• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Huskers Bullshit Thread-Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I have ear plugs but I can't find them she doesn't usually snore this bad, she doesn't usually snore I know its because she is exhausted so I want her to get a good rest. If I leave now and sleep on the couch she might wake up And come get me. I know I've snored bad in the past that was when I was really heavy tho.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be sure to communicate about it in a way that nobody takes things personally. You enjoy each other when awake so sleeping arrangements aren't a big deal once you're done bumping uglies.

Just sayin'

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah this is a good one don't want to screw it up like the others

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be moving to a house... has 12 city lots, lots of mowing and a in ground poool... what should i know bout the pool...

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chemicals are expensive, at least they are for my hot tub - you need to maintain ph and chlorine levels . You will need something big to get all that mowing done. My friends that live on acreages hate them because they can't mow all at one time, and by the time they are done it is time to start all over again. One friend has a big tractor with pull behind mower deck and yet gets one evening off from mowing during the summer.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be moving to a house... has 12 city lots, lots of mowing and a in ground poool... what should i know bout the pool...

During usage months (May-Sept) they require about 30 - 45 minutes a day for maintenance. Particularly if you have some large trees around. You'll need to empty the skimmer, vacuum the bottom, net any leaves that didn't make it to the skimmer. You'll need to buy a test kit to test chlorine, ph, bromine and alkalinity levels. You'll have to buy chlorine, ph, alkaline, and bromine raise/lower chemicals. Depending what type of filter you have you'll
have to replace those periodically. The sand type filters are the most economical as sand is cheap. The filters you buy can be rinsed out a few times to save money. The pump will raise your electric bill. My kids literally spent 6 hrs a day in the pool this past summer with me sitting under a shade tree chillin.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insurance is higher with a pool.

The mowing sounds like you are in the city so city laws will require regular mowing but on acreages most people I know have an area they maintain as their lawn and then periodically mow the rest.
I have 1 acre though and insist I will not mow it more than once a week. It's not really enough in spring or a summer like this one where we had a lot of rain but I am a man of principles and my principle here is I am too damn lazy to mow more than once a week. I refuse to sacrifice my character for a lawn.

edit: about 2 hours a week mowing and another hour each week alternating edging and trimming bushes every other week. Then I have an island (plant area) I have to weed about once a month in season.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent about 200 combined for chemicals this summer. Chlorine tablets and shock treatments being the majority of that. If you use a cover when the pool is not in use it will lower tne amount of chlorine required. Reason being is the sun not only enables algae to grow it also causes chlorine to evaporate. It can be a pain uncovering and recovering the pool all the time tho.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna be renting for two years, then possibly buying, he is leaving the chemucals, says there is enough for next year..

With the mowing he said it takes 8 hrs, but i plan on doing about a hr every morning while having my coffee before work, tons of trees. Most the lots are like a forest so i can mow high and fast...

Insurance agent said no price difference on renters insurance.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the feel of being in town but almost feels like country, just a lil concerned about pool maintance. But im stealing the place at 600 a month, even with 400 a month utilities id be spending what i am now and have a lot better place.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only keep 1/2 acre mowed for my yard and let the rest of it grow as brohm grass (aka hay to be). Brohm chokes out weeds such as thistle and curly dock which are considered obnoxious by city code.
About the only thing I've found to germinate in an established field of brohm grass is mulberry and cedar trees.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol 2 HH trying to hang with thee likes of RA en sech.......

Only the rich folk have pools

:dhd:

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HH's new pool....

Status