• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Bears Draft Thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I look at the draft order....... Philly does not have Murray anymore and now has Matthews as the top back.I just see them going with him as the future back.

They very could draft the kid from Ohio State......:noidea:

Travis Henry would be a good choice, but he may not be an early first round value..... Yeah it very well could be defense as our choice..... It'll be interesting.

Most pundits have him not getting past Philly.

With the Rams trade, the Draft gets more interesting for everyone in the Top 15 IMO. There could be some big names falling further than expected.

There are some stud defensive players in the top 10-15 players this year.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams undoubtedly go qb.....No other reason for me to believe they don't.

And Dallas also has a shot at Ezekiel.So that's two possible teams keeping rb from us.

It does seem like a defensive player will be coming our way...... hmm I wonder which one I will be leaning towards?lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Vernon Hargreaves III - CB, Florida
2. Jason Spriggs - OT, Indiana
3. Yannick Ngakoue - DE/OLB, Maryland
4. Kyler Fackrell - OLB, Utah St.
4. K.J. Dillon - S, West Virginia
5. Nick Vannett - TE, Ohio St.
6. Matt Ioannidis - DT, Temple
7. B.J. Goodson - ILB, Clemson

I'd take that draft.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicago Sun-Times' Adam Jahns reports Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott is "squarely" on the Bears' radar at No. 11 overall.

Per Rotoworld: The Bears flirted with restricted free agent C.J. Anderson before he ultimately signed an offer sheet with the Dolphins that was matched by Denver. Chicago clearly has interest in adding talent to its backfield, and Elliott visited Halas Hall earlier this week and has said he'd love to play for the Bears. RBs coach Stan Drayton recruited Elliott to Ohio State and coached him there before joining the Bears' staff last season. Elliott figures to be a top-15 pick next week.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicago Sun-Times' Adam Jahns reports Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott is "squarely" on the Bears' radar at No. 11 overall.

Per Rotoworld: The Bears flirted with restricted free agent C.J. Anderson before he ultimately signed an offer sheet with the Dolphins that was matched by Denver. Chicago clearly has interest in adding talent to its backfield, and Elliott visited Halas Hall earlier this week and has said he'd love to play for the Bears. RBs coach Stan Drayton recruited Elliott to Ohio State and coached him there before joining the Bears' staff last season. Elliott figures to be a top-15 pick next week.

I would be shocked if he makes it that far.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want a good laugh? I saw that Mel Kiper's mock draft shows Elliott not even being drafted in the first round... then getting selected by the Cowboys at #34.

:L Well, with the Philly trade, he COULD drop more than expected. They were the team I really thought would nab him at 8.

The Bears seem committed to Leno at LT, but a guy like Ronnie Stanley could be there at 11...tough to pass on a stud LT

If Buckner is available, I think that's where they'll go.

Who knows tho?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Well, with the Philly trade, he COULD drop more than expected. They were the team I really thought would nab him at 8.

The Bears seem committed to Leno at LT, but a guy like Ronnie Stanley could be there at 11...tough to pass on a stud LT

Who knows tho?

I am looking at mocks that STILL have Mariota getting either Staley or Conklin at 15. Thats who they would have selected at one. So they got more picks and instead of paying that tackle 22 million dollar contract, they will be getting him for around 9.5 or 10 projected rookie contract. I just cannot see grabbing one of them at 11.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking at mocks that STILL have Mariota getting either Staley or Conklin at 15. Thats who they would have selected at one. So they got more picks and instead of paying that tackle 22 million dollar contract, they will be getting him for around 9.5 or 10 projected rookie contract. I just cannot see grabbing one of them at 11.

A guy can dream. NFL.com has Stanley going to the Bears, but they also have them taking Hunter Henry(TE) in rd 2, would would piss me the fuck right off.

If the Bears take a fucking TE with their 2nd pick, and they have failed miserably in the draft before even finishing IMO.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is certain, there is almost certain to be a stud Defensive player sitting there, when it's our turn to pick.

Ronnie Stanley, Ezekial Elliott or Leonard Floyd?

Who would you want? I think Stanley may be the best Tackle in the draft. He'd be my guy, if available.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Staley or Conklin. Its not only Jay, its the QB for the next 5 years to a decade (unless they get a lefty)

But thats where you get the needs and BPA arguments coming from all sides. Nobody trusts Miller to stay healthy, and with all the "trusted" playmakers gone, if its a guy that ends up like Gronk or Graham its probably a valuable pick for that tight end in the second. Guys like Big Cat Williams was an undrafted free agent and Leno was a 7th rounder.

And I know Elliot is a stud and the one thing that comes to mind is our brass saying we need more playmakers.

I still look at this team having two first round picks this year, with White being one of them, so its not gonna be a bad idea to take a safe pick like a LT. You take a OLB at 11, I do not think he is the starter. I am not sure Elliot would take the starting job either.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Ohio state guy people were talking about was Bosa, the phenomenal OLB/DE not the running back.

Joey Bosa is arguably the #1 overall prospect in the class. He's pretty strictly a 43 LDE though. Doesn't have the athleticism you typically see at the position top 5, but he has a great skillset + motor, resulting in very good productivity. Good pass rusher, beast at setting the edge. Needs to learn to stop hitting QBs high. Should go top 5.

Zeke isn't the running talent of Peterson or Gurley, but he's a very good runner, and the most complete RB prospect in a long time. He's a great blocker. Top 10 prospect, hard to say where he goes because of positional value.

Darron Lee is a converted safety/QB that's still learning to play LB, and yet, he's a potential top 10 pick. He played the same position/role as Shazier. Not as polished, but his ceiling is probably higher in the right system. He's an every-down LB that likes to hit, but may be limited by size.

Taylor Decker is a good, solid OL. Good guy to have in the locker room/huddle. Limited athletically. Might kick inside, but I think he's a RT. Probably goes in the 20s.

Eli Apple fits the mold of the long, athletic, physical CB everyone wants now. I think he has a legit chance to be the best Buckeye in this class. Could go anywhere from mid first to early 2nd.

Vonn Bell is probably the top "coverage safety" in this class (maybe a S/CB hybrid). Less than ideal size. Not an elite athlete, but has good instincts and ball skills. Biggest concern is physicality. Late 1st, early 2nd. (probably benefiting from a weak safety class)

Michael Thomas is underrated because of the Buckeyes' offense. Doesn't have great top-end speed, but he's a big, physical WR with good ballskills. His route running needs work, but he's got potential, evident by the clowning he put on Fuller to start the season. Early 2nd.

Braxton Miller is obviously a work in progress, but he's already shown a lot of development in a relatively short time. He is a rare talent with the ball in his hands, which is something you can't teach. High risk, high reward. Hard to predict, 2nd, maybe?

Joshua Perry is a big, physical LB with good instincts. Might be limited to 1st and 2nd down as a "LB," but he got some work as DE in camp, and thought he showed flashes as a blitzer this past season, so maybe he stays on the field in a different capacity? 2nd-3rd.

Adolphus Washington
seems to have become almost criminally underrated for a DL with his versatility. 2nd-3rd. (probably undervalued because of the quality of this DL class)

Nick Vannett
doesn't have the athleticism to be a top tier TE, but he could be a good all-around TE. 3rd-4th?

Cardale Jones is a huge QB, with an even bigger arm. Throws a nice deep ball, but questionable accuracy, and needs to develop mentally. 3rd-5th?

There are probably a handful or so more Buckeyes that will get drafted Saturday or be among the first UDFAs signed.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just took Vernon Hargreaves III with the 11th pick.

Hargreaves at 11 would be a steal. A lot of people think he's a better pure CB prospect than Ramsey (bit of a hybrid), and he'd likely be getting top 5 consideration in most classes.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook is train wreck, no thanks.

This. Presumably Goff and Wentz will go 1-2. Paxton Lynch is almost certainly third, although, it's hard to predict how high he'll go. There isn't another QB I'd even consider until the 4th.

Nate Sudfeld of Indiana is an intriguing late-round prospect.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K college followers....sell me on one of these QB's.

Dak Prescott - Miss. St.
Kevin Hogan - Stanford
Jacoby Brissett - N.C. St.
Christian Hackenberg - Penn St.

I'm leaning towards one of the first two

Hogan could be a solid backup. I admittedly haven't seen much of Brissett. I wouldn't touch the other two.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never say never with the draft, but I'd put the odds of both going top 10 higher than either sliding to 15.

Staley or Conklin would either one be a good, solid pick at 11. That said, I think there are some intriguing day 2-3 OL prospects in this class, so would have to weigh either against the alternatives, and whether the phone is ringing.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's available at 11, and anyone in the Bears' front office suggests picking anyone else, they should be fired on the spot, but it's hard to see that happening. He's a top 5 talent and prototype 3-4 DE that'd make a lot of sense for Baltimore, SF, or Cleveland.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its a different regime, but considering all the second and third rounders that are gone from this team, I really dont want to see that again. Yes, I understand new regime, but a real pro left tackle is going to cost alot, and when teams finally are ready to let them go, like Pace, like Bushrod, they are let walk because they are losing it and their team do not think they are worth it anymore. Yes, the draft could go all Defense too, but I think its safe to stay at 11 and get Conklin or Staley instead of trading picks to get up to 3 and take Tunsil. For all we know, he might still be on the board at 7, then I can see making a move trading 11 and a few of the late rounders. I would much rather do that than hope a second day tackle.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ronnie Stanley is going to be the best of the bunch. Just a hunch.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF two are gone by 8, they need to talk to Tampa bay to get the third, otherwise, it will be a second or third day crapshoot.

We still do not know what the plan is with Massie and Long either, Bears still list Long as an OT. So if that is the plan, to use one of those two on the left side, then we know there will be a top D man there to take. I just think I will shit if the bears take another DT after the moves and last two or three drafts. DE, ok, since we really have beeen playing DT's at teh 5 tech.