• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noles21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it does prove he did something. Those bruises didn't get there all by themselves.

Its amazing you can't ever look between the lines and expect the right thing to be done.

I am not arguing law. I am arguing integrity within a sports program.

You are arguing he did it, which in a court of law, you would be terrible at

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be guys like you who come in here with an assumingly straight face and argue this was handled appropriately. - BTW, it doesn't matter what you've done in the past, if you don't hold people accountable in a case like this all that goes out the window.

Ask Penn State fans.....

I think you need to go back and check yourself there. I never said that the TPD handled it correctly. In FACT I was the one who stated TPD fucks everything up. None of you guys had a damn clue about them. As far as the school they have a WRITTEN POLICY! Are they abiding by that policy? Yes. So explain again the culture.

And yes past history and CURRENT(3 guys kicked off this year alone) does have a bearing.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mocking the reiteration of the retort.

FSU saying 'prove it' when them and their supporters corrupted the process from the start via inaction, slut shaming and obfuscation is a joke. There was never a fair investigation and now there never can be. - That's on FSU, the TPD and the culture in Tallahassee.

Back up now... For starters, Authority has muddied the waters in this thread with the Karlos Williams issue and that is a separate issue from Winston...

With Williams: If all there is is a FB post with bruises and an accusation, but the alleged victim is not willing to cooperate further? Its over. That is not enough to convict, so no charges will be filed in the matter... That is a legal roadblock... IMO it is certainly enough to convince me that Williams is getting away with something, because it is very common for the abused to back off when "shit gets real" and its time to prosecute the man who is likely now being sweet as an angel.... Janay Rice did the same thing, but it was too late and there was WAY more proof as the incident was on video for all to see and Rice admitted to it..... Williams' GF, or Ex or whatever doesn't have that... It is only her accusation and a picture on FB which is not enough if the accuser won't come out and say exactly what happened and what was meant...

I wish this weren't the case as I believe Williams needs to answer for this IMO, but the law is the law and based on that, the football team really has no grounds to suspend him either based on their own standard of not suspending unless the player is formally charged.

It isn't being a dick. It isn't being a "homer". It isn't a matter of "Win at all costs". Its a matter of taking emotion out of it and looking at where the case is. At this point, with an inactive case and an uncooperative accuser? There is nothing more that can be done and Williams is, and should be, free to continue his football career at FSU. Whether you or myself like it, that's the way it is.....

With Winston, we will diverge IMMENSELY as I truly do not believe that r*pe occurred and there are a boat load of inconsistencies with the accusers testimony and no smoking gun on the Winston side, except that he's an immature jagoff, which sadly, is not a crime.... I want Winston gone so the attention will go away, but I don't believe he's been charged with anything except for stealing crab legs and the legal system and the baseball team (based on when the incident occurred) already took care of the discipline in that matter.....

I feel that this is all reasonable and that it is how most FSU fans feel. Yes, there are some out there that are just emotionally challenged and myopic homers that will berate Miss K and call her a ton of names, which is a shame... As we grow, MOST people develop sensitivity in these matters. But there will always be those who do not, and to let them be the ones who you judge the entirety of Florida State University sucks, and its a shame some people cannot see past that.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its probably the one where players are sat ONLY if they are charged......or if they stand up on a table and yell FHRITP!.

Speaking of FHRITP, it boggles my mind the lack of intellect it takes for someone to do that.

Did not ask you because your opinion is out there for everyone to see. Sit them whether charged or not. Because YOUR opinion is to remove due process even if that means going against your written and stated policy. That is all I will say.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mocking the reiteration of the retort.

FSU saying 'prove it' when them and their supporters corrupted the process from the start via inaction, slut shaming and obfuscation is a joke. There was never a fair investigation and now there never can be. - That's on FSU, the TPD and the culture in Tallahassee.

First off, I was referring to Williams when I said prove it, so you jumping to Winston is changing the subject.

Second, I don't see FSU impeded this investigation.

Third, you're going to punish the accused because other people screwed up?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are arguing he did it, which in a court of law, you would be terrible at

Its obvious he did do it. It could have been proven if she wanted to press charges but she didn't want too.

Again, I am not arguing the law. I am arguing about what a program should do with something so obvious.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not ask you because your opinion is out there for everyone to see. Sit them whether charged or not. Because YOUR opinion is to remove due process even if that means going against your written and stated policy. That is all I will say.

The policy shows what kind of culture you have.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to go back and check yourself there. I never said that the TPD handled it correctly. In FACT I was the one who stated TPD fucks everything up. None of you guys had a damn clue about them. As far as the school they have a WRITTEN POLICY! Are they abiding by that policy? Yes. So explain again the culture.

And yes past history and CURRENT(3 guys kicked off this year alone) does have a bearing.

Hmm. Let's see, TPD officers botched the case, stalled/corrupted the investigation and then FSU uses that investigation to justify their inaction. In the meantime, they've stalled their own internal process and we all still wait.....

Does that pass your smell test? If so, you may want to consider the possibility that you've been standing in a pile of shit for too long.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Let's see, TPD officers botched the case, stalled/corrupted the investigation and then FSU uses that investigation to justify their inaction. In the meantime, they've stalled their own internal process and we all still wait.....

Does that pass your smell test? If so, you may want to consider the possibility that you've been standing in a pile of shit for too long.

How do you investigate as a university when the accuser will not cooperate. She would not give her statement until THIS AUGUST! Without her statement there is little a university can do. Does that pass your smell test?

Maybe you should at minimum acknowledge without the participation of the accuser the university cannot really do much.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All to protect a player who had never played a down and was not projected to be the starter at the time of the incident (Jacob Coker was the favorite to start the 2013 season FYI)...

Does that pass your smell test? Especially since we've kicked much more accomplished players off the team for less than this..

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FSU did not stall their own process. They couldn't start it until the accuser filed to start it. That is on the accuser. It's in the title IX policy for every college/university.

So, because TPD fucked it up, we're suppose to just assume he's guilty? Does it suck they did that? Yes, it does, but that doesn't mean the accused is guilty and should be punished for it.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread is

Pointless.jpg

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The policy shows what kind of culture you have.

Actually it is the same policy most schools have, but it figures you would not know that. Abiding by your policy even in the face of public pressure shows you believe in said policy. But I am sure you have always questioned every policy that has offended your morality right? Or is it just FSU that should sway to your opinion on their policy. The policy has worked for decades before Winston and Williams and nobody said a peep about. Now you all want to bitch and moan about it.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you investigate as a university when the accuser will not cooperate. She would not give her statement until THIS AUGUST! Without her statement there is little a university can do. Does that pass your smell test?

Maybe you should at minimum acknowledge without the participation of the accuser the university cannot really do much.

Shame of Jameis Winston and Florida State: football above all else | NCAA Football | Sporting News

The only justice in any of this is that for a generation FSU will only be known as Jameis the Rapist U.

BTW, the girl reported it to and gave her first statement to FSU campus police the morning after she was raped.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is the same policy most schools have, but it figures you would not know that. Abiding by your policy even in the face of public pressure shows you believe in said policy. But I am sure you have always questioned every policy that has offended your morality right? Or is it just FSU that should sway to your opinion on their policy. The policy has worked for decades before Winston and Williams and nobody said a peep about. Now you all want to bitch and moan about it.

Prove it. It's not the policy my school has.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame of Jameis Winston and Florida State: football above all else | NCAA Football | Sporting News

The only justice in any of this is that for a generation FSU will only be known as Jameis the Rapist U.

BTW, the girl reported it to and gave her first statement to FSU campus police the morning after she was raped.

You really do not grasp the difference between giving a POLICE STATEMENT in which she did not know the accused and a formal Title IX statement which is required to open it up. Again she did not give a statement about her accuser to FSUPD or FSU. Keep bringing the links up that neglect to inform you of that simple fact.

What I love is you claiming shit like the bold. Here is what will happen. Winston leaves school either of his own free will or not. A couple years go by and NOBODY will give a shit about FSU because there will be another school or player for everyone to hate on.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove it. It's not the policy my school has.

Here is a page from the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY ATHLETIC CODE OF CONDUCT HANDBOOK. Notice that nowhere does it state without charges you will be suspended. Even Ohio State's written policy is the same as FSU's. Felony and you are off the team. Misdemeanor arrest and you may or may not be suspended. This is up to the HC.

Attachments

• sa-handbook4_01.jpg
    sa-handbook4_01.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 51

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a page from the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY ATHLETIC CODE OF CONDUCT HANDBOOK. Notice that nowhere does it state without charges you will be suspended. Even Ohio State's written policy is the same as FSU's. Felony and you are off the team. Misdemeanor arrest and you may or may not be suspended. This is up to the HC.

where are points 1-9? :noidea:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where are points 1-9? :noidea:

I will try this again. Points 1-9 are the basic codes. Since you asked here they are. I only posted the points about criminal accusations/activity.

Attachments

• sa-handbook4_02.jpg
    sa-handbook4_02.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 50

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio State has suspended players without them being charged. In other words they don't cop out using some "policy" excuse for doing the right thing.

That is all you need to know.

Its FSU's choice to have that policy and its part of the fabric for what is causing their shitty reputation.

BTW, Congrats on the latest incident. That dump of a school cant even go a week without negative headlines.