but to say we're a football school, I would challenge that. How many other Division I schools play the Citadel on December 21st and have 14,000 people show up? Well, Nebraska does. How many people sell out an 8,000-person volleyball arena? Who leads the league in baseball attendance? …

Our fans across the board support you. They're amazing. Certainly, Tom Osborne, Bob Devaney and Bo Pelini are guys that have done a remarkable job building our football brand. We are worldwide. You can go to Europe and bike ride and find an Iron N. There's nothing like it, and football is certainly the impetus for that. But you don't have to peel back the onion very far to find that they support all of us.

I grew up in South Dakota. Most of my brothers, sisters, parents – my parents are three hours away. It's great for them to come down and be able to participate in our home games on a regular basis. My brother says, 'I get to yell at the refs in person instead of yelling at them through the TV.' It's neat. My wife's family is close. It's nice to be close.
Our fans are really great. In Colorado, you walk around in anonymity. You don't do that here in Lincoln.

Coach's Corner: Nebraska's Tim Miles

I believe Coach Miles is here to stay.

I've been trying to tell bigred472 that. But he'd rather talk about Bo Pelini, the disparity in Yori and Cook's salary, and how fast Miles will jump ship to go coach a blue-blood for big bucks.

Miles is very close to his community friends in S. Dakota as well. They literally come down by the bus load to watch him coach. He's a hero up there.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was just looking things over and I decided that I am for Wisconsin tomorrow over Iowa. Here's why.....

Wisconsin is currently ranked #5 in RPI. I want them to stroll into Lincoln ranked as high as they can possibly be to give us a chance to really put an exclamation point on our season.

Right now we literally control our own destiny to getting to 4th in the Conference and a first round bye. Wisconsin is only 1 game ahead of us.....so if we win out then we hold the tie-breaker over them.

If Iowa loses tomorrow it hurts nothing and maybe even gives us about a 1% chance of reaching #3 in the Conference.......if they would lose a couple more of course.....which isn't likely.

Anyways, I see more good in a Wisconsin win tomrrow than an Iowa win. This is strictly off of numbers and odds en all the sech.

Yeah I'm with you.

Now that Minnesota lost to Illinois and are 1.5 games behind Nebraska it doesn't matter as much who loses behind Nebraska. As long as the Huskers keep winning they'll keep that lead and the 6th spot minimum.

If Nebraska doesn't keep winning they'll be toast regarding the dance anyway.

Time to start rooting for teams ahead of them to lose. I agree with the Wisconsin assessment. Nebraska still plays them and controls their win/loss record.

Rooting for Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Indiana today.