• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 game for tOSU this week

Tonight Vs the mighty American University who was picked to finish 9th in the legendary Patriot league

The irony here is they stuck with and at one point were beating TOSU. :dhd:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin? wtf is going on here? this shit keeps up it won't be appropriate to say they 'play at the speed of smell' any more. Kaminsky cops a POW fer sure...continues popping big numbers like that and is definitely in the POY race.

Iowa? wtf is going on here? Fran's put together a deep, scarey good bunch...fawking shame the rankings don't reflect what all of us know: Hawks are a top-20 team.

Ohio State? wtf is going on here? Craft n the Blue Collars have got to have the weakest ooc schedule in the conference. Easy ride to January.

I was honestly kind of shocked Iowa didnt start the year off around the 15-20 mark in the rankings. A 25 win team that returns 93% of its scoring and has already proven to be a top nothc defensive team should have at LEAST been ranked to start the year IMO. I mean the UVA team Iowa handled in the quarters of the NIT on the road that returned way less than Iowa and didnt have as good a year as Iowa was ranked 21st(?) There were other teams returning alot less that started the year ranked higher than Iowa too. Pretty irrelvant in the grand scheme of things but I was still surprised.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...irrelvant in the grand scheme of things"...

yep. 'Cold Equations' rule...everything else is emotional fluff.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin? wtf is going on here? this shit keeps up it won't be appropriate to say they 'play at the speed of smell' any more. Kaminsky cops a POW fer sure...continues popping big numbers like that and is definitely in the POY race.

Iowa? wtf is going on here? Fran's put together a deep, scarey good bunch...fawking shame the rankings don't reflect what all of us know: Hawks are a top-20 team.

Ohio State? wtf is going on here? Craft n the Blue Collars have got to have the weakest ooc schedule in the conference. Easy ride to January.

Haven't seen Wisconsin play much this year, have you? They play to the personnel they have and what the team has right now are strong, athletic guards...and hell, even a forward and center that play like guards (Dekker and Kaminsky). Koenig and Hayes are two very athletic freshman players as well.

I've watched all but one Wisconsin game this year. They love to get up-and-down the floor and spread out defenses. This team is going to score a lot of points. However, the one downside is this is probably the worst defensive Badgers teams I've ever seen. I won't say they are "bad" but they are a far cry from what Bo usually puts on the floor.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen Wisconsin play much this year, have you?

no...I've only seen one of the three games they'd played before UND - the characteristic Kohl barnburner against Florida (59-53)...

and fell asleep by the half.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shitttt! IU will be a force if we continue to play like that!

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was honestly kind of shocked Iowa didnt start the year off around the 15-20 mark in the rankings. A 25 win team that returns 93% of its scoring and has already proven to be a top nothc defensive team should have at LEAST been ranked to start the year IMO. I mean the UVA team Iowa handled in the quarters of the NIT on the road that returned way less than Iowa and didnt have as good a year as Iowa was ranked 21st(?) There were other teams returning alot less that started the year ranked higher than Iowa too. Pretty irrelvant in the grand scheme of things but I was still surprised.

We didn't start out ranked because for the past 7 years, we've sucked balls. I wasn't really surprised. People like to talk shit about Iowa basketball but in reality, it wasn't until 2-3 years ago that Michigan State and Ohio State passed us in all time wins. I like the direction that Fran has the program going. I just hope that we are able to sustain it in the coming years.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't start out ranked because for the past 7 years, we've sucked balls. I wasn't really surprised. People like to talk shit about Iowa basketball but in reality, it wasn't until 2-3 years ago that Michigan State and Ohio State passed us in all time wins. I like the direction that Fran has the program going. I just hope that we are able to sustain it in the coming years.

Oh I know the history. Really it wont matter as long as we handle business OOC. If we can beat Xavier I like our chances to get to the final of the B4A and I even think we have a good shot at KU since Iowa is much deeper than KU right now ( 3 games in 3 days is tough for a young team, especially one without super deepth). If we can get to 11-2 or 12-1 OOC I think we set up to get a 4/5/6 type seed once the tourney rolls around.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G CFB & CBB Smorgasbord...

What a weekend! - starting last night.
Great conference basketball or football fun in abundance!

Go B1G!
Go Green!

:yahoo:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch, Michigan loses to Charlotte

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers taking care of business against Saint Louis, currently up 31-23 at the half. I told a friend of mine that I thought this would be their toughest non-conference game. So far, so good if that's the case...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some tough moments at the end, but the Badgers beat SLU (that's what everyone calls it, announcer people) 63-57. Not bad for a day where the Badgers shot terribly (4-12 for 3, 17-30 on FTs).

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some tough moments at the end, but the Badgers beat SLU (that's what everyone calls it, announcer people) 63-57. Not bad for a day where the Badgers shot terribly (4-12 for 3, 17-30 on FTs).

Thank God it's over too, not because SLU was coming back, but just so I don't have to listen to that God damn color commentator. He was annoying as hell and dumber than a box of rocks (no offense to boxes full of rocks). Is he seriously the best CBS Sports Network could get? I've heard college student radio broadcasters do a better job than that guy.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin brings home the Cancun Challenge trophy with a 70-63 win over West Virginia in the championship game. Gutty win by the Badgers. WVU had one guy that just couldn't miss from 3 and he was about the only reason why the Mountaineers were able to stay in that game. Sam Dekker made some huge shots down the stretch and unlike last night, it was the free throw shooting that won it for Bucky going 15-of-17 from the charity stripe.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue and Minnesota sort of playing like shit in their tourneys hasnt looked good. Iowa with a big comeback last night. Need to take care of UTEP tonight and bring on KU!!!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue had a bad loss earlier to Washington State, and now Illinois is down by 8 to IPFW at the break.

It looks like Wisconsin, MSU, Ohio State, Iowa, and possibly Michigan are going to beat up on the B1G this year. The top four look stacked, but it's definitely a down year for the middle of the conference.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^IU is getting better every game, I don't see us getting beat up on.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^IU is getting better every game, I don't see us getting beat up on.

They definitely look like the sixth best team, but i'm not exactly sold. Your best game of the year was that one-point loss to UConn, and you guys had 19 turnovers. That's not gonna work against the top five B1G teams.

Right now, for my projected postseason seeds, i'd go:

MSU- 1
Ohio State- 3
Wisconsin- 3
Iowa- 4
Michigan- 6
Indiana- 9
Illinois- First Four
Nebraska- NIT 3 seed
Minnesota- NIT 5 seed

No tourneys for Purdue, Northwestern, and Penn State