• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread tOfficial 2019 ncaa tournament thread

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I would take Cassius Winston over Zavier any day of the week. Fucking Beilein should have been more patient in his recruitment. We could have had him

Well, if you're going to play that game, then Jalen Brunson would have been the one you wanted.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing this Zion hype. Yeah, he's roughing people up in college but he's sloppy and from the looks of it he hasn't improved much at all with 1 year of college. And he's really looking like a tweener.

You gotta think he's playing with freshman. RJ shoots 30 percent from 3. Put Zion on the floor with two guys that can bury threes at will and he can break down a defense pretty badly with his size and strength.
Will be interesting as he is more of a throwback but I think he will be fine.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they'll make an Auburn basketball anime cartoon about it all!
tenor.gif
I’d watch it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing this Zion hype. Yeah, he's roughing people up in college but he's sloppy and from the looks of it he hasn't improved much at all with 1 year of college. And he's really looking like a tweener.
I keep trying to find a fault but I can’t. I haven’t watched Duke a ton but he makes his wide open threes, he’s unstoppable posting up, usually one spin move gets him to the basket, and he’s the most athletic player I’ve seen in some time. I want him on the Suns badly. He has a great attitude on the court too. I’ve seen Barrett and the likes pouting from time to time but Zion always seems even keeled.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta think he's playing with freshman. RJ shoots 30 percent from 3. Put Zion on the floor with two guys that can bury threes at will and he can break down a defense pretty badly with his size and strength.
Will be interesting as he is more of a throwback but I think he will be fine.

That's a big body to be running around trying to close out on 3 point attempts. But I guess that Harden is a slightly smaller version of him (built like a linebacker, probably one of the main reasons he sucks on defense). We'll see. I'm just not seeing the whole next great one. When Durant was in college he was skinny as a rail but he was clearly better than Oden as far as what you need to be a NBA player.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep trying to find a fault but I can’t. I haven’t watched Duke a ton but he makes his wide open threes, he’s unstoppable posting up, usually one spin move gets him to the basket, and he’s the most athletic player I’ve seen in some time. I want him on the Suns badly. He has a great attitude on the court too. I’ve seen Barrett and the likes pouting from time to time but Zion always seems even keeled.

We'll see. There's a reason the NBA favors more slender guys these days, and the biggest is the ridiculous shooters in the league put a lot of pressure on defenders to rotate. It's a different game.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big body to be running around trying to close out on 3 point attempts. But I guess that Harden is a slightly smaller version of him (built like a linebacker, probably one of the main reasons he sucks on defense). We'll see. I'm just not seeing the whole next great one. When Durant was in college he was skinny as a rail but he was clearly better than Oden as far as what you need to be a NBA player.

In hindsight yes Durant was an obvious choice but Oden would've been a freakish defensive player for at least a good five years had he stayed healthy. Obviously over a decade later no team would take Oden over Durant with the direction the league has gone. But an elite rim protector is still an elite rim protector. Just the offensive disparity would be too great in today's game. Not even a contest even if Oden stayed healthy.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me of Larry Johnson from UNLV

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me of Larry Johnson from UNLV

Or Glen Robinson or Jamal Mashburn or a bunch of other guys. Hopefully he proves me wrong because he's really fun to watch.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Glen Robinson or Jamal Mashburn or a bunch of other guys. Hopefully he proves me wrong because he's really fun to watch.
He is quicker and more athletic than those two but both had better outside shots as well. Mashburn was really good before he got injured in particular.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is quicker and more athletic than those two but both had better outside shots as well. Mashburn was really good before he got injured in particular.

You got to hit the 3 for a high clip. That's how the NBA works now. Some people complain about it but shooting's probably the most fundamental skill of the game.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His bust potential is pretty low.

Worst case scenario, he'll provide rebounding and defense and high effort.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion is doing what Larry Johnson did at UNLV. Using his strength to body college level players. He has slightly more elevation though but I think we underrate how good grandmama was in college.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke playing NBA defense...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward with back to back good looks...missed one. I think you gotta leave him in on Zion

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion been a Beast in 2nd half. 10 points in under 4 minutes