• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who has watched exactly one Hawks game in his lifetime, is Carroll a good signing?

You guys probably overpaid him, in my opinion, but he's a solid player regardless. He's a great defender, has a decent three-point shot, and has a lot of heart. And, like gordon just said, he can defend LeBron. For a team like the Raptors, that's going to be a huge help come Playoff time. He was probably Atlanta's best player in the Playoffs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're in the East - which the Raptors are - he's great to have in a series vs LeBron. He can handle the bulk of that assignment which is huge. Pretty good value in the contract, IMO, especially considering the cap jump looming.

I agree..EC teams need to focus on trying to slow down James in a 7 game series and still be able to have offense on the court.

That's what excites me about this Heat roster. Deng and Winslow can pretty much solely focus on D vs the Cavs.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still has nothing to do with Dragic though.

And although Kyrie is set in stone, he's made of glass.

Assuming you sign Love and let's say JR.., and assuming the Heat sign Wade..

Our starting 5 offense has it's way with your defense.
Now whether we can stop you would remain to be seen.

I'm surprise Heat fan's are excited about bringing back the exact same team that missed the playoffs last year and in the process completely capped themselves out to the point that improvements moving forward are going to be next to impossible.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys probably overpaid him, in my opinion, but he's a solid player regardless. He's a great defender, has a decent three-point shot, and has a lot of heart. And, like gordon just said, he can defend LeBron. For a team like the Raptors, that's going to be a huge help come Playoff time. He was probably Atlanta's best player in the Playoffs.

So, the Raptors just became last years Hawks?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is mentioning Duncan's pending free agency? How will the Spurs afford to pay him if they LA? Are we just assuming he's going to take a minimum contract?

I know Windhorst doesn't think he'll do that, having just gone through a costly divorce.

Duncan has made around $200 million in his career. I'm not the type of guy to get into these guys' personal life, but it's *rumored* that she had an affair while they were married. Not sure how messy that could've been in terms of how much money she gets.

Regardless, I think Duncan comes back around $5-$10 mil. If the Spurs retain everything they got, and get Lamarcus Aldridge, then good luck with that title hunt, Cleveland.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Boy looks like Spurs are going all in. They traded splitter.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it’s the Hunger Games but the good news is their relatively healthy starting backcourt makes up the league’s most potent attacking duo with the ball in their hands in terms of efficiency.

Enter Dwyane Wade and Goran Dragic, who rank first and second, respectively, in field-goal percentage ondrives this season (min of five attempts), according to NBA.com.

The separation between them? A heaping 0.01 percent, with both exceeding the 55-percent.

They’re also both beasts at the rim (shooting above 65%), making them the undisputed apex NBA backcourt in terms of finishing among the Land of Bigs. The most surprising part about it in regards to Dragic is he has just one — as in singular — dunk on the entire season. For comparison’s sake, Dwyane Wade has 22. Russell Westbrook has 40.

To be among the best finishers in the league regardless of position despite playing below the rim and standing just 6-foot-3, is a remarkable feat

U guys should be good if healthy.

Our offensive should create fits for anyone.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understand correctly...

Butler is a free agent right now and is getting the max as it stands with the current salary cap.

Davis is set to be a free agent next season. They are agreeing - in advance - to a 5-year extension using the terms of the future projected cap.

Davis's salary isn't affected this year... he's on the last year of his current deal. Butler's new contract will start for this season.
damn and he can make that much more. holly crap.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprise Heat fan's are excited about bringing back the exact same team that missed the playoffs last year and in the process completely capped themselves out to the point that improvements moving forward are going to be next to impossible.

Maybe you weren't aware that Bosh missed a ton of the season and played sick for prob a month before he stopped.
He never played a minute with this years starting 5 assuming Wade is back.
Dragic/Whiteside were thrown into a system which wasn't designed for them and will be 100% different this year.

McRoberts missed the season.
I think we started over 30 different lineups because of all the injuries.

We just drafted what everyone is calling the steal of the draft.

I'm assuming this years 3 point shooters won't be U.D. and Bird.
Not having Bosh/McRoberts was a huge loss in that area because of how they can stretch a D.

I think we have ALOT to be excited about now, and moving forward.

Not sure how you think we will be completely capped out when all indications are that Riley wants to pursue Durant, but we will see.

Again, how do you defend our starting 5?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you weren't aware that Bosh missed a ton of the season and played sick for prob a month before he stopped.
He never played a minute with this years starting 5 assuming Wade is back.
Dragic/Whiteside were thrown into a system which wasn't designed for them and will be 100% different this year.

McRoberts missed the season.
I think we started over 30 different lineups because of all the injuries.

We just drafted what everyone is calling the steal of the draft.

I'm assuming this years 3 point shooters won't be U.D. and Bird.
Not having Bosh/McRoberts was a huge loss in that area because of how they can stretch a D.

I think we have ALOT to be excited about now, and moving forward.

Not sure how you think we will be completely capped out when all indications are that Riley wants to pursue Durant, but we will see.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you watch the Heat last season? Injuries were the main reason we missed out on the playoffs.....barely. Bosh missed the last 30 games with a blood clot in his lung, we got Dragic around the trade deadline, so chemistry was an issue as well. The Heat rolled out a significantly different number of combinations in terms of lineup.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy. Just kick their walking aides out from under them.

man-walker-falling-16010445.jpg

How many games are 30+ Goran and 33+ Wade likely to play together in the next 4 years? Not enough to justify $40M between the two of them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami made a good move in keeping Dragic. I had hoped the Lakers had gone for him before they drafted Russell.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree..EC teams need to focus on trying to slow down James in a 7 game series and still be able to have offense on the court.

That's what excites me about this Heat roster. Deng and Winslow can pretty much solely focus on D vs the Cavs.
Bulls got Butler and maybe Snell that can guard LBJ. Im hoping Bulls land Wesley Mathews. That would get us a legit SG and Move Dunleavy to the bench where he belongs. starting lineup of:
Rose
Mathews
Butler
Gasol
Noah

Bench:
Dunleavy
Brooks
Gibson
Mirotic
Portis
McBucketts