• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We convict people of murder on circumstantial evidence. Don't know why the NCAA needs a smoking gun

The problem with the NCAA is they lack subpoena power which ties one arm behind their back when it comes to investigations. Especially involving anyone who isn't a school employee or student athlete, but are involved in the issues.

While the risk of the FBI and IRS getting involved in certain scenarios like under the table cash transfers and sales of memorabilia can cause many to start singing, many will simply lawyer up against it and stonewall.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
com.magmamobile.app.magic8ball_2.png

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't believe I spent the whole day arguing corruption in the Politics Forums and missed arguing corruption in College Football...fucking eh...I gotta get my priorities straight. ennyway...

if the NCAA has called their investigation quits without any proof or evidence to show...why's Johnny have to sit out the whole first half?...why the suspension at all?...he's 'innocent'...right?

Right there in the OP link:

The NCAA and A&M agreed on the one-half suspension because Manziel violated NCAA bylaw 12.5.2.1, an NCAA spokesperson confirmed. The rule says student-athletes cannot permit their names or likenesses to be used for commercial purposes, including to advertise, recommend or promote sales of commercial products, or accept payment for the use of their names or likenesses.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that guy any farther than I could throw him. But frankly I don't care because Oklahoma won't play him except in a bowl game.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a bunch of hype journalism.

Outside of blind homerism, I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion. They have brokers on the record stating he was at their homes or hotels signing the memorabilia......they have picture evidence. The only thing they did not do was agree to testify that they paid him.

No one is disputing these as the facts. There's nothing hype about that. Either you believe he was paid or you do not.

Most of us with common sense agree he most likely got paid.

The only way he could prove to me he didn't is that he and his family SUE. That's one of the sure signs you think you have been wronged.......usually the guilty just shut up and hope nobody brings the subject back up. He and his family have been eerily quiet.

You be the judge.......what are you being asked to believe? That a kid is going to willingly sign 4K + pics that he KNOWS will be sold all for free? Did he change his name to Johnny Charity? And are you really that gullible?

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have picture evidence that he signed autographs true, that he signed 4k autographs not true. Johnny with his lifestyle could have been at any number of hotel parties when he was photographed autographing some pictures. Hype journalism turned it into something that could not in anyway be proven because there was no evidence.

4k plus items that are fake is much more likely, it not only matches the MO for forgeries it also does not have to fight the issue of the autograph degrading after being signed so often in such a short span. JSA is a fraud of a company and has been shown to be such. The fact that items submitted in batches by brokers were only partially "authenticated" in itself should suggest forgery to anyone with "common sense" as you suggest you have.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people who believe this are the same ones who really believe Cam Newton had "no idea" what daddy was doing

Completely different situation, Cams father was proven to have received a large chunk of money with no accounting for it. With Manziel there is no such proof, 4k autographs that cannot be proven to have come from his hand. Pictures of a star athlete signing autographs which is not only commonplace but proof of nothing other than that Manziel signs autographs.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The autographs might be more suspect if we didn't live in the real world where brokers try to sell just as many forgeries as real autographs. Authenticators scramble willy nilly calling each other authentication company a fraud and claiming the elite level of their system, they are worse than snake oil sales men and their product as a whole is a fraud. The level of autographs claimed to have happened draws doubt on the story simply because of how the autograph would degrade from fatigue in the hand.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to point this out on ESPN's never ending scroll of comments LawDawg, but just gave up, the populace will never learn to read.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a farce. Why does the NCAA even bother anymore? It really is time for them to just let CFB go and have the big players figure out how they want this cesspool "policed".

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of blind homerism, I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion. They have brokers on the record stating he was at their homes or hotels signing the memorabilia......they have picture evidence. The only thing they did not do was agree to testify that they paid him.

No one is disputing these as the facts. There's nothing hype about that. Either you believe he was paid or you do not.

Most of us with common sense agree he most likely got paid.

The only way he could prove to me he didn't is that he and his family SUE. That's one of the sure signs you think you have been wronged.......usually the guilty just shut up and hope nobody brings the subject back up. He and his family have been eerily quiet.

You be the judge.......what are you being asked to believe? That a kid is going to willingly sign 4K + pics that he KNOWS will be sold all for free? Did he change his name to Johnny Charity? And are you really that gullible?

I'm not gullible enough to believe that he actually signed 4K+ pics just because it was on ESPiN. Nobody was able to prove anything. which is why it was open and shut so fast.

No broker went on record. There is no proof of any money and no proof of 4K+ pics that were signed. everyone was feeding off of information fed to them from some pretty shady people. Nobody, especially at ESPiN, bothered to check any of the facts before running with the story. When the NCAA got involved, these brokers dropped off the grid and refused to go on record about the story they were spinning.

These shady people make a very generous living feeding off of student athletes. Regardless of whether he was paid or not, whether he signed 4K or 40. He isn't the only one and I bet there aren't very many programs who are immune to this crap. Glass Houses.

The media, especially ESPiN, has been anything but fair to JFF over the summer. Did he deserve some of it? Sure, but to the extent that they have been nit-picking his every move.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moneybadger don't care what any of y'all think!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moneybadger don't care what any of y'all think!
-
"Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal nor tolerate those that do. If an Aggie falls short, he must miss one half of inconsequential football." ~Aggie Code of Honor

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
"Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal nor tolerate those that do. If an Aggie falls short, he must miss one half of inconsequential football." ~Aggie Code of Honor

How original.