• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Bears Draft Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT would be my first choice. It would give us a great Oline.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Joe, but I'm tired of hinging our hopes on late round qbs.....If you think we need a different backup, what's wrong with Clausen then?
We already know he sucks, but I'd rather take a qb from the freeagency list to use as a backup or better yet,use the 11th pick for which ever of the top 3 qbs are left.

And I really do think our 1st pick is going qb or rb........js

You guys who want elsewhere should be happy I think this way...... Cause I'm always wrong.lol

well... jump right on that QB thing. Ha... no thoughts on my other picks? haha.
I simply don't think any of these QB's are worth the #11 pick. And have always maintained that the needs of the team are too great to waste a pick on boardline first round QB- simply because you want anyone other than Jay.
Clausen was garbage...(and doesn't play for the Bears anymore!)

Do you really think that the 3rd best QB IN THIS draft is good enough? Or do you simply want anyone other than Cutler? Hogan is also been noted as one of the most PRO ready guys out there. The top 3 QB's would barely crack the first round in different years.

Oh that's right you want a FIRST ROUND QB... like say- JaMarcus Russell? or Ryan Leaf? How about Cade McNown? You be happy with any of those FIRST ROUND QB's? LOL

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply don't think any of these QB's are worth the #11 pick. And have always maintained that the needs of the team are too great to waste a pick on boardline first round QB- simply because you want anyone other than Jay.

Do you really think that the 3rd best QB IN THIS draft is good enough? Or do you simply want anyone other than Cutler? Hogan is also been noted as one of the most PRO ready guys out there. The top 3 QB's would barely crack the first round in different years.

Oh that's right you want a FIRST ROUND QB... like say- JaMarcus Russell? or Ryan Leaf? How about Cade McNown? You be happy with any of those FIRST ROUND QB's? LOL

Okay, I'm a Cutler fan, but this is just silly anecdotal evidence.

By this logic, I could also point out the numerous amount of first round QB's who have been a smashing success, and argue that for those reasons we SHOULD draft a QB in the first round.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have so many positions we could get younger at, not sure where I would draft. BPA works. T, DE, DT, CB, RB all work.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have so many positions we could get younger at, not sure where I would draft. BPA works. T, DE, DT, CB, RB all work.

Yeah, I think it has to just be best available. Unlike a lot of other years, we don't have one glaring position that just leaps out at you.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it has to just be best available. Unlike a lot of other years, we don't have one glaring position that just leaps out at you.
Heh, we have 5-6... :pound:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should check out the SportsHoopla mock draft. It's in the Mock Draft Forum at the top of the Other Forum section.

I'm drafting for the Bears.

I just took Vernon Hargreaves III with the 11th pick.

Open to suggestions when the other rounds roll around.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should've taken Elliott?:think:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, we have 5-6... :pound:

Oh, absolutely. I just mean that in the past, there's been a lot of times where "we HAVE to draft Oline"... "We HAVE to draft defense!"... etc... I don't think there's that one spot that makes you say that. Closest being Oline, probably.

I don't think we have one position that is THAT bad. Where you could make the argument that it may be in the worst shape in the league. From 07 through 2012. We legitimately had the worst Oline in the league for an embarrassingly long stretch. After 2013, we HAD to draft defense. It was such an embarrassment.

I don't know, maybe I am making zero sense. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should've taken Elliott?:think:

I think I've made it obnoxiously clear how much I am against taking a RB anywhere near #11 overall in the draft. However, I do suppose this season, seeing that we can go BPA. It wouldn't make me punch a wall out... Elliot does have the write-ups of a complete stud. I haven't watched him closely myself.

Then again... I retract that somewhat. I like Langford, Carey and Rodgers. I really think that's a solid/cost-effective platoon. Which is all you need nowadays.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've made it obnoxiously clear how much I am against taking a RB anywhere near #11 overall in the draft. However, I do suppose this season, seeing that we can go BPA. It wouldn't make me punch a wall out... Elliot does have the write-ups of a complete stud. I haven't watched him closely myself.

Then again... I retract that somewhat. I like Langford, Carey and Rodgers. I really think that's a solid/cost-effective platoon. Which is all you need nowadays.

Comparisons to AP en sech.

It was between Hargreaves and Elliott for me in the mock. I went with Hargreaves because I thought it filled a greater need.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was between Hargreaves and Elliott for me in the mock. I went with Hargreaves because I thought it filled a greater need.
Makes sence.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have went Elliott. I'm really not impressed with our RBs and our CB need will depend on the pass rush. Still a good pick no complaints. We need quality players and Hargreaves is that. Was any of the good LTs left when you picked?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have went Elliott. I'm really not impressed with our RBs and our CB need will depend on the pass rush. Still a good pick no complaints. We need quality players and Hargreaves is that. Was any of the good LTs left when you picked?

I really thought about it, regarding Elliott. As far as LT's were concerned, Jack Conklin was still on the board, and I considered him as well.

Here's the link if ya wanna check it out.
Nos' 3rd Annual NFL Mock Draft : PICKS

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should've taken Conklin.

This came up quick, and I haven't done any research.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should've taken Conklin.

This came up quick, and I haven't done any research.
Ya to a LT. Man would this line look good with a shinny new LT. Then C would be my only concern. Not sure about our young C. Just looks weak to me. Gets pushed around a lot.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely. If the pickups in the front seven pan out, the defense could be a stud CB from really getting over the hill. IMO

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon JoJo......Whaddya mean jump on the qb thing?

You said draft a late round qb.....Why? Your boy Jay Jay the Jet plane is not gonna play forever.So what's wrong with drafting a qb while we have this high of pick? And we all think this team is getting better after all the free agent signings, we not get to pick this low again.
You say these are borderline qbs,but hey, even the great and powerful Oz doesn't know this.

And I'm saying qb OR rb,because deep down,I think that's the way they are going...... seriously.
There are always training camp casualties teams release every season that are worth picking up.... Maybe one of the other positions you mentioned could possibly filled thru that way..... Hell I have no idea, and neither does anyone else here does either.

Oh and btw....... Your hindsight is 20/20,same as everyone else who wants to play the bust game........

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood... No worries, Man... I just think it's funny as the resident Cutler "nut hugger" that if I even glimmer the faintest of faint cues to the QB position...someone comments on it. (and you went RIGHT to it... right to the QB... no mention of my other picks)

I like Kevin Hogan, at a late 4th round pick. (higher than what he's projected) The drafting of a first round QB isn't something I think would be a good pick. FOR both reasons- A. We have Jay & B. I don't believe the guys that would be available are worth an 11 pick. NOW... if any of the three are still there when we pick in the 2nd round. By all means grab em... That...to me... is better value.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood... No worries, Man... I just think it's funny as the resident Cutler "nut hugger" that if I even glimmer the faintest of faint cues to the QB position...someone comments on it. (and you went RIGHT to it... right to the QB... no mention of my other picks)

We gotta address the QB position Joey. Cutty is getting long in the tooth and we are putting together a young team with no QB of the future. Father time is undefeated. I don't think some 6th round QB is gonna do it. We need to make that sacrifice and spend a early pick on a guy that won't play for awhile. I hope we use our first round 20th pick on a QB. That's right I said 20th pick. You know why I said it.