• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Recruiting Thread

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one I didn't count on. I had him going to TCU. It is a nice pre-NSD surprise.

I am cautiously optimistic TEXAS will do well if they can also grab longshots like Kyle Porter now.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I care about is us landing Jones and Hudson.......but if we get all the guys we're in on, we're looking at a top 5, maybe top 3 class.......that's INSANE.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we are getting a top 5 class. That seems insanely unlikely and unrealistic.
That is not happening even if Texas lands every single undecided and flips a few others not even on the radar.

If every single thing falls positive, Texas will be in the mid teens best case.
If things break negative, Texas will be in the low 20s.

That is not bad considering the team has went (11-14) the last 2 seasons.
Not to mention we have a serious glut of returning freshmen. We cannot sell playing time as easily like last year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama just got a commit from 4 star OT Scott Lashley

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama moves up to #4 on the 247 composite with this commit.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we are getting a top 5 class. That seems insanely unlikely and unrealistic.
That is not happening even if Texas lands every single undecided and flips a few others not even on the radar.

If every single thing falls positive, Texas will be in the mid teens best case.
If things break negative, Texas will be in the low 20s.

That is not bad considering the team has went (11-14) the last 2 seasons.
Not to mention we have a serious glut of returning freshmen. We cannot sell playing time as easily like last year.

Try using the calculator. If Texas lands all the current targets, they have a top 3 class.

Worst case, its teens as it stands RIGHT NOW. They're almost assured a top 10 class.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama lost a 3 star safety.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 lies you will tell yourself on National Signing Day

Getting ready for tomorrow. I suggest we all just use numbers instead of typing a heaping pile of horse crap:

1. Rival U is cheating significantly more than my school is.
  2. Our many JUCO signees have unique stories full of context and nuance, unlike Rival U's, who are bad people.
  3. Recruiting rankings are [total bullshit/anti-Great Plains/flawed forever because Texas commits were overrated like five years ago/ESECSPNBIAS/social constructs devised by the patriarchy] anyway.
  4. Rival U's four-star quarterback should play wide receiver or whatever.
  5. Our four-star wide receiver/athlete just needs one year of coaching and ~voila~ a quarterback.
  6. He's only a two-star because he's not in ~our~ strength program yet.
  7. [massive spree of excuses for your school's mediocre academic rankings and sad NFL Draft production, all in the same list somehow]
  8. I know a guy who says [...].
  9. Rival U's out here cutting student-athletes from its commitment list as if it's a downsizing drug cartel, whereas your critiques of my alma mater severing ties with some unacceptable players lack the facts.
  10. After studying* his film**, I think [...].
  11. Rival U's top signee wasn't even the best player in his own Home Ec class.
  12. Player said he chose us over Rival U because of our engineering program. This is why my school is special. The media should make a bigger deal out of this. Wow, the first Super Bowl MVP to land on Jupiter; can't wait. He made a 400-year decision, not a four-year decision. Rival U doesn't even have an engineering program that I acknowledge. I am shuddering with hope for the future of our species.
  13. Player said he chose Rival U over us because of their engineering program.Engineering cheating.
  14. Enormous monster speedbeast will never make the NFL, and the reason for that is he signed at Rival U.
  15. That our many unrated players have the same rating as Ed Reed is noteworthy.
  16. Kansas State has two-stars. Kansas State wins. We have two-stars. ERGO FACTO.
  17. Most of these signees and our head coach will still be here in four years.
  18. He only picked Rival U because his girlfriend/mom/dog/brother goes there. We didn't even waste all of our time trying, wisely.
  19. My tweets at recruits mattered.
  20. Alabama lost to underdog recruiting lightweight Ohio State a couple years ago, so recruiting rankings are meaningless.
  21. Khalil Mack and like a million blue chips get picked in the NFL Draft, so recruiting rankings are meaningless.
  22. The NCAA will do something about Rival U's cheating soon.
  23. The NCAA.
  24. I'll try and pay less attention to recruiting next year.
  25. We didn't want him.
* watching most of the first half of

** junior year YouTube highlights set to Future

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting ready for tomorrow. I suggest we all just use numbers instead of typing a heaping pile of horse crap:

2. Our many JUCO signees have unique stories full of context and nuance, unlike Rival U's, who are bad people.
  3. Recruiting rankings are [total bullshit/anti-Great Plains/flawed forever because Texas commits were overrated like five years ago/ESECSPNBIAS/social constructs devised by the patriarchy] anyway.
  5. Our four-star wide receiver/athlete just needs one year of coaching and ~voila~ a quarterback.
  7. [massive spree of excuses for your school's mediocre academic rankings and sad NFL Draft production, all in the same list somehow]
  9. Rival U's out here cutting student-athletes from its commitment list as if it's a downsizing drug cartel, whereas your critiques of my alma mater severing ties with some unacceptable players lack the facts.
  12. Player said he chose us over Rival U because of our engineering program. This is why my school is special. The media should make a bigger deal out of this. Wow, the first Super Bowl MVP to land on Jupiter; can't wait. He made a 400-year decision, not a four-year decision. Rival U doesn't even have an engineering program that I acknowledge. I am shuddering with hope for the future of our species.
  13. Player said he chose Rival U over us because of their engineering program.Engineering cheating.
  14. Enormous monster speedbeast will never make the NFL, and the reason for that is he signed at Rival U.
  15. That our many unrated players have the same rating as Ed Reed is noteworthy.
  16. Kansas State has two-stars. Kansas State wins. We have two-stars. ERGO FACTO.
  18. He only picked Rival U because his girlfriend/mom/dog/brother goes there. We didn't even waste all of our time trying, wisely.
  20. Alabama lost to underdog recruiting lightweight Ohio State a couple years ago, so recruiting rankings are meaningless.
  21. Khalil Mack and like a million blue chips get picked in the NFL Draft, so recruiting rankings are meaningless.
  23. The NCAA.
  25. We didn't want him.

OMG this is Texags in a nutshell, BRILLIANT

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

23. The NCAA.
  25. We didn't want him.

26. Stars don't matter. That 2* kid fits our program better and if he had camped more would have been a 4* anyways.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

23. The NCAA.
  25. We didn't want him.

Do I have to use all 25, or can I just pick a few from the list?

Cuz #1, #22, #25 I am totally with.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot dog! Christmas-Giles. Just watched the Nola newscast with him making the announcement. First in a gaggle of DT's we'll be getting, and the one with the quickest first step.

didn't play his junior year, or he'd be a top 50 player.

Cant wait until tomorrow.

Last edited: