• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners. Playing garbage ball..right now

Anyone with an era over 4...needs to check themselves..starting with leblanc
Cuz leake is a little high..but it is still ok for him

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the lack of a real pitching coach
..may be showing...scooby doooooo
Ahhrrrrhhh

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while the offence..has not been that great either....slg..is good..so..need to wait for the numbers to come back in the mariners direction

But you cant have a retograding offence
And ..worse than good pitching..then win the ball game

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-2 seems like a long time ago.
That was our championship. Fans of other teams laughed at us for being excited but us Mariners fans knew it was going to be the only thing we have to cheer for this d̶e̶c̶a̶d̶e̶ c̶e̶n̶t̶u̶r̶y̶ e̶v̶e̶r̶ year when it comes to this team.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next upcoming road trip after 2 against the Cubs will be very telling for this club early in the season. They've already shown they can't hang with the big boys by getting blasted last time they faced Houston and Cleveland.

The next road trip consists of 3 against Cleveland, 4 against New York, 3 against Boston.

Could be staring down at below .500 after the Cubs, Indians, Yankees, and Redsox series.

At least we all have the first 2 weeks of the season to be excited about. lol

As expected.

They've got a shellacking by the teams above. It's one thing to lose close games and it's another to lose in a beating.

After a 13-2 start, M's are now 7-21 since and run their runs differential into the negative.

The hot start was fool's gold but it was historic at least.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of home games against Oakland. Hope this team can get a couple W's out of it but sure not gonna hold my breath. :noidea:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back home after an eventful roadtrip where they took quite a beating. Only 2 wins. The hot start was a mirage and the current team is kinda what we'd expect.

Home series kick off against the A's.

Fiers (3-3, 5.48 ERA) vs Kikuchi (2-1, 3.54 ERA) on 5/13 @7:10P

Gotta try to take advantage of the short series against the A's since they suck themselves because after that, Minnesota comes in for 4 and they are the best team in baseball in terms of winning percentage.

M's: (20-23, 7-11 H)
A's: (19-23, 5-13 A)

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was our championship. Fans of other teams laughed at us for being excited but us Mariners fans knew it was going to be the only thing we have to cheer for this d̶e̶c̶a̶d̶e̶ c̶e̶n̶t̶u̶r̶y̶ e̶v̶e̶r̶ year when it comes to this team.

You have no idea how hard I had to restrain myself when my friends were telling me I was wrong that the team would finish below .500.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea how hard I had to restrain myself when my friends were telling me I was wrong that the team would finish below .500.
Yup... because the whole entire season of 162 games worth comes down to the representation of 15 games or with a 13-2 record.

I will say though because of what they're capable of on offense, they'll probably have another 2-3 stretch this season that is similar to the start. Ultimately though, still a sub-.500 ballclub as the pitching as a whole is not capable.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'll probably have another 2-3 stretch this season that is similar to the start. Ultimately though, still a sub-.500 ballclub as the pitching as a whole is not capable.

I kind of doubt they will have anything that comes remotely close to what we saw at the beginning of the season. I hope I am wrong, but it would be fun to see them win a few games when both the O and D are kicking in at the same time and they're playing a decent game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of doubt they will have anything that comes remotely close to what we saw at the beginning of the season. I hope I am wrong, but it would be fun to see them win a few games when both the O and D are kicking in at the same time and they're playing a decent game.

I'm sure they'll have a number of stretches like we're seen. They have the firepower to blow teams out, but it's just not consistent.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a good run. Sadly we still have rest of May thru September to get through.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Healy is not gonna get the Gold Glove this season :pound:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Healy is not gonna get the Gold Glove this season :pound:
To be fair, he’s put in a tough position with the Seager injury. Still.... no excuse for him not to improve defensively at the position as he continue to play there.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another game, another early lead blown as soon as we get it.

Not exactly what I thought the movie GONE IN 60 SECONDS was supposed to be about.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave up 5 solo HR’s lol

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched DVR of end of game Monday and post game with Servais. Talk about an attitude!! Sounded like a whiny (poor me) little boy who just got grounded for 2 weeks. Even though this team was able to scrape out the W, it sucks watching us have to scramble against the Athletics just to barely pull off that W?? It's no wonder the "pink panther stadium" has so many empty seats and the number of posts on the M's threads are down to just a few each day. Not much enthusiasm being earned by this team. :nono: :noidea:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched DVR of end of game Monday and post game with Servais. Talk about an attitude!! Sounded like a whiny (poor me) little boy who just got grounded for 2 weeks. Even though this team was able to scrape out the W, it sucks watching us have to scramble against the Athletics just to barely pull off that W?? It's no wonder the "pink panther stadium" has so many empty seats and the number of posts on the M's threads are down to just a few each day. Not much enthusiasm being earned by this team. :nono: :noidea:

It would be a lot easier not to hate Servais if he didn't come off as such a pompous prick in his interviews. At times he makes Bill Belichick look likable.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a lot easier not to hate Servais if he didn't come off as such a pompous prick in his interviews. At times he makes Bill Belichick look likable.

I was just about to put this on the Felix thread. Servais comes off as demeaning tool bag in most of his interviews. Every chance he has gotten to take a swipe at Felix he has even during his good starts. I really can’t imagine it is a great work environment with a dude like that running the ship and if he weren’t BFF’s with Dipoto there’s no way he has a job. Yesterday was nice but how many times has the club quit during games? That’s all on Servais and then always it’s a whiney post game presser. It’s just like last year when things were going good neither had an issue taking credit and Scott was amazing because the clubhouse culture. But when it goes bad and it gets toxic Servais makes every excuse in the world to point the blame somewhere else.

Him and Jerry both are guys that when they speak you just want to punch them in the face. But I also hate the I’m smarter than you attitude both of these at least speak like.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to put this on the Felix thread. Servais comes off as demeaning tool bag in most of his interviews. Every chance he has gotten to take a swipe at Felix he has even during his good starts. I really can’t imagine it is a great work environment with a dude like that running the ship and if he weren’t BFF’s with Dipoto there’s no way he has a job. Yesterday was nice but how many times has the club quit during games? That’s all on Servais and then always it’s a whiney post game presser. It’s just like last year when things were going good neither had an issue taking credit and Scott was amazing because the clubhouse culture. But when it goes bad and it gets toxic Servais makes every excuse in the world to point the blame somewhere else.

Him and Jerry both are guys that when they speak you just want to punch them in the face. But I also hate the I’m smarter than you attitude both of these at least speak like.

Lol I read your first paragraph and wrote this before reading the second part, we're definitely on the same page here:

Only time I see interviews with players or coaches is when I forget to change the channel after the game ends and Servais comes across as someone who implicitly giving off the "I know what I'm doing, you don't. Don't question me." vibe. Same with Dipoto actually.

I'd love to know what players really think about Servais. I have no issue with being realistic, but he seems like the last person who would offer positive support to one of his players. He comes across to me as the last person a player would want to confide in if they were having a rough time. I could picture if a player came up to him and said, "Hey skip, I've never had a stretch like this before and I don't know how to handle it and it's really getting to my head. What should I do?" he would probably respond "That sounds like a you problem. Fix it. Not my fault. Get out of my office."