• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I'd like to know what the talent is you see on this roster.

We have 4 seniors and a junior as starters.

Iowa may have the "ability" for wins if they're all clicking, but if things go bad the panic we show is palpable.
Iowas got plenty of talent, especially in the starting 5. Of course the team has to be clicking or they won't win. That's the same with any team. You don't get to 19-4, blowing everyone out without talent. Hopefully they get it figured out before March 17

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't get over how bad Rutgers is. In basketball and football they're a combined 1-23 in conference play this year.

About to be 1-24 after this 20 plus point ass whooping they're taking at home.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't get over how bad Rutgers is. In basketball and football they're a combined 1-23 in conference play this year.

I checked the boxscore and it was 43 to 40 Mich state and then not but 10 minutes later it was 63 to 48. WTF, did Rutgers give up after halftime?

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I checked the boxscore and it was 43 to 40 Mich state and then not but 10 minutes later it was 63 to 48. WTF, did Rutgers give up after halftime?

Give the Knights some credit here.
Rutgers played a lights-out first half, the best 20 minutes of their whole season...
score at the half was 43-41 (not bad for ANY two teams.)

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol
good stuff...
Indiana football calling out Rutgers football.

:lol:

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol
good stuff...
Indiana football calling out Rutgers football.

:lol:

I'm calling out their athletics program. I get being bad in one sport, but being that horrendous in both when we just brought their bum asses into the conference is too much.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be wise to take care who you deride...
More and more kids growing up in NY/NJ (the nation's richest recruiting grounds) will be choosing Rutgers cfb AND cbb as conference notoriety catches on.
Besides, both programs have nowhere to go but UP now.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be wise to take care who you deride...
More and more kids growing up in NY/NJ (the nation's richest recruiting grounds) will be choosing Rutgers cfb AND cbb as conference notoriety catches on.
Besides, both programs have nowhere to go but UP now.

Their college football classes have been dropping each year since they've joined the B1G. Didn't bother checking their basketball rankings.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol liking this "Illinios sucks" chant.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NW pretty much locking up the 9 seed tonight in the B10 tourney. There is so much possible movement between 2 and 7 though. So many different possible scenatios. You could conceivably be a 6 way tie for 2nd lol. MOST likely scenario is 1 Indiana 2 MSU and then 3-8 is a crap shoot depending on the Iowa - Michigan, Purdue - Wisconsin games. Most people would say IU and MSU are going to take care of business at home.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowas got plenty of talent, especially in the starting 5. Of course the team has to be clicking or they won't win. That's the same with any team. You don't get to 19-4, blowing everyone out without talent. Hopefully they get it figured out before March 17

I guess we could argue (and differ) on Iowa's talent level, but I'm not interested. What I am is pissed at how utterly horrible this team has been playing.

For a bunch of seniors they are mental pussies. Iowa can't hit a late free throw to save their ass, they aren't blocking out and fighting for rebounds, they've been tripping over their own feet, they have countless loose balls bounce off their fingertips and Peter Jok and his fucking Micheal Jordan wannabe style layups that he misses drive me nuts. Just lay the ball in!

If they weren't committing all the mental errors I listed above, these games would be different. Shooting teams like Iowa go cold from the field at times, but having so many wasted possessions is what's losing these games.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we could argue (and differ) on Iowa's talent level, but I'm not interested. What I am is pissed at how utterly horrible this team has been playing.

For a bunch of seniors they are mental pussies. Iowa can't hit a late free throw to save their ass, they aren't blocking out and fighting for rebounds, they've been tripping over their own feet, they have countless loose balls bounce off their fingertips and Peter Jok and his fucking Micheal Jordan wannabe style layups that he misses drive me nuts. Just lay the ball in!

If they weren't committing all the mental errors I listed above, these games would be different. Shooting teams like Iowa go cold from the field at times, but having so many wasted possessions is what's losing these games.
Yep I'm with you. The team is weak mentally and these guys have been since they got here. After 3 straight years of losing 75% of your close games there's no denying that. That's not really to do with talent level though. This year's team has led every game they've played with under 10 minutes to go at some point save Notre Dame. If they could close even at an average rate they'd be 24-5 or so and top 5. That's the reason it's fr u straying to me. I think we are on the same page

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I'm with you. The team is weak mentally and these guys have been since they got here. After 3 straight years of losing 75% of your close games there's no denying that. That's not really to do with talent level though. This year's team has led every game they've played with under 10 minutes to go at some point save Notre Dame. If they could close even at an average rate they'd be 24-5 or so and top 5. That's the reason it's fr u straying to me. I think we are on the same page

Hate to harp on Fran after putting up with the likes of Coach Lick, but he hasn't been all that smart either. When you have a guy like Yogi with 3 fouls at the mid-point of a game, why aren't you running iso's at him non-stop? We were throwing up bricks anyway and I think one of Gesell's strengths is driving in for layups.

Yogi shouldn't have even been in that game late shooting his daggers.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't get over how bad Rutgers is.

Rutgers snapped its 31-game Big Ten losing streak with a 75-52 win over Minnesota today...end the season 1-17.
:clap:

now, don't you feel just awful?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers snapped its 31-game Big Ten losing streak with a 75-52 win over Minnesota today...end the season 1-17.

I saw they opened the game on like a 29-4 run.

So I know there should be a couple people feeling awful now.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw they opened the game on like a 29-4 run.

So I know there should be a couple people feeling awful now.

yah, there is no joy in Gohpherville...but
they're partying like there's no tomorrow in Piscataway.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's tourney chances will end tonight. Book it.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol,I could never feel bad about a B1G program that isn't IU getting embarrassed. Minnisota fired a good coach and is paying for it.

Reactions: H2S

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow basketball as much as most of you guys here, has the B1G honestly been that bad this year?

Watching all day today and it seems like the unanimous consensus is that MSU is likely a #2 seed. But they went undefeated ooc and played a pretty monster schedule, including beating Kansas. Then they lost 5 games in conference, the same or less losses than the other teams everyone is penciling as a #1. Then to make it even sillier I have heard 4 different "experts" today say that Valentine has been the better player, but Hield will win PotY because Denzel missed and then wasn't 100% for almost a fifth of the season. But they don't seem to give MSU any credit for only losing 4 of their 5 games when their best player missed the game or wasn't 100%.

I'm looking at it like they should already have a #1 seed locked up, maybe even the top seed locked up before conference tournies. But all I'm hearing all day is that they might be able to sneak into a 1 seed if they do well in their conference tournament and those other 4 teams all don't.

What am I missing?

Reactions: H2S

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol,I could never feel bad about a B1G program that isn't IU getting embarrassed. Minnisota fired a good coach and is paying for it.

As a Gophers fan, I never agreed with the firing of Tubby. Minnesota has been to a total of SEVEN NCAA Tournaments(they have 5 more that have been vacated, smh), but Tubby went to three tournaments, which almost matched Minnesota's history of him prior with 4. His last season with the Gophers resulted in Minnesota FOURTH best season in the NCAA Tournament era(since 1936).

Also, it should be noted, the guy who fired Tubby, Norwood Teague, subsequently was fired this past summer for sexual harassment(sweet hire, prez). Pitino has been absolutely atrocious since taking over. For being known for a recruiter, he really hasn't done jack shit until this upcoming 2016 class. We have a top 100 guy coming in, which is good for us. Pitino better show some type of improvement next season, or his ass better be canned, by whoever the hell the AD is going to be.