• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Leake upgraded his trade stock so I figured Ms won’t have to eat a bunch of salary on this trade

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Leake upgraded his trade stock so I figured Ms won’t have to eat a bunch of salary on this trade

Yeah, talk about a turn-a-round from his last outing. I really liked his post game interview- the guy rocks. We lived in Salem for several years and always enjoyed the coast on nice summer days. Also, had a cabin up above Detroit and snowmobiled in the winter and dirt biking on the miles of logging roads during the summer. Great memories of that area. Too bad Oregon has made such a hard left turn.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was a my bad. I saw Leake was throwing a no hitter on twitter so I turned it on and bam it’s gone.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was a my bad. I saw Leake was throwing a no hitter on twitter so I turned it on and bam it’s gone.

I turned it on 3 seconds after final out so I can't be blamed for this one.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
666808.jpg

Camilo Doval 22 P
San Jose Giants
divider-420x20.gif

• Full Name: Camilo Doval
  • Birthplace: Yamasa, Dominican Republic
  • Bats/Throws: R/R Ht: 6' 2" Wt: 180

watch the video

Camilo Doval - 2080 Baseball

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
673858.jpg

Jake Wong 7 P
San Jose Giants
divider-420x20.gif

• Full Name: Jacob Ryne Wong
  • Birthplace: Chandler, AZ
  • Bats/Throws: R/R Ht: 6' 2" Wt: 215
  • Draft: Round 3 (2018, SF)
  • School: Grand Canyon

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As usual I was at a bar getting drunk with a bunch of people who wouldn't be able to define a perfect game. Didn't know how close he was until I woke up hungover this morning.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual I was at a bar getting drunk with a bunch of people who wouldn't be able to define a perfect game. Didn't know how close he was until I woke up hungover this morning.

I just got a notification on my phone, checked twitter and Leake was perfect. My dumbass should’ve known because when I found out Felix had one going I chose not to change anything I’d been doing including watching tv. Obviously it had nothing to do with me but I’m highly superstitious. We beat the Huskies in 08 right after my daughter was born so I tried convincing her to keep popping kids out every year, didn’t work. We beat the Huskies while my son was in my wives stomach, then lost once he was born and unfortunately sacrificing your child for an Apple Cup win is illegal, but I’d debate it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned it on 3 seconds after final out so I can't be blamed for this one.

Ya, I’ll own it. But Rizz says it doesn’t matter so I can sleep ok.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Way #103 to lose a game. "I got. You got it. Nobody gots it"

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw in the paper this morning the Mariners lost their game Saturday night. Blows me away, I'm just so shocked to hear they lost. :heh: Strange team this year. 10-0 win on Friday and boom, their streak of 1 win is over. :D

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Dylan A. Chase | July 20, 2019 at 11:23pm CDT

On the heels of a Seattle Times report that hinted the Mariners and starter Mike Leake were “ready to be done with” each other, the veteran righty gave some insight on his professional priorities vis-a-vis the trade deadline in an appearance on today’s broadcast of MLB Network Radio’s “Home Plate” radio show (link).

“I want to win,” said Leake, before adding, “I’m not at liberty to sit around and wait on a non-winning team.” True to that earlier Times report, which characterized league-wide interest in the pitcher as “minimal,” Leake admitted that he hasn’t to this point been presented with any trade proposals from the Mariners front office. Leake, who possesses a no-trade clause as part of the five-year, $80MM deal he signed with the Cardinals prior to the 2016 campaign, would need to approve any move to an acquiring club, but it remains to be seen whether anyone wants a stake in the well-compensated righty. Leake is still owed approximately $25.5MM before his contract terminates at the conclusion of the 2020 season, with the Cardinals still responsible for nearly $6.5MM of that total. He has a 4.27 ERA across 2o starts on the year (4.80 FIP).

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a notification on my phone, checked twitter and Leake was perfect. My dumbass should’ve known because when I found out Felix had one going I chose not to change anything I’d been doing including watching tv. Obviously it had nothing to do with me but I’m highly superstitious. We beat the Huskies in 08 right after my daughter was born so I tried convincing her to keep popping kids out every year, didn’t work. We beat the Huskies while my son was in my wives stomach, then lost once he was born and unfortunately sacrificing your child for an Apple Cup win is illegal, but I’d debate it.

Thanks for reminding me about 2008. I'm trying to forget that year ever happened. I've probably mentioned this before but I really wanted the Huskies to hire Mike Leach after they rid themselves of Tyrone Willingham. I really love Leach and think he's the most interesting man in the world.

I do root for WSU whenever they're not playing UW. I think Leach is a good coach but unfortunately - for you - his philosophy hasn't matched up well against the Huskies. Could be my regard for Leach but the past four or five years I always thought the game would be much closer or that WSU could win.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Dylan A. Chase | July 20, 2019 at 11:23pm CDT

On the heels of a Seattle Times report that hinted the Mariners and starter Mike Leake were “ready to be done with” each other, the veteran righty gave some insight on his professional priorities vis-a-vis the trade deadline in an appearance on today’s broadcast of MLB Network Radio’s “Home Plate” radio show (link).

“I want to win,” said Leake, before adding, “I’m not at liberty to sit around and wait on a non-winning team.” True to that earlier Times report, which characterized league-wide interest in the pitcher as “minimal,” Leake admitted that he hasn’t to this point been presented with any trade proposals from the Mariners front office. Leake, who possesses a no-trade clause as part of the five-year, $80MM deal he signed with the Cardinals prior to the 2016 campaign, would need to approve any move to an acquiring club, but it remains to be seen whether anyone wants a stake in the well-compensated righty. Leake is still owed approximately $25.5MM before his contract terminates at the conclusion of the 2020 season, with the Cardinals still responsible for nearly $6.5MM of that total. He has a 4.27 ERA across 2o starts on the year (4.80 FIP).

Gotta give him respect for how blunt he is. On the flip side I can't imagine that his perceived surly attitude helps his trade value much.

I've said it before but he has been remarkably consistent over the course of his career and with the fact that the Mariners would eat a substantial portion of his contract, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in him. The amount of homers he has allowed is alarming but it hasn't impacted his ERA and I'd assume someone looking for a middle to back of the rotation starter would be interested.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give him respect for how blunt he is. On the flip side I can't imagine that his perceived surly attitude helps his trade value much.

I've said it before but he has been remarkably consistent over the course of his career and with the fact that the Mariners would eat a substantial portion of his contract, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in him. The amount of homers he has allowed is alarming but it hasn't impacted his ERA and I'd assume someone looking for a middle to back of the rotation starter would be interested.

Who the hell knows what Dipoto has up his sleeve. I just don't have the confidence in him that many of you have. I think the Angels were glad he and his "head scout" buddy were out of their organization.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm thinking this is maybe one of, if not the worse, midseason records for the Mariners. Out of 30 Major League teams, Seattle is in 25th place. In the AL division of 15 teams, Seattle is in 11th place. Only 1 team in the National League has a worse record than Seattle-and that team would be Miami. Someday I hope Seattle becomes a competitive team once again. Too many seasons have gone by without Seattle fans getting a taste of post season. Something needs to change if it is ever going to happen. :noidea:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sums it up watching this team the past month or two....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell knows what Dipoto has up his sleeve. I just don't have the confidence in him that many of you have. I think the Angels were glad he and his "head scout" buddy were out of their organization.

I think I'm more forgiving of him than most. If you just evaluate his performance since it was known this is going to be a rebuild, I'd probably give him a B+ or so. I would've hoped for more from Jay Bruce and James Paxton, but it's somewhat offset by the other deals. My biggest concern is how he handles things going forward. The Mariners will have a lot of financial flexibility very soon and I think it's critical he manages that properly.