• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concussion against Purdue. Traevon was injured early in the second as well, and Gasser had 4 fouls. We were down three starters for most of the second half.

Bo's patented 7 man rotation bit us in the ass tonight. That's what happens when you have zero depth. I just hope the committee considers the circumstances, especially the Kaminsky injury. He's the catalyst on both sides of the ball, and it showed tonight. Yuck.

I don't think one game will hurt too bad from the committee's viewpoint.

I hope Kaminsky and Traevon are both okay.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To you Badgers fans. What do you make of Dekker? I have thought for a whle that he seems to have reached his peak out there. Just seems with Bo's system of spreading it around and his overall college skills he doesn't really have that big jump. More suited for his role player NBA gig. This shoud have been the perfect game to step up and be the man but idk.

For a while I thought he would go pro early do to too good but I feel he's gone after this year because there isn't much more growth for him...that and most guys don't want to be a senior draftee.

What do you guys think about him?

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To you Badgers fans. What do you make of Dekker? I have thought for a whle that he seems to have reached his peak out there. Just seems with Bo's system of spreading it around and his overall college skills he doesn't really have that big jump. More suited for his role player NBA gig. This shoud have been the perfect game to step up and be the man but idk.

For a while I thought he would go pro early do to too good but I feel he's gone after this year because there isn't much more growth for him...that and most guys don't want to be a senior draftee.

What do you guys think about him?

I think he can be the best player on the court, but he doesn't always assert himself. That seems to be his biggest problem to me, he lets himself disappear. He has moments in games where I think, "wow!" and then after that he can disappear. On a Badger message board that I frequent there was a preseason conversation about Dekker being the 3rd best player on the team(Kaminsky is one, and Hayes is second).

Sam started off so strong tonight. 7 early points, and then he finished with just 15 and nothing down the last 10 minutes of the game.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a tweet from BadgerNation insider Ben Worgull

Benjamin Worgull ‏@TheBadgerNation 27m27 minutes ago Wisconsin, US
Greg Gard on Traevon Jackson's injury: "I don't think it's good, but we'll see when we get back."

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down goes Wisconsin...and to Rutgers? Ouch.

The B1G is wide open.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers? Did Rutgers ever win a big east game? And I was told the Badgers were in UK's class. Please.

I don't want to hear another word from wisky fans until they are in the ff. Just call me when that happens. I'll not be standing by.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers? Did Rutgers ever win a big east game? And I was told the Badgers were in UK's class. Please.

I don't want to hear another word from wisky fans until they are in the ff. Just call me when that happens. I'll not be standing by.

Soo...you expect a team without arguably 2 of it's most important players to win a game against a team that shot the lights out? Gotcha.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but...but....but....Kaminski damnit.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is part of a national championship team. Been razzed my whole life for losing bigs and crying.

Man up.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soo...you expect a team without arguably 2 of it's most important players to win a game against a team that shot the lights out? Gotcha.

Seems like a lot of B1G teams have been shooting lights out against the Badgers. :noidea:

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is part of a national championship team. Been razzed my whole life for losing bigs and crying.

Man up.

I agree and hate the Badgers as much as the next guy, but it's one loss. UK's been going into double OT with comparable teams.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man up.

So if a team can't win without three starters, one of whom is a Wooden Award frontrunner, it means they aren't capable of winning a title with those guys?

I strongly, strongly disagree with that. All kinds of championship teams have had anchors which would have destroyed their season had they gone down. As long as our guys are healthy for the dance, we have a chance.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a team can't win without three starters, one of whom is a Wooden Award frontrunner, it means they aren't capable of winning a title with those guys?

I strongly, strongly disagree with that. All kinds of championship teams have had anchors which would have destroyed their season had they gone down. As long as our guys are healthy for the dance, we have a chance.

I do believe Mr. jonvi is busting your balls, Sir.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Rutgers.....

lol...yep. having a some fun. Too soon. I know. As I said, I thought SU had some great teams the last five years and just watched the wear and tear of a season beat em down.

And all my predictions were stuffed in the toilet from everyone that gets there.

Love the Wisky fans for supporting their teams. That's why I was here.

But for real...UK has serious debth and losing three men would not have near the impact. It's going to take a very lucky day at disney world to upset them.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Rutgers.....

lol...yep. having a some fun. Too soon. I know. As I said, I thought SU had some great teams the last five years and just watched the wear and tear of a season beat em down.

And all my predictions were stuffed in the toilet from everyone that gets there.

Love the Wisky fans for supporting their teams. That's why I was here.

But for real...UK has serious debth and losing three men would not have near the impact. It's going to take a very lucky day at disney world to upset them.

Yea, seriously. Rutgers?

I used to pay $8 to go to the RAC to go see Rutgers play Villanova and I can tell you that nobody under the age of 45 cares about Rutgers basketball. Nobody. It's bad.

More significant for Rutgers than Wisky. Most underachieving team in CBB.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no shit...Rutgers?

how cool is that?
seriously!

Yea, seriously. Rutgers?

I used to pay $8 to go to the RAC to go see Rutgers play Villanova and I can tell you that nobody under the age of 45 cares about Rutgers basketball. Nobody. It's bad.

More significant for Rutgers than Wisky. Most underachieving team in CBB.

Bucky will be ok.
thanks for the chuckle though.

:suds:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they are just playing with us, but both Gard and Bo have made comments that Trae's injury is serious. It sounds like he might be out for the year. It's a colossal blow to this team if true. Basically, any foul trouble and we are fucked. After the 6 core players left (Kaminsky-Dekker-Hayes-Gasser-Bronson-Duje), there is a huge dropoff.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they are just playing with us, but both Gard and Bo have made comments that Trae's injury is serious. It sounds like he might be out for the year. It's a colossal blow to this team if true. Basically, any foul trouble and we are fucked. After the 6 core players left (Kaminsky-Dekker-Hayes-Gasser-Bronson-Duje), there is a huge dropoff.

Yeah I was hearing a bit of the same when browsing. It's his foot correct???

Dom James flashbacks :gaah:

Tough for Wisky but will give Koenig big time experience when you guys lose so much after this season.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaminsky gonna be good to go Thursday?

If not Nebraska might stand a chance.