• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or sign Wade. If they dont sign Wade they are just an average team, maybe borderline playoffs, borderline .500. Wade is easily the key in this whole thing.
IF Wade resigns
IF Dragic resigns
IF Whiteside stays sane and healthy
IF Bosh stays healthy both with on court stuff and the blod clot stuff
IF Deng resigns and has not lost 3 steps
IF they can find some shooting for the vet minimum
IF Winslow gives more than the typical late lotto pick

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they dont sign Hill, Sacre, and Blue they could have approximately $22.7 mil in cap space btw

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Wade resigns
IF Dragic resigns
IF Whiteside stays sane and healthy
IF Bosh stays healthy both with on court stuff and the blod clot stuff
IF Deng resigns and has not lost 3 steps
IF they can find some shooting for the vet minimum
IF Winslow gives more than the typical late lotto pick

All that and THEN they MIGHT be able to compete with the Cavs :laugh3:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a strange situation with Butler.

It LOOKS like he wants to get to LA. Chicago has matching rights- but after 1 year he could be gone. I mean- sign and trade here? I dunno.....do the Lakers want to be patient and wait a year and see what happens? This Butler situtaion has the makings of being the 1st of its kind in the NBA where a restricted FA turns down a max offer....kind of in uncharted waters here.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well despite what Jimmy Butler and many others want, he can't sign a one-year deal with the Lakers because of a provision in the CBA that prohibits him from doing so called the Max Qualifying Offer. It has to be a three-year deal and there are other limits in play that are basically going to keep Butler stuck in Chicago until he works a short-term deal to become a FA. It is explained in an article posted below. This a fantasy at this juncture.

Jimmy Butler wants to sign a 1-year deal with the Lakers, but he can't - SBNation.com

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year i heard the same thing- 50 wins, 4 seed, cant wait to see a potential Cavs/Heat series..blah blah blah

what i saw was lotto in the East.

So- before ya go crazy and self-declare that you are even in the same stratosphere as the Cavs...lets see a .500 record for a month or two...deal?

Heard from whom?
My Heat prediction was they would be 'around .500'.
No expectations at all.
I said we hadn't addressed our previous weaknesses plus lost James and our outside shooters.

And I agree, the Cavs should be solid favorites.

You guys went from lotto to first,correct?
OF COURSE, James was the reason and he's still there, so I am by no means expecting it.

And, of course lets see how FA plays out.

Just making discussion.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that and THEN they MIGHT be able to compete with the Cavs :laugh3:
Cavs have plenty of IF's too---- but right now those IF's look a lot more definite. LeBron WILL be back. Thompson WILL be back absent somethign crazy happening. It sure looks like Love will be back from all indications- but i will continue to say that deal is not done until its done.
LeBron age 30
Kyrie age 23
Love age 26
Thompson age 24
Shumpert age 24
Mozgov age 28
Varejao age 31

thats the CAvs core right there--- thats gonna be hard to beat in the EAst....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that Wade is about to opt out of his contract, wouldn't that be a hoot if Deandre Jordon, Lebron, Love, and Wade all end up with the Lakers. lol. Just kidding.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well despite what Jimmy Butler and many others want, he can't sign a one-year deal with the Lakers because of a provision in the CBA that prohibits him from doing so called the Max Qualifying Offer. It has to be a three-year deal and there are other limits in play that are basically going to keep Butler stuck in Chicago until he works a short-term deal to become a FA. It is explained in an article posted below. This a fantasy at this juncture.

Jimmy Butler wants to sign a 1-year deal with the Lakers, but he can't - SBNation.com

nice post man. That is very informative.

As I see it- if Butler wants out quickly- he has to take and play under the 1 year qualifying offer that is pretty cheap- and then hit unrestricted free agency next year

Either that- or have a team he wants to go to- ie the Lakers- make the Bulls an offer for him. Would the Bulls trade Russell for Butler? - i doubt it....

Its an odd situation and the cap situation only obscures it more.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs have plenty of IF's too---- but right now those IF's look a lot more definite. LeBron WILL be back. Thompson WILL be back absent somethign crazy happening. It sure looks like Love will be back from all indications- but i will continue to say that deal is not done until its done.
LeBron age 30
Kyrie age 23
Love age 26
Thompson age 24
Shumpert age 24
Mozgov age 28
Varejao age 31

The big IF's are injuries and what players they can get for more depth for the backcourt. But yeah that team looks pretty young.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Varejao will actually still be in a uniform when April rolls around..
Or Kyrie?
Or Love?

Hope for 2 of 3
Expect 1 of 3.
And if anything every fails on James' body....the parties over before it ever started.

Why do I imagine you holding a voodoo doll as you type this?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice post man. That is very informative.

As I see it- if Butler wants out quickly- he has to take and play under the 1 year qualifying offer that is pretty cheap- and then hit unrestricted free agency next year

Either that- or have a team he wants to go to- ie the Lakers- make the Bulls an offer for him. Would the Bulls trade Russell for Butler? - i doubt it....

Its an odd situation and the cap situation only obscures it more.

Thanks man. Yep, you have it correct. Butler can't go anywhere unless there is a sign and trade and the Lakers are not going to offer Russell. Butler is pretty much stuck for a year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do have to get a chuckle out of the Irving stuff especially- he plays in 75 games- would have been more if not for the 2-3 games off time at the end- and plays top 10 minutes per game in the league (actually i am pretty sure it was top 5)- and then supposedly he cant make it through a season. Unreal. Steph Curry had much more severe issues than Kyrie ever has and he is fine- Kyrie has never had an injury that carries over to the next se
Varejao is gonna get his minutes very limited since he will be the 4th big- which should keep him healthy--- Kyrie should be fine once the season starts- i mean the guy did play in 75 games (and a few of those misses were at the very end) and he played some of the most minutes in the entire league last season- he just got hurt at the wrong time- if it happened in february no one would have noticed or cared.

lets hope no one rips Loves shoulder out of its socket next year....

Cavs do need to do a better job of collecting their vet minumums that wil lactually play- they need a couple guards- man- ray ray would have actually been really nice there in the Finals after all the injuries and stuff.....

they definitely need to build up some depth in the back court- because right now they have Irving, probably Shumpert, probably Delly and Joe Harris--- they need 2 more guys there I would think....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron age 30
Kyrie age 23
Love age 26
Thompson age 24
Shumpert age 24
Mozgov age 28
Varejao age 31

Seriously??

Why are you mentioning age on the players who can't stay healthy?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I NEVER wish for anyone to get injured.
Last year I said it would be ironic and karma if it did happen.
I'm not feeling sorry for Cavs fans, ever, if it continues to happen as long as James is there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do have to get a chuckle out of the Irving stuff especially- he plays in 75 games- would have been more if not for the 2-3 games off time at the end- and plays top 10 minutes per game in the league (actually i am pretty sure it was top 5)- and then supposedly he cant make it through a season. Unreal. Steph Curry had much more severe issues than Kyrie ever has and he is fine- Kyrie has never had an injury that carries over to the next se

Varejao is gonna get his minutes very limited since he will be the 4th big- which should keep him healthy--- Kyrie should be fine once the season starts- i mean the guy did play in 75 games (and a few of those misses were at the very end) and he played some of the most minutes in the entire league last season- he just got hurt at the wrong time- if it happened in february no one would have noticed or cared.

lets hope no one rips Loves shoulder out of its socket next year....

Cavs do need to do a better job of collecting their vet minumums that wil lactually play- they need a couple guards- man- ray ray would have actually been really nice there in the Finals after all the injuries and stuff.....

they definitely need to build up some depth in the back court- because right now they have Irving, probably Shumpert, probably Delly and Joe Harris--- they need 2 more guys there I would think....

You get a chuckle at the premise of Kyrie finishing the season on the IR list?

How many times going back to high school has he finished a season healthy?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they could get a player out of the Haywood deal that they could drop or keep, it would be great. And Mo Williams would be a good player behind Kyrie. Delly could be a pretty good 3rd option. I think they just need one more key guy behind Lebron and Shump that can be a scorer, energy type of guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could get a player out of the Haywood deal that they could drop or keep, it would be great. And Mo Williams would be a good player behind Kyrie. Delly could be a pretty good 3rd option. I think they just need one more key guy behind Lebron and Shump that can be a scorer, energy type of guy.

They definitely could use one more wing player behind Bron and Shumpert that can play defense and get out in transition and ideally- hit a three-

I think that player will probably come out of any Haywood deal- and I expect Sausha Kaun- who a few teams have inquired about- to be part of the HAywood deal- as well as possibly the kid they drafted from 'Cuse in the 2nd round. It wont be a great player by any means- but it does not have to be.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a strange situation with Butler.

It LOOKS like he wants to get to LA. Chicago has matching rights- but after 1 year he could be gone. I mean- sign and trade here? I dunno.....do the Lakers want to be patient and wait a year and see what happens? This Butler situtaion has the makings of being the 1st of its kind in the NBA where a restricted FA turns down a max offer....kind of in uncharted waters here.

The Lakers don't need to trade assets to get Butler. They just need to be patient and wait until next summer. They have 3 year rebuild plan.

If Butler really wants to be in LA sooner than later, he needs to opt into this last year of his current contract and become an UFA next summer. It's what Monroe did, although Monroe never got the max offer.