• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Bo Pelini Job Security thread

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. As far as that list goes Smart would be lowest on my list. The other two are extremely unlikely, but I would take either of them in a heartbeat if it were possible.

I also agree that there is zero chance that Bo will quit. I would think that would void his contract, meaning he wouldn't get paid like he would if we fired him.

I wouldn't want Peterson but would take Tressel in a second.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see baylor locked up art briles

and Peterson miss his chance to leave. gotta leave when your hot now Boise is little bit average

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely fucking stupid!!!!

What in the fuck has Bo ever done to give anyone the impression that he would quit? All he talks about is "the process". I don't believe quitting is part of that "process".

As for the top candidates?

A DC that has no head coaching experience? Does that sound familiar? Dear god no!!!!

A head coach that is not leaving Boise? Not happening!!!!

A cheater where we have to petition the NCAA to hire? I would love having this guy but good luck convincing the old blue hairs that it is ok. But then again, all you have to do is get Osborne's seal of approval and the lemmings will fall in line.

The guy who posted that on FB needs to be throat punched.
-------
Jed--"the process" is a broadbased catchall phrase that covers everything and says nothing. Which depsite good intentions is pretty much comparable to Bo's success--covers everything and accomplishes nothing".

Devaney--Ist six years--4 rankings in the top 10 4 1st place finishes 4 major bowls**
Osborne--1st six years--5 rankings in the top 10 tied for 1st twice 4 major bowls**
Pelini--1st six years--no top 10 rankings 3 Divisional "ties" for 1st no major bowls

**During these tow eras the Cotton Bowl was considered major.

You can debunk all the "potential" candidates you want, but as a team we are stalled where we are at. And Bo's process gives no indication that things are going to improve. Remember everyones claims for this year? Injuries be damned. It's still the same ol' Bo.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Jed--"the process" is a broadbased catchall phrase that covers everything and says nothing. Which depsite good intentions is pretty much comparable to Bo's success--covers everything and accomplishes nothing".

Devaney--Ist six years--4 rankings in the top 10 4 1st place finishes 4 major bowls**
Osborne--1st six years--5 rankings in the top 10 tied for 1st twice 4 major bowls**
Pelini--1st six years--no top 10 rankings 3 Divisional "ties" for 1st no major bowls

**During these tow eras the Cotton Bowl was considered major.

You can debunk all the "potential" candidates you want, but as a team we are stalled where we are at. And Bo's process gives no indication that things are going to improve. Remember everyones claims for this year? Injuries be damned. It's still the same ol' Bo.

Wow, thanks for the enlightened speech on what "the process" means. I had no idea it was just bullshit coach speak. I thought it was something measurable and tangible. Now, that you enlightened me that changes everything.

I couldn't give 2 shits what Devaney and Osborne did 40 and 50 years ago. That means nothing today.

I will debunk the potential candidates that I think would never happen or what be stupid. It's called am opinion.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, thanks for the enlightened speech on what "the process" means. I had no idea it was just bullshit coach speak. I thought it was something measurable and tangible. Now, that you enlightened me that changes everything.

I couldn't give 2 shits what Devaney and Osborne did 40 and 50 years ago. That means nothing today.

I will debunk the potential candidates that I think would never happen or what be stupid. It's called am opinion.

what about bud foster if he brought a good OC with him?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about bud foster if he brought a good OC with him?

Again with a DC thy has never been a head coach. Didn't we already try that experiment? Plus I have a feeling there is a reason he has stayed in one place for so long.

I am not dumb enough to think my opinion matters to anything going on in Lincoln but I would be against anyone that had not been a head coach in college.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again with a DC thy has never been a head coach. Didn't we already try that experiment? Plus I have a feeling there is a reason he has stayed in one place for so long.

I am not dumb enough to think my opinion matters to anything going on in Lincoln but I would be against anyone that had not been a head coach in college.

I agree to just wondering I feel he always puts a good defensive product on the field. no HC experience but worth a shot if we don't get the coaches we want.

who are some coaches you would like to see

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to just wondering I feel he always puts a good defensive product on the field. no HC experience but worth a shot if we don't get the coaches we want.

who are some coaches you would like to see

I agree, I hate VT but that is strictly because of Beamer. Foster puts out a great D every year and is a great coach!!!!

I listed a bunch of coaches in my "Irresponsible coaching search thread". Not all of them were the greatest options in the world but I wouldn't be upset if any of them came here.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...nsible-coaching-candidates-search-thread.html

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Peterson...head coaching experience/success en sech.

The track record of really good Boise St head coaches leaving is not very good. Leaving a place where you can take the dumb jocks and going to a place where there are real academic standards and you can't recruit the same athlete is hard. He has it made there on and off the field with his family situation.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Well you've given NO examples of what Bo's process has done for this program--9 wins that show no improvement for our team every year for 6 years? Oh right a couple years we won ten games. What you apparently don't see or won't acknowledge is that 9-10 wins isn't squat unless they help our resume' with some quality wins.

If you don't give a fat flying fuck about our history then you have no business judging our present NOR our future. If SE somehow mamages to retain Bo, show us now why he should. Where's the improvement in any direction whatsoever? If Bo's "process" is working show us the improvements. It doesn't include more wins. Less beatdowns by major teams. Decent rankings. What's Bo's process given us? One or two steps above Callahan? considering how low we had sunk during that era, is that something to brag on after 6 years? 9-10 wins? in an era of 12-14 games a year? BFD.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Well you've given NO examples of what Bo's process has done for this program--9 wins that show no improvement for our team every year for 6 years? Oh right a couple years we won ten games. What you apparently don't see or won't acknowledge is that 9-10 wins isn't squat unless they help our resume' with some quality wins.

If you don't give a fat flying fuck about our history then you have no business judging our present NOR our future. If SE somehow mamages to retain Bo, show us now why he should. Where's the improvement in any direction whatsoever? If Bo's "process" is working show us the improvements. It doesn't include more wins. Less beatdowns by major teams. Decent rankings. What's Bo's process given us? One or two steps above Callahan? considering how low we had sunk during that era, is that something to brag on after 6 years? 9-10 wins? in an era of 12-14 games a year? BFD.

You're barking up the wrong tree there. Jed is no Bo supporter.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kirby Smart has much more going for him than bop did.. but he aint gonna come here

I hope you're right because he may even be worse than Bo as a head coach. On the other hand, and I know he wouldn't leave Bama unless it was for the HC position, is he would be a very welcome addition to Nebraska as a DC.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------

:L

You can't fix stupid!!!!!

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're barking up the wrong tree there. Jed is no Bo supporter.
-------
Well, it came accross as if he was defending "Bo's Process". All he had to do was say he wasn't & isn't a fan of Bo's either rather than try and rip me a new one. It's not like I haven't been following the whole thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BZkaz1vCcAIqACt.jpg

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash