• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Bears Draft Thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF two are gone by 8, they need to talk to Tampa bay to get the third, otherwise, it will be a second or third day crapshoot.

We still do not know what the plan is with Massie and Long either, Bears still list Long as an OT. So if that is the plan, to use one of those two on the left side, then we know there will be a top D man there to take. I just think I will shit if the bears take another DT after the moves and last two or three drafts. DE, ok, since we really have beeen playing DT's at teh 5 tech.

There some solid o-line prospects that will go in the 2nd round or later.

Jason Spriggs
Cody Whitehair

2 guys that could be great players that should/might make it into the 2nd rd.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen that Spriggs as a late first rounder in mocks, also LeRaven Clark might go to denver at 31 too. So some second round picks are really first round talent. At least you would not have them drafting the tight end in the second lol.

Its just gonna be a fun draft to watch pains from the past haunt some teams. If Elliot is there at 8, will the Browns forget about Trent Richardson? Will Dallas pass on Boyd who can make fans forget about Demarcus Ware leaving to get the next Emmit Smith?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen that Spriggs as a late first rounder in mocks, also LeRaven Clark might go to denver at 31 too. So some second round picks are really first round talent. At least you would not have them drafting the tight end in the second lol.

Its just gonna be a fun draft to watch pains from the past haunt some teams. If Elliot is there at 8, will the Browns forget about Trent Richardson? Will Dallas pass on Boyd who can make fans forget about Demarcus Ware leaving to get the next Emmit Smith?

:thumb: Can't wait.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan could be a solid backup. I admittedly haven't seen much of Brissett. I wouldn't touch the other two.

We do not need a solid back up... If we need a solid backup, Id rather see them sign a free agent vet that has actually plaed.. If they go qb,it had better be a first or maybe a second rounder..... These late round qbs can take a hike....

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Browns drafting Zeke would reek of trying to pander to Buckeyes' fans instead of trying to build a competitive team. They have needs all over the place far greater than RB; basically, every position except CB. At this point, the have more holes than legitimate starters. You don't draft a RB top 10 when you're in that situation.

Then again, it's the Browns, so maybe trading away the opportunity to draft a potential franchise QB, so they can draft a RB is exactly what they'll do.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Walter did not have a great line when he started either. there is something to say for building it together.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not need a solid back up... If we need a solid backup, Id rather see them sign a free agent vet that has actually plaed.. If they go qb,it had better be a first or maybe a second rounder..... These late round qbs can take a hike....

Especially seeing as we already have a late round QB that we've been sitting on, in Fales. There just wouldn't be much point, unless Pace really has his eye on someone.

I honestly think Cardale may be worth a flyer late. A lot of raw ability.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow will be interesting guys...

This is one year where I truly have NO idea what we're going to do.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing this out there...

It's starting to look increasingly likely that Jack might slide a little due to concerns about his knee. Possibly out of the top 10. There's some extra risk there, but it's an interesting possibility nonetheless.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing this out there...

It's starting to look increasingly likely that Jack might slide a little due to concerns about his knee. Possibly out of the top 10. There's some extra risk there, but it's an interesting possibility nonetheless.

As a Buckeye's fan. What's your opinion on Cardale?

I've had a few conversations about him recently. I think he'd be worth a flyer late (as I stated above). He's a project, but a guy I'd like to see get a shot down the line.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow will be interesting guys...

This is one year where I truly have NO idea what we're going to do.

Defense with the first is my best speculation.....lol

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Buckeye's fan. What's your opinion on Cardale?

Big QB, huge arm, nice deep ball. Needs a ton of work everywhere else. Is he worth a flier? Probably, at some point, but I look at the draft as risk-reward, supply-demand, and everything I've seen puts him going earlier (3rd-4th) than I'd be willing to spend a pick on him (5th or later).

I don't like this QB class much in general. Goff and Wentz are going 1-2. Whatever. Based on where other guys are roughly projected to go: Paxton Lynch intrigues me; I like Sudfeld for a late-round developmental guy; and Hogan seems like a good play for a team needing a cheap backup. I don't really have an opinion on Brissett. That's pretty much it.

I've seen enough of Cook, Hackenberg, and Prescott to know I don't want em. Everyone else I'd put in UDFA territory.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense with the first is my best speculation.....lol

Same, if I had to guess.

I've listened to a lot of Pace pressers recently as well. He seems to be very big on going best available.

Nothing would shock me, but I do get the feeling that we'll grab a defensive guy. I would love for Hargreaves to fall to us, but I don't know if he will...

Who knows... for the first year in a while, I don't even really even have interest in speculating. I'm going to just sit back and see what happens.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be interesting. With the big trades and odd happenings over the past few weeks...this could really go anywhere. I don't think any position would surprise me at this point. Should be a fun night.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT would surprise me round 1. Lot of the filler free agents they signed are one year deals, its making sure this draft class takes those jobs next year.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be interesting. With the big trades and odd happenings over the past few weeks...this could really go anywhere. I don't think any position would surprise me at this point. Should be a fun night.

Lol.........Qb?

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Conklin and Zeke (possibly via trade) are the most likely possibilities. Defense is definitely a possibility as well, but it's hard to figure out who would be a likely possibility there. Bosa, Buckner, and Ramsey should be gone. Jack potentially sliding complicates things. Giants reportedly like Floyd a lot. Rankins and Lee probably don't fit. Hargreaves is a possibility, but it's starting to sound like he could slide a bit.

Jack and Lynch seem to be the biggest wildcards that could really shake things up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's the night.

I work in sports radio, and had to come back to work to run the production board for CBS Sports Network draft coverage. However... I am here alone, and the job is easy, just fire commercial breaks accordingly. So, I brought along the laptop... and also a little bit of whiskey to pass the time.

Let's rock and roll. Go Bears!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Conklin and Zeke (possibly via trade) are the most likely possibilities. Defense is definitely a possibility as well, but it's hard to figure out who would be a likely possibility there. Bosa, Buckner, and Ramsey should be gone. Jack potentially sliding complicates things. Giants reportedly like Floyd a lot. Rankins and Lee probably don't fit. Hargreaves is a possibility, but it's starting to sound like he could slide a bit.

Jack and Lynch seem to be the biggest wildcards that could really shake things up.

I don't know if I like o-linemen in the 1st anymore? I used to be all about the big uglies early, but it seems the vast majority are never NFL-ready? They all seem to take a few years to come into their own. May as well go 2nd or 3rd rd if that's true.

This-is-so-Exciting-Pineapple-Express.gif