• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Divish replying to comments he made in an article about the 4 worst players he dealt with when they were Mariners. This reply was about Danny Valencia.

Replying

It's pretty much what it means. He's horrible human being. It's a consensus around baseball

I am waiting to hear back on why Jeremy Reed was on his list. Kotchman and Figgins were the other two, but I didn't feel the need to ask about them. I think it was general knowledge they were both jerks.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting to hear back on why Jeremy Reed was on his list. Kotchman and Figgins were the other two, but I didn't feel the need to ask about them. I think it was general knowledge they were both jerks.

I couldn't get much out of him. He kept telling me he has spoken about it on podcasts locally and I have never taken the time to listen to those. I asked him if it was because Reed was spoiled and/or entitled and he said, "Sure". Obviously there is more there.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't get much out of him. He kept telling me he has spoken about it on podcasts locally and I have never taken the time to listen to those. I asked him if it was because Reed was spoiled and/or entitled and he said, "Sure". Obviously there is more there.

I guess if you bug him enough he will spill the beans.

Replying

He was just a dick to everyone and particularly me on multiple occasions to the point where I was happy to see him wash out of baseball

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you bug him enough he will spill the beans.

Replying

He was just a dick to everyone and particularly me on multiple occasions to the point where I was happy to see him wash out of baseball

I would say it was spoiled, I know Root at one point stopped interviewing him cause he interviewed like a child at times

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it was spoiled, I know Root at one point stopped interviewing him cause he interviewed like a child at times

I didn't realize he is the Angels hitting coach. I guess Divish gets to see him several times a year. That must be fun.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Divish replying to comments he made in an article about the 4 worst players he dealt with when they were Mariners. This reply was about Danny Valencia.

Replying

It's pretty much what it means. He's horrible human being. It's a consensus around baseball

I don’t know the whole story or really any one incident but every I know or have listened to have all said he was a terrible dude to them. I’ll give Figgins a little bit of a pass because the stars aligned to make him terrible for the organization and fans. Don’t know much about Kotchman, but who was the crazy dude who they signed who said dinosaurs weren’t real? I remember writers saying they were actually scared of that dude.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant believe he's still allowed to work major league games

The whole umpire union/MLB relationship is the most jacked relationship in any of the 3 major American sports. Until this new tinkering with robotic umpires or using new technology there isn’t anything that can be done. Umps get treated better by MLB than the MLBPA does and I’ve always wondered why the MLBPA has put up with that.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but who was the crazy dude who they signed who said dinosaurs weren’t real? I remember writers saying they were actually scared of that dude.

Not 100% sure, but think it was Scott Spiezio.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 100% sure, but think it was Scott Spiezio.

Spiezio would’ve been a perfect guy for the 90’s Seattle music scene not so much the new millennium. It wasn’t him, I’m too lazy to look it up but it was a black player who came in with a bad reputation then said he didn’t believe dinosaurs really existed or something along those lines. I just remember hearing stories of writers and media members were legitimately scared to interview the guy.

Was Bedard on that list? I heard he was a Dbag to deal with too.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiezio would’ve been a perfect guy for the 90’s Seattle music scene not so much the new millennium. It wasn’t him, I’m too lazy to look it up but it was a black player who came in with a bad reputation then said he didn’t believe dinosaurs really existed or something along those lines. I just remember hearing stories of writers and media members were legitimately scared to interview the guy.

Carl Everett - 1 yr, $3 million: After Edgar Martinez retired, the Mariners should have petitioned to move to the National League to avoid what would become an ongoing DH conundrum. Carl Everett was the first of many strikeouts the team has made since Edgar went onto the Hall of Fame campaigning trail. Outside of not believing in the existence of dinosaurs, being an outspoken homophobe, and questioning the lunar landing, Everett was also a terrible hitter.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I actually heard he wasn't all that bad while in Seattle. I would love to sit down with Divish and get the whole say top 10 list, but he only mentioned Figgins, Kotchman, Reed, and Valencia.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spiezio had the drug and alcohol problem. Got cut by Cards after M's when he had 6 warrants issued for him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl Everett - 1 yr, $3 million: After Edgar Martinez retired, the Mariners should have petitioned to move to the National League to avoid what would become an ongoing DH conundrum. Carl Everett was the first of many strikeouts the team has made since Edgar went onto the Hall of Fame campaigning trail. Outside of not believing in the existence of dinosaurs, being an outspoken homophobe, and questioning the lunar landing, Everett was also a terrible hitter.

Yeah, that has to be the dude. I’m not sure if he was a bad dude or whatever but I know guys were actually scared of the guy.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiezio had the drug and alcohol problem. Got cut by Cards after M's when he had 6 warrants issued for him.

Well I did say he was perfect for the 90’s Seattle Music scene.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that has to be the dude. I’m not sure if he was a bad dude or whatever but I know guys were actually scared of the guy.

Opposing players, umpires, and even his own teammates are not immune, as evidenced by his postgame shouting match with Seattle manager Mike Hargrove after a 14-6 loss to the Los Angeles Angels on July 5, 2006

According to the arrest affidavit, Everett and his wife of 18 years got into an argument and Everett pressed a silver handgun against the side of his wife’s head. The report said the wife attempted to call 911 twice, using two different phones, but Everett managed to grab the phones and broke them both.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposing players, umpires, and even his own teammates are not immune, as evidenced by his postgame shouting match with Seattle manager Mike Hargrove after a 14-6 loss to the Los Angeles Angels on July 5, 2006

According to the arrest affidavit, Everett and his wife of 18 years got into an argument and Everett pressed a silver handgun against the side of his wife’s head. The report said the wife attempted to call 911 twice, using two different phones, but Everett managed to grab the phones and broke them both.

Well way to make me look like a dumbass for saying not sure if he was a bad dude or not.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But this guy was even worse...if even possible.

Ex-MLB outfielder Milton Bradley to start serving 32-month jail sentence

MICHAEL MCKNIGHT
May 15, 2015
In an emotional hearing inside a Los Angeles courtroom this week, former major league outfielder Milton Bradley was ordered to begin serving the 32-month jail sentence he received following his 2013 conviction on multiple counts of domestic violence and abuse. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Thomas Rubinson had sentenced the 37-year-old Bradley in June 2013, following a 12-day trial, but until Monday’s hearing Bradley had remained free while unsuccessfully appealing his conviction.

Monique Bradley, Milton’s wife of eight years, had been the victim in the case. She died in September 2013 at age 33, just three months after delivering trial testimony that depicted years of physical and deeply penetrating emotional abuse. (Her death certificate stated that she died as a result of cryptogenic—i.e. of unknown origin—cirrhosis of the liver.) Monique Bradley’s testimony was supported by a litany of police visits and arrests over the years, as well as photographs of her injuries, and the testimony of witnesses including the Bradleys’ longtime nanny.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this guy was even worse...if even possible.

Ex-MLB outfielder Milton Bradley to start serving 32-month jail sentence

MICHAEL MCKNIGHT
May 15, 2015
In an emotional hearing inside a Los Angeles courtroom this week, former major league outfielder Milton Bradley was ordered to begin serving the 32-month jail sentence he received following his 2013 conviction on multiple counts of domestic violence and abuse. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Thomas Rubinson had sentenced the 37-year-old Bradley in June 2013, following a 12-day trial, but until Monday’s hearing Bradley had remained free while unsuccessfully appealing his conviction.

Monique Bradley, Milton’s wife of eight years, had been the victim in the case. She died in September 2013 at age 33, just three months after delivering trial testimony that depicted years of physical and deeply penetrating emotional abuse. (Her death certificate stated that she died as a result of cryptogenic—i.e. of unknown origin—cirrhosis of the liver.) Monique Bradley’s testimony was supported by a litany of police visits and arrests over the years, as well as photographs of her injuries, and the testimony of witnesses including the Bradleys’ longtime nanny.

Damn, you don’t generally hear about that type of stuff with baseball players. Not making light of that but NFL and NBA players have a lot more opportunities for DV or any type of abuse or just in general criminal behavior.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like it was written for Vogelbach...